The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Pinkie Pie was creepy in this episode. lol It makes me like her more. This episode helped build her character more and explored her vulnerabilities. It made sense for her to react the way she did when she thinks she lost all her best friends. She's a very social person, er pony.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The episodes that have a focus mainly on one of the characters can be very interesting.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well I saw the finale the other day. And I have one thing to say.

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
^
Fluttershy has evolved into FLUTTERRAGE. RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!! :lol :lol

Also...

Eeeeyup.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Saw 26!  Wow!  Talk about having a mental breakdown!  Welcome to the Dark Side, Fluttershy!

Now, we await Season 2.  How long until a new episode?  Some fans are going to go crazy waiting for one.

EDIT: Oh, and also, what are your expectations for Season 2?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I believe it will air this fall.

Some stuff has been revealed about the second season so far. Expect a return of Luna (I think she might turn evil again according to another source) and Derpy is now an official character.

Oh and a bit of sad news, Lauren Fauste is no longer the executive producer of the show.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, here's a couple suggestions I've got for season 2.

1. Fluttershy turns evil due to an item of sorts. (I doubt that's too far-fetched for the writers. (Plus, the fans are just crazy about that one scene right now.))

2. One of the girls actually loses a friend or family member. (I'm talking an actual death here.  The episode with the phoenix doesn't count.) Yes, let's see how they handle a REAL death.

I'll see if I can come up with more.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Lauren Faust just left the show. You can read about it on Equastria Daily.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I wonder if that will change things in season 2 or 3.  Sometimes it can change a show heavily.   Though I'm no expert in such matters.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well, I'll put it to you this way. There were once shows called Land of the Lost, Gargoyles, and Watership Down. They ranged from decent to great. Well, on the third season of each, their original creators were nudged out and the studios took complete control and third seasons of each could be considered cruel and unusual punishment to sit through.
That could be happening to FiM right now.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
One must keep in mind that FiM was not created by one person, but several people. Losing one person does not mean that FiM will go downhill.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah, but Faust was the ring leader. Gargoyles fell apart with the loss of Greg Weisman, and he was just one guy. He was also the head of production as Faust was for MLP.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
With many shows it may be like I read on a web page by one of the folks who worked on the Beast Wars tv show.  He said that once the higher ups know they have a commodity they can't resist interfering, coming in and dictating what they want, think is better, ect.  

As I recall what he also said was that often the first season is the most true of the creator's vision for a series.  He used as an example the first season of Beast Wars, starting in season 2 the higher ups started to dictate stuff and they had less freedom.  Even less so with season 3.

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Just to note you guys, Faust didn't leave FiM 100%. She'll still be working on the show, just not as involved as before. She's the consulting producer now, btw.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
We know. It could still be a sign she's slowly being edged out, though.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I wonder if it is her will to do that, pressure from higher ups or something else.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I've never seen the show myself, but the animation makes me sick to my stomach.   :x I don't care how good a show is.  If I don't like the animation, I can never get into the show.