The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Chip 'N Dale Rescue Rangers (2022)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Coming this May to Disney+.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh1oG8y_Cv0

So we return to the world of Roger Rabbit.  Not what I was expecting, but I'll bite.  Let's see how this one goes.

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
I just pray that this film is good.  Most of the original films on Disney+ have sucked lately starting on Disney+ day.

We had a new Home Alone film, terrible way to welcome 20th Century Studios into the Disney+ original film lineup.

We had a Diary of a Wimpy Kid adaptation, it was sort of meh, but Disney announcing there’s going to be more animated Wimpy Kid movies gives me hope the next one won’t be bad.

We had a Ice Age sequel, a film that was announced a few months after Blue Sky shut down, and that sequel was already going to suck even before it came out.

Looking at the trailer makes me think it’ll be in a Roger Rabbit universe because it takes place in Hollywood, except modern-day, so please make this film good Disney.

Daddytops2021

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I just pray that this film is good. 
same
Raoul: (voiceover): What is this? A Triceratops? A grocery store with, and… He’s got hot dogs? Subways?

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
Since the movie will be 1 month old in one day, I guess I should start sharing my thoughts on this movie on what I’ve thought of it.  Spoilers are seen below so watch the movie first before looking at them.

Spoiler: ShowHide
So the plot of the movie, the plot appears to be about Chip and Dale after their show: Chip ‘N Dale’s Rescue Rangers, ended. 

30 years after the duo broke up, Dale now works at what appears to be a convention where he has put up a nostalgic display up for his show, Rescue Rangers.  And yes folks, Ugly Sonic is in fact in this movie.

Meanwhile, Chip is now an insurance person, having being made the Employee of the Month nonstop.  One day however, he gets home from work and receives a call from Monterey Jack, apparently leaving a voicemail for some help from Chip.

This of course, leads to a reunion to the duo, Chip and Dale, who even though Dale is happy to see Chip again, the latter, isn’t happy.

This later kicks off the real plot-line, where Jack is toonnapped (I needed to make one joke, ok?) and now the duo have to team up to search for Jack before he is apparently bootlegged to foreign countries.

This is where we would later find our main villain: Sweet Pete, who is apparently a washed-up Peter Pan played by Will Arnett (who, when I found out he was voicing him, I immediately thought of BoJack.  Those two should get together sometime).

Even though the villain choice was interesting, I found the backstory to Peter to be, a bit hurtful to the original voice actor of Peter Pan: Bobby Driscoll.  Like, look at this and tell me how similar this is?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KMIs1QBYD8Q

So later on in the movie, the duo end up sneaking into a bathhouse in order to find a fitness tracker that Peter owns so they can later sneak into a warehouse where the toons are bootlegged. 

We then see, possibly one of the most unexpected cameos I’ve ever seen in a movie.  Randy Marsh ladies and gentlemen!

So after finding the tracker, they duo starts to search through the warehouse, only to discover that Monterey Jack was already bootlegged, and that it’s too late (although not really).

Although while arguing in the police station, they soon discover that Ellie (one of the police officers) and Putty (another police officer, voiced by R.J. Williams) have Jack’s cologne on, meaning that these two can no longer be trusted.

So the duo decide to go back to the Fan Con and get Ugly Sonic to help them, knowing they work for the FBI.  But Sonic says they can’t help them. 

Although Peter soon discovers Chip and Dale’s location, due to Dale accidentally sending a social media post saying he would be at the Fan Con today, which Peter Pan was following Dale at that time.

This later leads to the kidnapping of Chip where, surprise surprise, Putty was working for Peter all along!

So through a secret message that Ellie sends to Dale, Dale proceeds to get help from the person that spawned a cult in Russia, Gadget (and Zipper, though he never had a cult, but he did get married).  Tress MacNeille also appears to have been recast as Gadget in this scene.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cvYGLNOUnzs

So after getting help from Gadget, Dale then saves Chip from being bootlegged, but suddenly, the bootleg machine becomes broken, and zaps Peter Pan, who turns into a bootleg version of Fat Cat.

While being chased, Chip and Dale soon discovers that the bootleg locations wasn’t in foreign areas, but near the warehouse the entire time.

That’s when we see bootleg versions of Pooh, Aladdin, and…Simpsons (because y’know, Disney owns them now)?

In order to defeat Fat Cat, Chip and Dale end up recreating a scene from the very beginning of the movie, which causes a load of materials to land on Fat Cat, so the police can arrest him (who is Peter Pan, yes I didn’t forget about him).

So the box that contains the bootlegged cartoons are then opened, and we proceed to see some familiar faces…

And Bonkers is here too!

Of course, they later reunite with Monterey Jack, who turned into a bootleg version of Dumbo, and we have the whole gang back together.

Only picture I was able to find, sorry…

The movie then ends, and we get a nod to the Disney Afternoon through a Smash reference.

And a nod to Darkwing Duck (which is probably the tease for the upcoming reboot for Disney+).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yVSIYZv2T8g

Well, I guess that’s the end of the spoiler section, did not expect it to be that long, almost felt like writing an essay for an exam! :lol

Anyway, for those who skipped the spoiler section because you didn’t watch the movie, for the spoiler-free section, I overall thought it was so far, the best Disney+ original film I’ve seen (not counting the Pixar films that were pushed to Disney+) and Disney actually did a nice job.

The references were honestly the best part of the movie, with mixes of hand-drawn and CGI animation, Disney implemented it well.  And even with all of them, the plot was still good so you can tell Disney was really trying to make a good movie here.

Overall, I highly recommend to watch this movie on Disney+ if you have nothing else to do on the streaming service.

Edit: Apparently I’m now realizing that in the spoiler section, the YouTube videos apparently duplicated themselves, ignore that issue, I don’t think there’s a fix for that.