The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Miraculous Ladybug

HotelValleyfornia

• Shark took my leg, brah!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • All aboard the Hyperfixation Express!
    • View Profile
Every so often you come across a cartoon that, on the surface, seems pretty out of your usual interest. But then you actually watch it and it absolutely blows you away, leaving you absolutely struck dumb at its absolute awesomeness.

Well, for me, that show is Miraculous Ladybug. Way back when it was first making the rounds, I was like "Hmm...pretty interesting new cartoon. I like the CGI style. But I dunno if I'd ever take an interest in it myself", and with that I went back to binging Total Drama. :p But one day, around the time I was first getting into 6teen, I felt bored and my mind wandered back to the show. I realized it held some of my many interests. Goofy, fun, fashionable protagonist? Check. Villains that run the gamut from full of depth to just hilarious jerks? Check. Awesome animation? Check. An overall fascinating concept? Check check check. So, I decided to give it a look.

And I was left thinking "Wow, this is absolutely AWESOME."

The cast is one of the strongest I've ever seen in media. Everyone is memorable in all sorts of ways, Marinette is one of the most pure fun protagonists I've ever seen, Chloe is absolutely hilarious with her own fun plot to follow, Adrien despite his hiccups is an overall likable deuteragonist, all the other major supporting characters (Tikki, Plagg, Alya, Nino, Sabrina, Luka, Kagami, Juleka, Rose, ALIX ESPECIALLY ALIX, and everyone else because we'll be here forever if I mention them all) are super fun in their own ways, Hawk Moth is a super interesting villain, Lila is one of the most gloriously heartless villains I've ever seen with an AMAZING rivalry with Marinette...I could go on and on. In addition to that, the animation is GORGEOUS, the lore is fascinating and fun to follow, the story arcs are gripping, you REALLY want our heroes to succeed, and in general it's just an absolute blast to watch.

It isn't perfect, obviously (some episodes could probably use a rewrite and sometimes when Lila is running amok, several students tend to be rather naive), but in general it is SUCH a fun, awesome show that I never get tired of watching. I cannot recommend it highly enough to you all. Watch it if you like cartoons that are good.

Anyway, I made this thread both to tell y'all about it, and for those of you who have seen it like me. Feel free to discuss it here! :)petrie
Current hyperfixation: Total Drama

Yacht life! :DD

SammyTheSpiketail

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile