The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Insane Cafe 4: The Insane Frontier

Nick22 · 5629 · 287549

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
As Captain Carson had neglected to hold her breath or close her eyes when traveling via Floo as was recommended, she ended up getting a face full of soot. She took a tissue out of her pocket and blew her nose. "Well, that was something I'd rather not repeat," she said.

Ms. Swimmer fared slightly better, her oversized robe and hood giving her a degree of protection from the soot. "Same here," she added.

Crux Regis was relatively busy at this time with passengers and businesspeople boarding and exiting modern subway trains.

Captain Carson said nothing but remained observant. She was acutely aware of the normally dressed people giving her group strange looks; she just wasn't sure if it was due to their odd clothing or if they could see the inhuman features of Ms. Swimmer, Spyro and Cynder.

A helpful sign pointed the way to Platform Nine. They passed by a kiosk selling all sorts of sundry items like newspapers and snacks.

Platform Nine was not as busy as the other platforms. Indeed, with the kiosks present selling various knicknacks and buskers, it appeared that this platform was more popular with tourists. A quick check on an electronic board confirmed it with the trains stopping at various tourist destinations in and around Londinium.

"Okay, we look for that woman with the pink necklace and brooch," Captain Carson said.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
 Both Spyro's , both Cynders. ember, Dulcy, and Samia followed the wizard , taking in the tourist stalls and trying to look inconspicuous as possible. ' I have to ask again' ruskin piped up. ' Why do I have to wear this?'  " because they don;t like dragons here ' Stripetail said. " this isnt like your home world of Wrenly. No, displays of magic, everyone."  gabumon and Gabuna finally sportted a woman wearing a large pink broach and necklace.' I think thats her ' Gabuna pointe out, ' Let's go see what she has to say."
 _
 Zoai, go put that in Aisle 13. Do we be quick. we have guests..'
 the older cat turned and smiled aas Flash peered over the counter ' Praise Be to Ozai! Welcome to my shop.  my Name is Mawa, and you will find no better collection of our king than in here. Do, forgive the dust, my daughter Zoai and I are moving things around, as you can see, we havent completely finished organizing the ozai history board games. ' I'm Flash' Flash beamed ' I think Ozai is awesome, but my dad doesnt really agree." Well my dear, you've come to the right place.' Mawa smiled ' " come on Flash' mona said. ' we ned to pick out what stuff you want. You want this green and red ozai plush, right? Mom gave me 3000 gold, so we need to limit it to say.. 5 things." tHe two wolf cubs went down the aisles looking at all the ozai themed merchandise, of which thee was, at minimum, thousands.'  for flash, it was literalkly like being in a candy store " OHh. can we get the sumno castle set" Flash;s eyes widened. ' theres 4 different sets '  Zoai said. as she pushed toys onto a shelf. ' theres fire ozai, mountain ozai, tournament oZai and Ozai of legends. That fourth one is the rarest one we have, becaise the entire set is made up of gold.. literal gold. like go to a pawn shop and make a mint- level quality. goes without saying, that that is the most expansive.  Also, girls, store rule: No bad talking Ozai. Period. Otherwise, you'll get sat on , by me." Zoaui said in a form voice ' ' ozai's awesome ' MIna said quickly. ' No worries on that sure i'm a huge ozai fangirl' Flash smirked. ' But are you a bigger fan than me ' Zoai smirked "  How many times has ozai lost a match?' 3 times, the last time was 87 years ago, and two of them were via trip.' Flash said. " A small smile spread across zoai's face. " good.. good. what was the dance craze that Ozai started in his 150th year  celebration?'  The mawashii wave, which involves three pelvic thusts, first 3 to the left, then three to the right, followed by a booty shake that lasts 5 full minutes. doesnt count if you stop ' Flash said. " true or false, did Ozai once win a sumo match using only his feet?' True, in year 9, 756, against a  Weasel god from the Weasel Sumo world Whiskeera. " That god had boasted he would beat ozai.. he was wrong.."  Sorry to interrupt , girls, but I'm looking for the  Ozai bouncy ball pit .' Mona asked  That would be aisle 6.. we have blue balls, green balls and pink balls, and have purple, orange and red balls on order. ' Zoai said.  " thanks, I'll take the pink balls. " Mona said. ' at leastmix some blue balls in there, otherwise you look like barbie after a college bender>' Zoai. ' Not a fan of pink?' Mona shrugged ' Too girly. ' Zoai said ' Give me some masculine stuff , like blue or red. Blame dad if you want, for teaching me colors and how to drive. " You can drive?' Flash said ' Oh.. can you drive us around town? We'll pay .. like a cabbie or something..' I'd need to get the ok from dad.. We're usually busy, either here or at the shrine..'  We'll buy you.. er.. frioes.. ' Fries? Thats ac side dish.., get me that triple decker meat burger from the Burger Tower and you've got a ride ' Zoai said.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"That's one of the Mawashiian restaurants, right?" Ollie figured.

"Correct," Zoai nodded, "King Ozai attended the grand opening of the franchise 10 years ago, and the food got his personal recommendation."

"You work at a shrine, too?" Mona realized, "What does that entail?"

Kovu showed Kiara and Sima the documentary about Scar that had been produced. "It's my life dream to be the next Scar," Kovu explained to Sima, "I follow in his pawprints any way I can." He gave her big belly a rubbing.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Captain Carson approached the woman, trying to make it look like she was trying to pass by the woman to catch a train. As she passed by the woman, the captain felt something pressed against her hand. She looked up and the woman had melted into the crowd. Scratching her head, she looked at the item she was passed.

It was a simple wadded up piece of paper. She then returned to the group and using their bodies to keep prying eyes away, she unfolded it. Written on it in what appeared to be a shimmering black ink was the phrase "Platform Nine and Three Quarters."

"This is all the woman handed me. She said nothing and disappeared," Captain Carson said. "But where is this strange platform?"

"Maybe there's a secret entrance like back at the Inglorious Hotel?" Ms. Swimmer offered.

"The equipment we use to find ore deposits would definitely suss out any secret entrance. But it's back at the ship and more importantly, there's no way to use it discreetly." She then turned to the group. "Lord Stripetail, Spyro, Cynder, what do you propose?"

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
 its a pltform for magical beings.. theres no 9 3/4ths visible..' Stripetail said. platform 10 is over there' Spyrao said.. ' We'e at platform 9 perhaps we loook for something at the 3-4ths spot?"  " My  foot claws are starting to hurt."Ember chimed in. '  stripetail pulled out a small bag of mints from his robes  ' i had laval whip these up for me. these are winternight mints . they magically suppress pain, in fingers , toes claws, and so on. just suck on one until its gone and you should be pain free for several hours.'  Ember took a mint and popped it into her mouth . ' could i have one?' Gabuna asked. ' certainly, my dear  ' Stripetal said and let her grab one . Samia and Dulcy took one as well.One by one, anyone who wanted a mint took one and Stripetail put it away. " Follow me everyone." He said as they approached a spot exactly three fourths between Platform 9 and 10, it appeared to be a simple brick archway. As Stripetail approached the archway, he was passed by a young boy student pushing a large suitcase with a large owl perched on top . As the child headed straight for the archway, Stripetail began reaching into his robes for his wand , but as he drew it out the kid hit the wall and vanished. Stripetail chuckled" Well everyone, its a well disguised portal. Follow that child and see what is on the other side."
-
It requires tending and cleaning the shrine, and having veneration ceremonies every so often. Think like the Bowing Hour, but without the direct connection to Master Ozai ." Zoai said." We head there after the shop closes for the day. So you could say that my dad and I put in a full days work."
« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 01:46:27 AM by Nick22 »
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"So a lot of your life must be Ozai stuff, huh?" Ollie smirked to Zaoi. "Be it his merchandise, or bowing and praying to him, you are all about your king." He grabbed a few Ozai video games for console and put them in the shopping cart.

Jing texted Po the time and place of their date reservation. "See you soon, sweetheart," she wrote, complete with a smiling emoticon. "I can't wait....my first official date with Po, tonight," Jing grinned to her fiancé's friends.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Captain Carson looked around and tried to follow the boy through. To her surprise, she stepped into another platform in Crux Regis. A sign overhead read "Platform Nine and Three Quarters".

"Well, color me surprised," she muttered. All around her were witches and wizards of varying ages.

She took a look at her note and to her surprise, the note now read "Hogwarts Express". The woman looked around. The platform had the same style of shops selling various items but they were of a more...esoteric nature. Things like small travel size pepperup potions, chocolate frogs and the like.

Her heart skipped a beat as she saw some men and women in the signature Auror's robes patrolling. Thankfully, they hadn't caught onto her group's disguise.

It was then that someone got up and left a newspaper on a bench. Immediately aware of its value for intelligence, she picked it up.

"Lord Stripetail, I think we may be onto something," she said, showing the paper to the him. The paper was an issue of The Daily Prophet with a headline talking about the Hogwarts students club, Society Against Magical Abuse of Muggles (SAMAM).

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hogwarts school ' Stripetail mused ' we need to board that train. it should give us time to come up with a cover story. I mean we can't very well tell them we are off world mages and nonmages looking for sanctuary from their own Ministry , now can we?  That would strain credulity. But.. if we were to tell them that we were an magical exchange student group- with  chaperones and teachers , of course- that would be far more believable..' But how do we explain the dragons, Digimon, and well, us?' Dixie asked. " Part of the exchange group. You can be a teacher or a chaperone Dixie. pick a role, my dear." So I'm a student" Skylands said.  " as are Ruskin, Cinder, and Young Spyro. 'Stripetail nodded We can be Students from Vesuvio Academy '  Samia chimed in ' Senior exchange trip.  " Yes. Vesuvio, Crestwood and Skylands. ' stripetail  smiled wryly. ' Digimon Academy is a real place '  Gabuna said.. 'My grades werent. er that great, but they don;t need to know the details..  its a cultural exchange right ?'
We need to buy tickets ' Gabumon pointed out. "
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Laval continued exploring the library. Books flew around, and he was forced to duck more than once " This is more Eris' thing than mine " the Chima prince said to the image of Ozai" I'm more of an action guy than a book guy." Pick up a book and see what's in it." Ozai suggested"  " They can show past, present, sometimes future."  Laval got whacked in the head in a blue book and was sent sprawling." The book came to rest next to him " Mind Journey" Laval paused and opened the book." What do you want to see?" Read a page " hmm . Friends." Laval said and the page changed. First to show up was Eris, his first friend and biggest confidant, next came Crooler, the alligator that was once inseparable with him, then turned against him, now they were friends again. Li Ella was next, showing them riding their speeders together. Finally, Kopa showed up and Laval watched them eat a large steak at Winterville and share a laugh" He's a great guy" Laval said " Yes he is. You are lucky to have him as a friend." Ozai said."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Should maybe we go check up on my brother and your sister now?" Vitani chuckled to Kopa, "That was a pleasant experience, I will admit. Ozai is rather nice."

"Now Viper, what should I wear on my date with Po?" Jing asked. She knew the reptilian member of the Furious Five was a known romantic, and would have good advice in this category. "What asset should I emphasize? And trust me, if Po wants something revealing on my part, I can go with that."

"Mind if we follow you and your dad back to the shrine?" Ollie asked Zaoi, "It would be interesting to see the life of someone who lives in a place of worship." As they spoke, Mona bought an Ozai fountain pen box.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
 Very well " Zoai said." We'll show you the basics, we won't have time to show you much more than that today, we've got deliveries coming in and I have to stock them. Usually takes several hours, even if I know where everything is. If I had some help it would go quicker..but that's my problem." Zoai said as she guided Flash Mona and Ollie around the store
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Could I get your autograph, King Ozai?" Oliver asked, "I have a friend who's a big fan of yours, and she'd really appreciate it." The kitten was more and more excited to learn of his demigod status, and all the power he'd have access to. The thought of getting to eat the Dobermans who had tormented him was tantalizing.

"You should wear something that appeals to Po's appetite," Viper told Jing, "You know about the way to a man's heart...."

