The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

F-14 Ace's Wacky Wild West Adventures

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
EDIT: So I just noticed that the board doesn't scale images like it used to.  To view the whole picture, just right click on the image and click "view image".

I've sung the praises of Red Dead Redemption 2 a lot, and I've been using the recently introduced "Photo Mode" feature to take screenshots of my in-game adventures.  I thought I'd share some pictures I've taken that represent just why I love this game so much.  I take pictures of things that I find fascinating in the game, whether it be character interactions of just some pretty scenery.

For this first set of pictures, Arthur Morgan sets out on an epic adventure across the vast wilderness of West Elizabeth, New Hanover, and Ambarino.   

"I hear Pearson's cooking up some yellow liver, in case you wanna go jump in the pot."  Arthur's daily schedule: Wake up, antagonize Micah, get coffee, antagonize Micah, do camp chores, antagonize Micah, spend the day doing outlaw stuff then return home, antagonize Micah, eat camp stew, antagonize Micah, play poker with friends, antagonize Micah, play dominoes with Hosea, antagonize Micah, sit by the campfire, antagonize Micah, go to sleep, dream of antagonizing Micah.  Seriously, eff Micah!

While roaming through the wilderness of Ambarino, I made a very "grizzly" discovery.  It was quite unbearable. 

Nothing like a relaxing afternoon fishing.

After spending about two in-game weeks roaming the wilderness, camping, hunting, and living off the land like a wild man, Javier Escuella found me and said Dutch was worried.  I didn't care.
"Tell Dutch I ain't coming back!  Tell him I'm tired of his plans, tired of hearing about Tahiti, and I'm tired of being the only one bring in any food or money!"

Watching the sun set over Big Valley, West Elizabeth.

Riding into the town of Valentine as a storm rolls in.

At every turn I am blown away by just how beautiful and lush this game is.  It makes me wanna visit Colorado or Wyoming.

Looking west toward The Grizzlies.

Lassoing a bison.  Please note that the bison wasn't harmed.  I just wanted to see what would happen. 

The same can't be said for this deer that I hunted.  But I figured I should bring some food back for the gang after being gone for so long. 

Ending this outing with a song around the campfire with friends.

I've got more pictures to share later. 
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 08:26:57 PM by F-14 Ace »

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Figured I'd add some more to this.  As you can see, I like the outfit with the raccoon hat.  I like dressing up like Davy Crocket and running around the wilderness.

Hunting in the cold, snowy Grizzlies.  I think the Grizzlies are supposed to be based on the Teton Range in Wyoming.

John Marston rides again!

John Marston riding into Saint Denis.  I hate that place so very much.

Arthur watching the sunset over the Grizzlies.

Nothing like a hot cup of coffee to start off a day of hunting, exploring, and other outlaw stuff. 

Night time in Roanoke Ridge.  From the sound of the wind blowing through the dense forest, to the horrific gang of cannibal hillbillies that roam the woods preying on travelers, the fact that the place is crawling with wolves and cougars, and the dirty, downtrodden state of the settlements and people there, plus the creepy ambient music, Roanoke Ridge is without a doubt the scariest place in the game.

This picture was taken shortly after the previous one.  Arthur Morgan rides into the mining town of Annesburg in the moonlight. 

Arthur pretending that he's Davy Crockett.

Wandering through a forest at sunset.

John fishing by a lake.

John camping by the same lake.

To end this post, John Marston visits the grave of his brother-in-arms...  I think I got something in my eye...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 04:33:45 PM by F-14 Ace »

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I haven't played the game myself, but I did watch my roommate play through a good chunk of it. It is indeed a pretty looking game with some of the landscapes. Nice job with these screenshots!

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
No matter what other games I play, this is always the one I come back to.  I loved the first game and it would be awesome to see it remastered with this game's engine. 

How about some wildlife photos? 

I watched this cougar kill a deer.  You can actually see the claw marks on the deer carcass.  I love little details like that. 

Speaking of cougars, this one was hunting a pronghorn.

The pronghorn got away and he decided I'd make a tastier meal.  Seriously, cougars are the scariest things in this game.

A bison.

More bison.

I really like this one.  Bison are such beautiful animals. 

A wolf emerges from a lake after chasing a moose.

A grizzly bear.

A golden eagle.

Some song birds.

My white Arabian, Princess.  I found her up in the wild up the cold snowy mountains.  Everyone seems to love Arabians but I honestly find them to be a bit overrated.  Yes, they are fast and have great handling, but they're also super skittish and if a cougar shows up, you WILL get bucked.  Still, I got her for free so I can't really complain. 

Susan, my tiger-striped mustang.  Now THIS is the best horse in the game.  Mustangs are a multi-class horse, being a mix of a war horse and a work horse.  While her speed isn't the best, her handling is great and she's by far the bravest horse in the game, as that picture of me and her facing a cougar will attest.  She actually trampled that cougar in the end while I was still trying to line up a shot. 

This magnificent boy is Buell.  He is, in my opinion, the most beautiful horse in the game.  He's a gold Dutch warmblood with pale blue eyes.  You get him for completing a certain side quest.  He is reasonably fast and is not easily spooked by predators, so he's a good horse for hunting, which is what his previous owner used him for. 

Stardisk

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Stardisk's strange digital corner
Could you put so many pictures into the spoiler, please? I have to scroll too much...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 06:39:28 PM by Stardisk »
Saint Petersburg, Russian Federation

View my art project Internet Before Time (last update was 2020/11/18!)

Discussion of LBT games for PS1

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The spoiler tag didn't work.  I don't know why it doesn't scale images like it used to.  You have to right click on the image and click "view image" to see the whole thing. 

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
When you insert a picture, if you replace [img] with [img width=x] it scales it to that size. Another secret is that you can go to your profile -> "Look and Layout" -> near the top there will be "Current Themes" and you can change it to "SunRise". It's a theme that's compatible with mobile and auto scales images in the horizontal direction of whatever screen your using!

Stardisk

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Stardisk's strange digital corner
The spoiler tag didn't work.

What do you mean "didn't work"?
It works. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Code: [Select]
[spoiler]
Put here whatever you want!
[img]https://transphoto.org/photo/13/89/04/1389042.jpg[/img]
[/spoiler]

Spoiler: ShowHide

Put here whatever you want!

« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 10:58:42 PM by Stardisk »
Saint Petersburg, Russian Federation

View my art project Internet Before Time (last update was 2020/11/18!)

Discussion of LBT games for PS1

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Just some more screenshots.
A bald eagle.

Looking out across Big Valley.

The Grizzlies.

Roanoke Valley

The streets of Saint Denis at night.

A charging cougar.

Angry cougar.

A hawk carrying a rattlesnake.

John Marston rescued these people from some bandits.