The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Member Awards 2009 - Voting open

Malte279 · 99 · 11063

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
EDITED.

Sorry.  I didn't quite understand. :unsure:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
STOP! EVERYONE READ THIS!
The voting upon the "Appreciated Member Award" has not yet started and it won't before the closing of all the other votes. The central point about the "Appreciated Member Award" is that it is voted upon only after all other votes have been issued and only those can be nominated for it who did not receive any other award. The votes for the "Appreciated Member Award" can be cast from May 24th to May 31st.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I assumed it would be another thread, with maybe a list of who qualifies for the appreciated member or who does not.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I decided to add one more vote in category "Fanart Award". I have to say that there is many people who can drawn a good picture (NeoGenesis and DarkWolf for example), but I can cast only one vote, which goes to DarkHououmon, for his drawings to "Sharptooth Valley". The alternative (sharptooth) version of LBT characters is something really great.

Edit: I skipp other two awards (Helpful Member and Feedback).
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I edited my first vote post (on page 1, to keep everything nicely together in one post) with my latest votes.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,May 18 2009 on  12:25 PM
I edited my first vote post (on page 1, to keep everything nicely together in one post) with my latest votes.
It would be easier if everyone did not do that.  Just put any votes you didn't cast before in a new reply...its easier for us to track what has been tallied and what has not.

Thanks.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I re-edited mine as well page 2 I believe, if not page 1

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Philosopher - Nick22 He does seem to give good advice at times

The Projects Award - Action for working on the game.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Moving on...
Here I complete my voting!

Friendly Member: This one was hard. Very hard. So many people here deserves this award indeed. There are people who've made more special impressions to me. You know who you are I hope, because I am not going to write a list on this one.
I don't belive in lists when it comes to friendliness.
Anyway, the person who I give my vote for has become a real friend to me, a person who fill in all the definitions of a real friend. I've seen him many times around here, radiating such harmony and peace. A truly strong and noble person he is, accepting hard times and willing to give assisstance to others.
And with our second trip in Januar this year, he had invited me to the best week in my entire life. Something I shall never forget.
Because of this, I'm voting for Patrick (Nimrod) for the Friendly Member award 2009.

Philosopher: I've met few persons who has shown so exelent wisdom and interessting thoughts, ideas and opinions. And with such a talented way of expressing them! Not only on LBT, but everything between earth and heaven. He has really made a remarkable impression to me. Sometimes he has shown that one doesn't need sleeping darts to make someone fall asleep! :lol
And he still has my wallet in his posession!
Malte for Philosopher 2009.

Fanart 2009: Being an artist myself, I've looked alot on other member's artwork around here. All of them are highly talented artists indeed!
Darkwolf, Neo, Mumbling, Sky are names that comes to mind.
However, one of us has shown a frequent passion for drawing over the last half-year, and has some truly remarkable talents up her sleave.
I'm truly inspired of her skills to being able to draw many different species, something she shown with her fanart for the Sharptooth Valley saga.
Kacie (DarkHououmon) is an awesome artist, and therefor I give her my vote for the Fanart Award 2009.

Proactive member: The GoF Party Room is the true definition for this award!
Since about 3/4 year back, that place had litterly exploded with topics, games, jokes and funny movies.
Many members are responisble for this! Guilty ones are Rat_Lady, Brekclub, Myrkin, Nick and Babidikrakenguard.
But there's one person who seem to be everywhere, and is frequently creating new games and evaluations.
Rat_Lady has my vote for the Proactive member award 2009.

Helpful member 2009: This one goes to Iris (Mumbling). I've heard nothing but good words about her helping out others with a various of things, including myself.
She's very supporting and gentle, and able to lit the spirit within many of us!

Feedback award: And my last vote goes to Malte. Wherever I go on GoF, Malte has been there and shared his opinion, given encouragement or constructive critisism. He always seem to have something to say.

Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Voting ends tomorrow.  If anyone is still going to vote, get your votes in soon!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Friendly Member: NeptuneNavigator2001. He is mostly laid-back and easy-going, judging from the conversations I have with him.

Helpful Member: Landbeforetimelover. His knowledge of computers has benefited members in the past. His willingness to provide LBT episodes when Action was no longer able to was also a big help for LBT fans. Another thing he's done to help was provide a website where people can upload to without fear of it getting taken down.

Proactive Member: Rat_Lady7. She is one of the most active members I've seen. She has also started multiple different topics, some of which touching up on some rather controversial issues.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Just a quick note to the admins that I have edited my post on page 2 to include 3 more votes, bringing myself up to the 6 required. :p
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
The problem with you updating your old post NN2001 is that we now do not know which ones you've added. Your previous votes have already been logged. Would you mind tell us which ones you've added so we can update your status.

To anyone else who still have votes to cast. PLEASE DO NOT UPDATE YOUR PREVIOUS POSTS! All previous votes up to this point have been recorded! Just add your new ones as a new post/reply. It's a lot easier for us to record your outstanding votes this way.

Thanks in advance guys ;)

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Quote from: Littlefoot1616,May 23 2009 on  05:26 PM
The problem with you updating your old post NN2001 is that we now do not know which ones you've added. Your previous votes have already been logged. Would you mind tell us which ones you've added so we can update your status.

To anyone else who still have votes to cast. PLEASE DO NOT UPDATE YOUR PREVIOUS POSTS! All previous votes up to this point have been recorded! Just add your new ones as a new post/reply. It's a lot easier for us to record your outstanding votes this way.

Thanks in advance guys ;)
Oh, oops, sorry about that. :p Old habit. I'll just cut and paste from my other post, moving them over here. ;)

EDIT: Here's the rest of my votes, cut and pasted from my other post. ;)

Projects: My vote goes to Action9000 for the daunting task of starting and making great progress on his LBT RPG game - which we all hope to play when it's done. :p

Philosopher: Kor was my choice for this award. During the times when I used to visit the various LBT discussion threads, I found many of his posts to be intriguing and interesting. Quite a few of them have made me think about aspects of LBT that I might have never considered before.

Proactive Member: After reading through the noteworthy qualifications for this award (LBT webpages included), one member stood out for me, making this choice rather easy: Landbeforetimelover. His LBT server, and his GOF backup site in case the GOF goes down, are two achievements which stand out in my mind as having a positive impact on this community as a whole. Way to go. :)

There we go. Now to relax and let go of the anxiety and panic that came when I realized I didn't have enough votes cast.
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Fanart: Darkhououmon, for her Sharptooth Valley saga drawings.

Projects: Action9000, for his work on the LBT Roleplaying game.

Helpful: Landbeforetimelover, for the work he did in providing the episodes after Action was no longer able to.

Feedback: Malte, for his very helpful comments in the projects section.

Proactive: Rat_Lady7, for her frequent postings in the games section.

Philosopher: Malte, for his very deep impressions on a number of topics.

Friendliest Member: Darkhououmon, for her warm demeanor whenever she is on.

Role Playing: I have yet to participate in any of the RPs, so I must skip this nomination.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Okay I'm inputting my final vote now!

Feedback Award: This one was easier for me to pick than some of the others. This award from me will go to Malte. Aside from him being one of our admins, he always has an argument for both the positive and negative points of view, and when he responds to a thread you can be sure he will weigh both sides of the argument before giving his final say.

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Two more:
Helpful member:Nick22, rather difficult as there have been many helpful people around.  But, I've seen that Nick is always willing to give help when asked.

Proactive member:I'd have to say Ratlady as so far I've seen many new (and interesting threads) that are garnered by her.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Tally from Adam completed up to here. (this is for staff only)  You can still vote until tonight.