The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have been just terrible with all the latest episodes now....been unable to watch any of them cause of my slow connection.  Last one I saw was the one with Rarity at Canterlot, trying to impress Fancypants and the other ponies there I believe it was.  Well, either that one or the one centered around Rarity and Sweetie Belle.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile

Oh my, MOAR cyber ponies!!!!!  :p  :p  :p

Man, this makes me wish that my Cyberpunk MLP: FiM RP didn't die! Oh well, time for either a reboot or a story!

And an art dump by Samutoka/MoronSonOfBoron. Note that this is all work from his cyberpunk fan fic Storm Princess

(More art in next post)

I would pay an unbelievable amount of money for a cyberpunk MLP:FiM show.

Man, it kinda pisses me off that steampunk is more popular than cyberpunk.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

From my Storm Princess fanfiction's alternate universe.

These three Canterlot debutantes were the black sheep of high society, so they decided to band together and become partners in business.

Rescued from an ignominious fate as a corporate slave, Mena provides technical knowledge on crystal harvesting as well as her renowned crystal-singing abilities. Don't let her demure, straight-laced demeanor fool you; she's a performer on par with DJ who lives life just as much, if not more.
Crippled at a young age, Rarity became a self-taught artificer and engineer that builds everything from crystal computers to cybernetic limbs. Her dresses hide her legs so she can fit in among normal ponies.
DJ aimlessly partied all day and night; now, to support her friends, she uses her wealth and charisma to build connections and put on shows. She even has fiber-optic strands in her tail to project ad space.

In my Storm Princess story, the spa pony Lotus is reimagined as Healing Waters, the young and enterprising leader of Daedalus Industries. Charismatic and cunning, she enjoys disrupting the schemes of older, established corporations. She has a bit of a mischievous streak and even meddles in the personal affairs of her rivals, such as the venerable Knight Shade (himself the leader of the Erebus Collective, and an homage to an older MLP cartoon character).

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile

Trains man. Trains are srs business, even in a magical land of talking ponies, unicorns, and pegasi.

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm looking back at Season 2 and my favorite new characters are as follows:
-Discord
-Canonized Luna
-Daring Do
-Mare Do Well

rKrizik

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I don't have much to say, except that I was first aware of the new MLP show when I saw a few images on Photobucket. I think after doing some research out of curiosity, I found out about the show, and that it was a new MLP.
I didn't choose to watch any of it until later, when I realized more and more what a big fandom it was - so then I got curious and decided to watch a few episodes to see what all the fuss was about.
I can see how it would get addicting, but I actually don't watch it. XD
The biggest appeal, in my opinion, is the 'artwork' - the charming new look of the ponies in comparison to the original.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I can't wait for the Royal Wedding Episode I hope it's a very good season finale.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I hope the rumors are true that we're getting a Derpy Episode in season 3.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I hope a piece of electronic music, industrial rock or choral music makes it into the next season.

I mean, Batman Beyond worked perfect with industrial rock and electronic music. So those two genres in children's cartoons work fine.

And I'm holding out for a time we see a dirty, gritty Equestrian megacity. Even if it's only for one episode or just a show within a show.

Finally, did y'all know that Batman Beyond airs on The Hub too? Can anyone say, crossover ad?

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yes serris I knew that for a long time now. You just knew about The Hub showing Batman Beyond?

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I hope for a Scootaloo episode.

For songs I wish there will be country, opera and ballad or an off screen pop song.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah for the most part the songs have been sorta Pop like I thought. Very calm but good music.

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
Season 1 - Very cutesy with a child-like demeanor to it. Signs of the Brony Fandom come late in the series and are very minimal. Season 1 is the most innocent season so far.

Season 2 - Integration of Pop Culture and Brony Fandom are on the rise. The innocence is still there but is mixing in with the references (Not to say that there weren't any in Season 1 though). While still retaining innocence, it is starting to be less like a child and more like a man.

Season 3 - Full integration of Brony Fandom comes around full swing. Fan Favorites such as Luna return with bigger plots explaining their past; Derpy Hooves comes back from the fires of Consecutive Meddling to have an entire episode dedicated to her; Trixie and Gilda come back to ask for forgiveness and explore their history; and the show goes deeper into love having an episode centered around Lyra Heartstrings and Bonbon. Series is also taking a darker turn. While still remaining cutesy and fluffy, they tackle bigger issues that sometimes even a Friendship Report can't solve.

The Movie - An epic story with an epic quest. Equestria is put on the bridge of death (again) and its up to the Mane 6 to repair what was damaged before things become permanently dead. Other side notes to be included are the spirits of Nighmare Moon, Discord, and the Windigoes team up together for a showdown with the ponies; all Alicorns in Equestria are taken away and locked up for safe keeping; the Diamond Dog's return and reason why they require many gems (Long story short, it's epic); Big Macintosh and Cheerilee finally proposing to each other; an all out war breaks out in Equestria; the Cutie Mark Crusaders finally find their Cutie Marks, and the Mane 6's friendship along the trip soon evolves into a six way 'Friendship with Additional Love and benefits'. Due to the surge of the Brony Fandom at this point, Hasbro's slick marketing to make it even appeal to even the deepest of haters, raving high-scoring reviews by the critics, and high DVD sales afterwards soon puts My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic as one of the most influential animated series of all time. It is tied up there with the Simpsons at this point.

Spin-Offs - Due to Hasbro's great influx of money and wealth from the Friendship is Magic series, they decide to exploit (In a good way) the rise to stardom. They even go for the darkest and edgiest approach possible to draw in more crowds To help combat TV's hour long critically acclaimed series, such as House, Breaking Bad, and The Walking Dead, Hasbro funds to make the widely praised and well know fanfiction, Fallout Equestria, into an hour long program that will run on AMC, directly competing with the other big shots. It is well praised for its fantastic animation, gritty and taboo subject matters of something so childish handled like an adult done extremely well, and being very faithful to the story while being an amazing TV series adaptation. Past Sins also receives this treatment in the form of a two-parter movie. The ponies also get themselves an RPG video game developed by Bethesda Game Studios and even an FPS done by Valve. Both were critically acclaimed and sold well, and with the latter being Valve, a HUGE surge of Source Engine ponies coming about.

The History of Friendship is Magic is amazing, isn't it?