The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Alice in Wonder Land (2010)

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah, I am, I saw the trailer for it on YouTube and it looks real promising.

thebigdeal

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://youtube.com/BigDealStudios
Doesn't look like Wonderland too me! The original movie had a lot of colors and wacky characters, but fcking Burton made it the next Dark Knight. It should be called DarkDevastationWorld.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
My sister loves Tim Burton's work, so she'll probably see the movie. Personally I like this Wonderland better than the Disney version, from what I saw.

I don't know too much about the original books the Disney movie was based on, but wasn't the original Wonderland creepier? It wouldn't surprise me if Disney altered Wonderland into the colorful world we see it portrayed as in the movie.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
this is darker than the Disney version, but there were dark themes in Lewis' book
I'm looking forward to it, it seems like it will be very good.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I'm skipping this. I am not supporting Burton's obsession with remaking the entire literary world in his image anymore.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
fortunately burton's not remaking the wizard of oz..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Jan 2 2010 on  08:16 PM
I'm skipping this. I am not supporting Burton's obsession with remaking the entire literary world in his image anymore.
Aww man, that made me lol reading that XD

And I see what you mean with Burton.....what's next for him? Lord of the Rings in his image? Johnny Depp playing Aragorn, Helena Bonham Carter as Arwen? The score done by Danny Elfman? :lol:

Sorry, couldn't help but bring that up XD

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
nah. LOTR was done brilliantly by Peter jackson, Burton couldn't hope to make as good an adaptation if he tried . I could see him remaking Peter Pan though..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Imagine if Tim Burton did do the wizard of oz.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Jan 2 2010 on  08:28 PM
nah. LOTR was done brilliantly by Peter jackson, Burton couldn't hope to make as good an adaptation if he tried . I could see him remaking Peter Pan though..
Hehe yeah, but it is Tim Burton we're talking about here :p  He'll remake anything he wants XD

And Wizard of Oz? Man, I could just imagine it, and of course, he'd have his regulars in the movie as well.  Same goes for Peter Pan too! :lol:

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: MrDrake,Jan 2 2010 on  03:22 AM
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Jan 2 2010 on  08:16 PM
Aww man, that made me lol reading that XD

And I see what you mean with Burton.....what's next for him? Lord of the Rings in his image? Johnny Depp playing Aragorn, Helena Bonham Carter as Arwen? The score done by Danny Elfman? :lol:
Wait, what? This isn't the first remake Tim Burton has done?

I admit, I don't pay attention, often, to who directs a movie. I personally don't care who directs a movie; that knowledge serves no purpose for me. I just care if I like the movie or not.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Might give it a shot, seeing I really enjoy movies with Depp in it and Disney can't be too horrible (hopefully)... ;)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Burton should stay far, far away from Wizard of Oz and Peter Pan. The last thing we need a Oz or Pan being about emo (oh God, did I just type that horrible word) outsiders. Wizard of Oz is fun because its odd, but its not out and out nightmarish like Burton would want it. Same goes for Peter Pan. We've already seen what a filmmaker departing from the source material will do it with Hook. Heaven knows we don't need a repeat of that aborted attrocity.

Also, his adaptation of Sweeney Todd sucked. He cut all of the other themes not pertaining to lonesome outsiders like Todd out, over-simplified Anthony and Johanna's romance, and ruined the music.
Then before that, Corpse Bride was lackluster.

Then before that, what he did with Charlie and the chocolate Factory was unforgiveable. In a single moment, Wonka trying to take Charlie from his family ruined the entire film for me. Not to mention that the subplot with Wonka's father was completely unneeded, as were all the other things he added. I also found Charlie to be way over the top in how squeaky clean wholesome he was. At least the old Charlie from the Gene Wilder version acted like a kid. He was a good kid, but not perfect.

Big Fish was his last truly great film.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf