The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Maybe Disney doesn't care so much about their older tv stuff.  Much of the old Disney afternoon stuff is up and has been up for months, but you won't catch a Pixar film up for long.  I think its hard for google to compete with the sheer number of people that can upload the stuff.

Then again, every click is more ad revenue for them, so keep the popular stuff and they make more money.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That and the folks in charge of disney may be younger types who do not like the older stuff so figure who cares and instead they focus on the newer stuff.  & the mass of folks may prefer the newer stuff and that may be where the main profit is from.  It may also be a mix of these factors as well.

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I just found out something very exciting.  This coming December, a company called Boom Studios is publishing a revival comic series with New Stories.  I can't wait for it.  Here's the info on the first issue:

Boom Studios

Your thoughts on this?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
looks really cool :)
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I wonder how popular the comic will be.  It would be nice if it were decently popular.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Good old days!

I come from The Acorn Cafe forum.

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Update: the first issue has now been published.

The production value seems to be very high.  The way it looks, the panels could be the basis for new episodes, if Disney was so inclined.

The first story also looks very interesting.  It revolves around some research into enhancing animal stregnth in times of need, but it seems someone has commandeered it for their own purposes.  And you won't believe who originally worked on the project....

In short, I plan to at least follow the comic through the first five issues.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
hopefully the series will be good.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
What Kor said about Disney not giving a damn about their older TV shows is true. Just look at how impossible they make it for a lot of their older stuff to get fans (even going as far as sabotaging Gargoyles).

I might pick up the new comic book, given that it looks fairly decent and hey, anything to make bigger numbers and make those delusions idiots at Disney realize there's a audience to be had concerning their 80s-90s TV franchises.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
I picked up the first issue the day it came out.  Its drawn nicely for a comic, and it keeps to the style of the cartoon.  Here's what I didn't like...a lot of flashbacks, and that really kept the story from going anywhere in this first issue.  Maybe things will clean up in the second one and I'm willing to give it that chance.  I'm not really interested in reading about flashbacks personally. ;)

Otherwise, its good for RR fans. :)  You think Chip and Dale will start meet and greets as the Rescue Rangers again in the parks?

Daddytops2021

• Chomper
    • View Profile
A
« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 10:50:46 AM by Daddytops2021 »
Raoul: (voiceover): What is this? A Triceratops? A grocery store with, and… He’s got hot dogs? Subways?

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
I recently watched the show on Disney+, then later got the official Blu-ray of the show.  If only I was born in the 80s to appreciate it, because it’s a hobby of mine to look back at retro stuff and this is one of those classics I’ll always return to.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I was surprisingly entertained by this film. Felt like a modern-day Who Framed Roger Rabbit, albeit one where the jokes were a lot more hit-and-miss. I think the extreme timeliness of the references will hurt this film's watchability later down the line, but Mulaney and Samberg's voice acting is really good and honestly carries the film. I'm curious if the actual Chip n Dale fans enjoyed the film, didn't feel very loyal to the source material and I feel like a few of the gags (especially
Spoiler: ShowHide
Gadget marrying Fly and having 142 hybrid babies
) would leave a very bad taste in my mouth if I were actually invested in the fandom.

Update: Oops, my bad, I assumed this thread was on the new film that recently came out. I have not seen the original show, but my boyfriend is a fan and kept me updated on all the things the movie was getting wrong, haha