The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Tricia

Lain_EX · 47 · 8932

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
sounds like a plot

and a very good one!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It could make one, with a few positive messages in it.  I doubt they'd ever go there though.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I dunno y'all :unsure:.  Too much drama for an LBT movie and especially the Threehorn family, considering all they've been through.  I'm certain if Mr. Threehorn and his first wife split up, the wife would've stayed nearby for Cera's sake.  There's no way the two would have their children divided up in two different "households."  Based on Cera's initial reaction to Tria, one could assume she most likely has memories of her mother and still loves her.  Cera has never once mentioned her missing relatives since the original movie.  I think they're six feet under pushing daisies :cry.  Perhaps it's too painful for Cera and even her father, despite their strong mentalities, to talk about.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Or they assume she and Cera's siblings died in the earth shake the separated them.  They may have, or Cera's mother may have gotten separated, maybe with or without some or all of Cera's siblings.  It's not said so it's one of those things that anyone can be correct.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I guess they meant to adopt a problem for LBT 11 which many kids know these days (I think I know more people or at least as many people from "patchwork families" (myself included) than the traditional mother, father, child pattern) but without making it "too complicate" for the kids. I don't like their beating the bush about the problems. At least there should have been SOME explanation as to what happened to Cera's mother. But same as in case of Bron's appearance in LBT 10 they just made up a couple of facts and presented them to the audience without much explanation or coherence with earlier movies. This kind of policy is what seriously dampens my enthusiasm for the later LBT installments.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
What is interesting is Tricia grows up a bit and is able to ask her mother about "why Cera doesn't call you her mom?" The fact that Cera and Tricia are only HALF-sisters is a potential plot-thread. It's something that would not likely happen with animated humans; you can get away with more with animals as characters...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
They seemed unsure what happened to Cera's mother and siblings.  There are some shots that could be them in the early sequels, and there is a movie or 2 where Cera is seen with small threehorns that look like small versions of herself.    The folks working on the later movies may have ignored this, like they did that there were spiketails or at least 1 in the valley in the early sequels, but they make it sound like there were never any till Tippy's herd showed up.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Apr 25 2008 on  02:57 PM
there is a movie or 2 where Cera is seen with small threehorns that look like small versions of herself.
Funny ya mention that.  Yeah, these little threehorns are seen during the end credits of LBT II.  I always thought perhaps she was having a flashback of her sisters(there were three of them).  If they were still living, they would be roughly her size :blink:.  It does not matter if Cera and Tricia are "half-sisters."  The point is, they're still sisters due to biology and will always love each other as such :wub:  :^.^:.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I doubt dinos use a term like half sister, they may, but it's easier to assume they do not.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
^ I agree. I suppose in many cases the Dinosaurs would not think in such complex / legal terms as humans do. I typed a very long message on the way families are seen in LBT. The message was getting too far off topic so I posted it separately.
Here it is.
There are Ceralikelooking threehorn kids in the original movie as well as in LBT 2 and 3. Whenever they have anything to do or to say (Dinah, Dana, and Tricia) they suddenly take on a different color and sprout horns on their foreheads :lol

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It could, but I"d guess they'd likely continue with the recent trend.  They could do that with Cera's mother, but they'd have a plot thing like why didn't she go to the great valley to look for her mate and Cera, and if she left Threehorn why did she leave Cera with him and take the other children.  Similar to why didn't Bron look for Littlefoot in the Great Valley?

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
What I think is kind of weird is the way topsy forgets Cera. He was so happy about the fact that tricia could run.. But wasn't running the first thing that Cera did? Cera was less cute, I admit. And I know Tria/Topsy both almost ignore Cera the whole movie. But he must have ideas of Cera as hatchling right? Why did he forget that, and did as if running was special.. Man they screwed up that part..

Seeing a baby grow is great of course, but mustn't a father/mother think about the children they had before?

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Cera was less cute, I admit.

I think that was mostly due to the primitive animation of the 80's. :p Cera as a baby using moder animation would be just too cute. :^.^:

And I know Tria/Topsy both almost ignore Cera the whole movie. But he must have ideas of Cera as hatchling right? Why did he forget that, and did as if running was special.. Man they screwed up that part..

I disagree.  Remember this is a movie that EVERYONE should be able to comprehend, including 2 and 3 year olds.  They have to over-emphasize almost everything for the sake of the youngsters.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yes okay.. I know..

But still .. :p

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess they felt they had to do that or else the kids would not understand.  And with Threehorn maybe he is like that, you have to remember he's not he's not exactly a nice guy, nor a very wise one, but that is another topic.  

That is one of the problems often with juvenile fiction stuff aimed at kids or younger kids is the writers and those higher up feel they have to overemphasize things or else the audience won't understand it, though that do that with some all ages things also.  People are not as dumb as some people think they are, though some are, or worse, in certain areas.   & also the way they have to have the adults often idiots, jerks, or incompetent so the kids are the ones who have to do all the important things.

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
you're right kor! i totaly live with that!

but we are getting of topic i think,
i see tricia as a sidekick character for cera, somebody sees that to?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Something else I just thought of, though I've not seen the movie yet so don't know what they do.  They could have completely missed giving a positive message of if there is something you do not like you can either go to your parents about it or if you don't feel comfortable about it go to a trusted adult, in this case Littlefoot's grandfather, one of the 'leaders' of the great valley and tell him about it.  Though it may make more sense with considering how Cera's personality is to have her tell her friends, have littlefoot go tell his grandfather then have Littlefoot tell Cera what his grandfather said.  Or have Cera alone looking upset walking around and obviously upset and have Grandpa longneck happen upon her, so she didn't go to him, but just happened to meet him, which would still fit with her likely not going to him since in this case she could happen to meet him and answer his question of why she looks upset about something.

A sidekick character, maybe, but 2 of her roles is as the cute baby, little sister.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The right threehorn for Cera to keep her Cool I'd say.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
She may well be able to do that indeed.  :)