The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I ask everybody here to take a step back and not allow for any tempers to boil high to the point where it would make any staff intervention necessary. Matters are currently discussed in the staff room.

As for one member "threatening" another, I do not see the mention of the option to report actions to the staff as an intollerable kind of "threat", the much the more as many people have reported actions in the past without previously announcing this possibility.
Indeed the posting of links rather than images from a certain size upwards is an option that ought to be taken into account.
The question to you Campion, why you are bothering so much about this when you so often declared your dislike of the franchise however is quite legitimate.
Views on this franchise are very split apparently, but from personal experience I know that it is very easy for anyone who is not interested to just stay out of this thread.
I appeal to everyone to live and let live and not try to start a fuss where there is no cause.
I appreciate your moderating input Kacie :)

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Would my comments have any more legibility if I did actually like MLP? Again, I'm not focusing on the performance on my computer for what I say. I have the patience to enter and post in the topic after all. What I find ridiculous is the pointless, massive images and GIFs posted in frequent quantity without any care or anything else to contribute conversation to the thread. Surly that's something to look into

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
May I ask why you care or why you're on this topic to begin with?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Quote from: Campion1,May 7 2012 on  02:09 PM
Would my comments have any more legibility if I did actually like MLP? Again, I'm not focusing on the performance on my computer for what I say. I have the patience to enter and post in the topic after all. What I find ridiculous is the pointless, massive images and GIFs posted in frequent quantity without any care or anything else to contribute conversation to the thread. Surly that's something to look into
This isn't a news thread, nor is this forum http://www.chicagotribune.com.  This topic is meant for fun and talking about the series.  Images are essential because text is oftentimes very boring.  And making EVERYONE ELSE click on every single link to see each picture is unreasonable just because one person that HATES THE SERIES ANYWAYS has to wait a longer time to view the thread.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: Malte279,May 7 2012 on  02:01 PM
I appreciate your moderating input Kacie :)
You're welcome. :)

I admit I don't know what result will come out of this. Perhaps the Rock Circle thread should be revived for further discussion.

Both solutions I mentioned, the image blocker and posting links, are both equally viable solutions. But if I had to make a suggestion based on what I saw as the "good of the forum", one that may help newcomers feel more comfortable, is to post links. I have a fast internet and I admit there are times, when in this thread, I would get sick and tired of all the large (not as in download size) pictures loading up.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess the other option, which I'm sure many would not like, would be to have 1 thread for images and another for text only or text and tiny images.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I don't mind the images at all, myself. I'm easily able to scroll down to the posts, so I don't see the problem, but whatev.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I don't mind them.  My connection is fast enough to load the images at a decent or pretty fast speed.  Though I assume some folks still have dial up or speeds like that.

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
EDIT:

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm moving on with my life in this thread.

Epic Wub Time

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So, how many times was "pony" said throughout Season 2?  Keeping count with this video might help. (Unless you go crazy from hearing "pony" so much. :P: )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6BDvfgRF4s

I lost count 70 seconds in.  Can anyone do better?

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile

Princess Cadence went from cute and cuddly and is starting to tread into creepy ville...  :huh:

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
Any of you watch the television show My Little Human? I really like the cast they chose. For example, they have Twilight Sparkle as the voice of Tara Strong. And to think they said that the show was for little fillies.

PS: Tara, y u mean to me  :cry

I'm going to cry myself to sleep.
PS: Yes, I know she's trolling guys ;-)

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Bongo,May 11 2012 on  12:03 AM
Any of you watch the television show My Little Human? I really like the cast they chose. For example, they have Twilight Sparkle as the voice of Tara Strong. And to think they said that the show was for little fillies.

I watch it every Saturday!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Check it out!  A fanfiction where Sweetie Belle pulls the ultimate prank on her sister.

You don't like this, you have no sense of humor.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/25460/Rari...7s-Bad-Mane-Day

Seriously, this is good. :)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I have to say this. I am officially jealous of kids young enough to be kids when the first episode premiered. I mean, I love this show, but man if I don't wish I could have been twenty years younger when it came into my life. I would have been absolutely mesmerized by it.

Man, loving this show with the added bonus that it would someday be nostalgic would be awesome. That's the funny thing about nostalgia. Sometimes the things you loved as a child turn out to be crap when looking at them from an adult perspective, but you still love them because of how happy they made you once upon time. It's a special thing to find an old movie or TV show that stands the test of time. This is going to be something that kids now will watch with their kids later.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
& the way dvd's last a long time some of then can show the show from the actual dvd's they use to watch when they were kids.