Jing instantly had an idea of what that could be. "The red cookie dress, right?" she grinned, "My Po will be drooling all over me...."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
panda king approached po who was looking at a collection of action figures from across polaris. ' ' hello, po. glad to see that you are out of tghe hospital. however, we do need to have a chat. as soon to be son-in-law and father-in-law respectively. " panda king pulled out a big knapsack. ' look , she smothering me sir. i'm not big into ' lovey-dovery stuff' po said ' i picked you for a reason Po. you will be richly rewarded...'  panda sighed ' look, my daughter is very taken with you,  so taken she;s posted copies of your high school yearbook picture online..  What were you thinking with that outfit? it looked like something a biker gang would wear.' my dad wasnt rich, never has been. ' All that is about to change, po. 'Panda king said  ' i'm sorry sir, this.. has just been a rush.. ' you havent even gone out on one date with her!  besides she saved you.. she could have left you to die of your injuries in that temple.. and rescued me alone. But thats not jing. besides  the place you're going to tonight has excellent pizza. Big,  foldable chewy slices, stuffed crusts, and excellent pasta sides. i was there just last week. nearly broke my chair from eating all that food.  Plenty of food and time to get to know each other.. ' do i have to kiss her at the end of the date?'PO asked  of course, whether you use tongue, is up to you..  just let your.. er fur hang out ' Panda king  said ' enjoy yourself. ' you have at least 10 more of these dates to go, after tonight. '   here ' panda had him about 10000 dollars ' go get flowers and chocolate for jing .. A;so, my girls loves those samoa cookies , you know the ones with coconut? i have to hide them whenever i get them, otherwise they'll be gone in a few minutes. its one of her guilty pleasures. Buy a few boxes of those. and um.. call her a term of endearment, like' dear' or honey' or sweetie" ' like Fiance? ' Po said. ' even better.' she'll appreciate whatever you call her..  Go, now,. get those things and enjoy yourself..   po picked up the cash, and put it all in his pocket and headed off to the store ' 
-
 Certainly .' Ozai said [pulling out a large pen. " Is this, for Flash, mona or ollie? Yes I know your friends, on Mawashii , I'm close to omniscient  . " Thats " all-knowing:  if you don't like biog words. ' Ozai chuckled. i'll sign for all 3, just hand me somethng to sign. " Ozai chuckled.
_
 po soon  bought a cartful of snacks for himself and Jing and was turning towards the counter when he bumped into a cart being pushed by- Jing. " Er Hi JIng. my. er whats the word..  Engaged?/ No not not it.. girlfriend? No,thats not it weither..  you know that word that  says " I'm engageed ' You mean Fiance?' Jing smiled broadly.' That sounjds about right , yeah ' Po said..
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 07:28:10 PM by Nick22 »
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Let's go with all-knowing," Oliver said to Ozai, "And it's for Flash. Out of all the people I know who weren't originally from your world, she's the biggest fan of yours I know." Oliver and Tiger enjoyed the meals that were prepared for the gods. Panty was naturally hungry, and her plate was filled exclusively with meat-dishes.

Jing's eyes shined with joy and her smile widened even wider than her stomach when she heard Po finally acknowledge her as his fiance. She wrapped her paws around Po and hugged him tight. "Oh, Po! You make me so happy, thank you, thank you, thank you!" She began kissing him all over his face, and since she recently applied lipstick it left obvious marks on the Dragon Warrior's face. He truly made her feel so good. She rubbed his belly in appreciation. Before Jing could say more, her phone began to ring, and she saw it was her dad. "Yes father?" she said as she answered. She was soon given news that made her face light up even further, and she put her father on speaker.

(Edit: My 13000th post!)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 08:03:36 PM by brekclub85 »

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hello dear . I'm moving up your wedding day, depending on how well your date with Po goes. It should be no later than 9 months, but probably 6 months. Earlier, if it goes well. It was a year, but Po has been dragging his feet. Should have taken her out more, my boy " Panda King chuckled." Po wiped his face clean of Jing's kisses" Im getting her some things, sir."  Good, good. Good to hear it. Better start looking for a tux too. Given your girth, it's probably going to be a XXXXXXXXXXL, yes that's 10 Xs. I have a catering place picked out, their food is excellent
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Thank you father," Jing said appreciatively, "Oh Po, we'll be together forever even sooner now!" She gave him a big hug so he wouldn't have to wipe off more lipstick marks. "You'll look very handsome in a tux, if I do say so myself. And I've made our date reservation, let's go eat, shall we?"

"So what do you think?" Kovu asked Sima as they were nearing the end of the Scar documentary. "This is something very important to me."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
 as PO walked out of the  store , he ran into Tiger and Tigerss the wolves. ' hope you brought your appetite po ' Tigeress chuckled. ' because Tiger is going to challenge you to a pizza eating contest.. ' Jing., no trying to cheat. you'll lose girlie points otherwise .' Tigeress chuckled. " No cheating, I promise.. Well, my boyo here can eat triple spice hot sauce..' Jing said. ' wait .. triple spice.. ?' Po started. ' thats really hot stuff..' he said ' Are you talking about the sauce, or me?' jing grinned. ' You left a big opening there po ' tiger said ' we got some meat to add to the pizzas. either of you like bacon?' I could try some , I guess PO said."
_
 the four of them reached the pizza place a half hour before their reservation and took a booth overlooking a large lake. a appetizer pizza was brought out for  them, and jing produced a bottle of wine for the four of them to drink ' from Haonon province ' she said ' Mid-Winter vintage. ' I don;t drink wine, normally. " Po said " My dad would have wine to celebrate occasions, and i felt that since this is our first date , that we should mark the occasion. aa nice wine, but not too expensive. 'Jing said  I could go for a glass' Tiger said and jing poured him  a glass .
_
 so, who watching flash for you guys?' Po asked as he took a slice ' Luca, of course.' Tigeress chuckled.  " we just wanted to help you guys get off on the right foot. Hot foot or otherwise. We could just stick matches between your toes Po , you know.' ' But I cant exactly do my best kung fu with burned feet."  Anyway , since this is about getting Po-olly boy over there out of his comfort zone.. why don;t we pass the time, with a story-telling bit.' Tiger said ' ladies first. miss Jing, since you're the bride-to be, you start us first. ' Tiger said ' ok.. let me think.. ah. I have it. now I told Tigeress about this story already, so no spoilers Tigeress. Well, a previous engagement of mine, was to a rooster named Tsao. I.. didn;t have a say in the matter, and he and his guards.. well they treated me like something stuck to your foot. Its as a bad as it sounds. They held me prisoner, and my dad was crushed. so crushed he went into isolation over his failure to protect me. Fortunately, Sly and his friends managed to get me out of that pickle, and I got some sweet measure of revenge of on . general taso' Jing held up a picture of taso , bound gagged and lying in a closet. ' we debated on whether we should fry or grill him. ' Jing said '  ' we ended up just putting him in prison, missing about half his feathers." i would have roasted him ' tiger said ' tiger shoots from his horns first and asks questions.. actually he doesnt ask questions.' Tigeress said. " so he;s a bit one note there, but i've gotten used it. '  anyway, pO, you're next' Tiger said as a large stuffed crust pizza arrived and the wolved put meat on half of it. ' i'm not that great a storyteller, well off the cuff ' Po said. " I do have a joke. "  You're stuck in a noddle factory  in a room full of fresh noodles.  how do know you';re a fat panda? '  ' youb complain about the portions?' Tigeress asked '  You ask for more sauce?' Tiger asked. ' " You take pictures of yourself eating the noodles ' Jing said ' All good guesses, but no. You know you're a fat pandsa when you ask " where are the dumplings?' Po chuckled and the 3 others laughed. " good one, I've got one. " why was the fat panda ina bad genie?'  Because he refused to grant wishes?' Po guessed. "  he required  his name be said first before each wish ?' tigeress said.  ' He only granted food wishes?' Tiger said ' Nope. ' He was a bad genie because he just wanted his lamp rubbed ' Jing giggled.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
At the meetup of the gods, Kitty looked up at Tarrax and Ozai. "Say, I know I'm not a divine one like the rest of you, but am I allowed to walk around here?" she asked the two established gods. She could see that everyone here, no matter the species, looked impressive and had auras of incredible power. She felt puny by comparison, in ways besides the fact that several of the gods and goddesses were easily over 4 times her size.

"If this is just a store, how big is your own personal Ozai collection?" Ollie asked Zaoi, "Cause I can guess your father named you by rearranging the letters of his name."

Zaoi smirked with pride. "Indeed he did," she confirmed. "He taught me how to sumo and how to eat like the best of them."

"You have a great sense of humor Po," Jing said appreciatively, rubbing his big belly. "I like that in a man." She looked back to the wolves. "I'm sure my dad will make Tsao into fried chicken if that jerk ever escapes," she grinned deviously. "But now my beloved Po is in my life, and he'll always protect me, and I'll cook for him, and protect him in turn." She then handed the Dragon Warrior a list of various recipes she was an expert at making. She took a bite of pizza as she saw Po drool.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Unfortunately, tickets for the Hogwarts Express were not sold as the invitation letter sent to prospective students also pulled double duty as the ticket. Captain Carson looked around and noticed that no one was selling tickets nor did she see any ticket machines. "We'll have to try something else, Gabumon," she whispered. "It doesn't look like they use tickets."

"What now, do we sneak aboard?" Ms. Swimmer asked.

"I'd prefer less...troublesome methods first." The woman looked at Stripetail to see if he'd weigh in on the conundrum.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
We'll need to think of something." Ruskin said. " We can't just hang out here. . "
Check the note that Pinkstone person gave you Capitan." Stripetail mused" Perhaps there's some more magical writing on there that we missed. After all, the note led us here, and changed once we were here."
We could walk to the school and say that we missed the train." Skylands said and Dulcy shot her a look." You have any idea how long that would take us, Cynder? Several hours, minimum. Days, most likely. My feet would be killing me long before we got there. Remember, this is a very anti-dragon place, so flying is out."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: