The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

TLBT Meme Collab [ANNOUNCEMENT]

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
Hello there dinosaur friends!

As you may know, you may know me for creating the Land Before Time meme section in the LBT Fanart section, and originally I used that section for posting still images of LBT memes, but this month, I expanded on making video memes with this franchise.

And now, I want to make something that could expand on the video memes I made, except on a collaborative effort.  Which is why I'm proud to announce:

The Land Before Time Meme Collab!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15jp-iGg6twFN0mtV8hp-GfexLia9OQs2/view?usp=sharing

That's right, I decided it would be cool if we put a bunch of video memes together, into one big video!

That means if you have a video meme you want to be featured into a video, you can send it to me to have a chance for it to be included in this collab!

Here are the rules in case your wondering:
  • The minimum requirement for your video has to be at least 5 seconds, because we don't want your meme to be a blink and miss for everyone watching!  If you want to turn your video into a mini YTP-styled video, that's fine, but the maximum length of your video must be 2 minutes.  Anything longer than that will either be shortened, or rejected.
  • You can submit a video meme into the project by sending a PM to me, since I can keep the project a surprise so you don't know what videos will appear in the project.  If you wanna send more, that's fine, but the maximum you can send is 3.  Going over the video limit will require you to chose which 3 videos you want to be submitted.
  • We want this to be a friendly community, and since this forum is open to all ages, I must ask that the video you make must maintain a PG rating, which means you can include some language, but any bad words such as the f word or the s word that gets included in your video means that your video will be rejected (unless you find a way to censor it in a way that doesn't make it sound dirty such as using a dinosaur roar to censor it.  This is TLBT after all...)
  • Make sure you watermark your videos with unique text containing your username so we know that it's you who made the video.  You can also make it more helpful by naming your entry like "[your username]'s entry" to make it easier to track down your video.  Any video that isn't watermarked will be given the plain text watermark treatment.

The entries for this project will close by April 28th, so act fast and make sure you send in your entries by that date, because once we reach that date, any entries that are submitted after that date will be rejected.

Anyway, go out there and make some video memes, and remember to have fun!

- chomper94
(special thanks to @rhombus for approving the idea!)

Edit: Date has been changed from March 18th to April 28th.  At this point, you probably would want to ignore the video announcement since that has the old deadline (but unless you want to hear my 1 take recording to announce this project, go ahead).
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 06:47:47 PM by chomper94 »

fried-longneck

• Member+
  • Chomper
  • Jesse,my iceberg has 200 entries
    • View Profile
Good Idea,but I don't have any video editing software to make it.Maybe you know some,that I could use

chomper94

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Good Idea,but I don't have any video editing software to make it.Maybe you know some,that I could use

I mostly use PowerDirector to make videos so you can try that.  Not sure about Kinemaster, but if you want you can give Kinemaster a shot.

fried-longneck

• Member+
  • Chomper
  • Jesse,my iceberg has 200 entries
    • View Profile

chomper94

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Just a quick update that you have 1 month and 19 more days left until the entries close for the collab.

I haven’t gotten any entries yet ever since I announced this project, so if there’s still no entries by March, I’ll probably delay the closing entry date by 1 month or more so I can have more time for anyone who still wants to give the collab a try.

chomper94

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ok, so since I have not yet received an entry since this announcement, and it's pretty much been 1 month, I'm going to delay the deadline for the meme collab to April 28, 2022, I'll make sure to edit the top post so people who click on this project announcement can see the new date.

If I still don't get anything by 1 month, I'll postpone the project until I get 1 entry, then I'll find a new date for a new deadline.

Mouse-a-saur

• A Winchesterian Paradox
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Supernaturally Yours
    • View Profile
I'm definitely gonna try; I've gotten back into making YTPs recently so I'll give it a go  :bestsharptooth

~*And I'm something called a Jared Padalecki*~

chomper94

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ok, a quick update that so far, I’ve received 1 entry, but it isn’t enough to create the video.  So I have made the decision to postpone the collab until I’ve received enough entries to announce a new deadline date.

Don’t worry, entries are still open for sending, I just need more entries if I’m going to make this, so that’s why I’m waiting for more entries until a new deadline date is made.

Reminder that if you want to send an entry, do it via Messages section in the forum, thank you for understanding.

- chomper94

CappyGaming

• Chomper
  • I love Littlefoot!
    • View Profile
Ok, a quick update that so far, I’ve received 1 entry, but it isn’t enough to create the video.  So I have made the decision to postpone the collab until I’ve received enough entries to announce a new deadline date.

Don’t worry, entries are still open for sending, I just need more entries if I’m going to make this, so that’s why I’m waiting for more entries until a new deadline date is made.

Reminder that if you want to send an entry, do it via Messages section in the forum, thank you for understanding.

- chomper94
Yeah so I don't see an option for linking files in the PM thing

chomper94

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

- chomper94
Yeah so I don't see an option for linking files in the PM thing

Did you try linking the file in Google Drive, then pasting the link in your PM?  That usually is one way you can send the video.