The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Etta Showcase - February 2022

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
And last but not least... let's welcome Etta for the final character showcase before we transition to the film showcases!

------

In this topic please feel free to discuss Etta as a character, to share your own creations (fanfics or fanart) concerning her, or to mention some of your favorite fanworks of others involving her.  For a full set of rules please see the 2022 Monthly Character Showcase topic but keep in mind that this is meant to be fun as opposed to any sort of contest.

I will go ahead and get the discussion started with the following questions:

1.  When considering Etta in the fourteenth film, which of her character traits stand out the most to you?

2.  Not a character question per se, but the fact that Reba McEntire voiced Etta was rather heavily promoted by the marketing materials for the film.  Do you think this made an impact in attracting sales or new fans to the series?

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

NatsnCats

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Huh. Nobody’s said anything, so I guess I’ll chime in.

I think she’s an all right character. Neither my favorite nor disliked, neutral ground really. I think her personality tells me she comes from a quirky family (sister and cousin, anyone?), and she somehow survives on odd advice. But she has a good heart, too, as she wanted to see Littlefoot out of harm’s way, even when she learned that Bron was his father. The quirks make for an adorable character, and Journey of the Brave was at least a nice return to classic LBT form (in my opinion) so no complaints here.

The jewelstone queen

• just call me Jewel ; D
  • Spike
  • I'm just an artist :0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel (I animate stuff, they old)
I've never really answered the questions during a character showcase, it's always been me describing my opinion on the character, hehe  :rhett_smile

I think Etta might be on the list of my favorite lbt characters, she's like a goofy grandmother! I love the personality she gives off. And her song number was incrediable! It's got to be my favorite song from that movie. Reba McEntire totally nailed it. Speaking of, I would agree that some of her audience noticed her role in the movie and probably took a look at it. 

I can't get over Etta's silly and jumpy personality. It also warms my heart to see her incouraging Littlefoot and bringing him confidence as she tries to get him out of that cave they were in, kinda shows a motherly side to her I think.
I'm currently writing an lbt fanfic about Littlefoot and Ruby, it's a little cringy at first. Go check it out if you're interested! FANFICTION.NET- https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14063661/1/The-Land-Before-time-Unbearable
OR RIGHT HERE ON THE WEBSITE- https://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=17556.0

NatsnCats

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I won’t lie, Look for the Light is a bop. After XIII failed to deliver in well-balanced and meaningful funny characters, I definitely agree with you that Etta is a fun, silly grandma with a lot of wisdom once you get to know her. So I guess you can say she’s my favorite of the double digit sequels. Even if she’s an obvious Reba plug, Reba clearly had fun with this role.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Of all the characters in the franchise, she certainly is one

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
The way she laughed after telling the story of how her cousin put herself in the mouth of a sharptooth just got me for some reason. That's some messed up sense of humour and I love it. :lol Other than that, yeah she's quirky but caring as well. Certainly an improvement in the new character department compared to the previous film.  :PLoofah

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I liked Etta, she is a very positive Pterosaur. I love Reba in everything she has done, so I was thrilled she provided a voice for Etta.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith