The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT Song Project: Things Change

action9000 · 255 · 19081

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
gotta love them flats  .
heh heh heh  :lol  :lol I remember fighting with that problem when I was writing the full score into the mp3. :P:   The EbM/AbM stuff isn't so bad once you get used to it. ;)

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hmmm....Right!  Shouldn't be too hard to get now.  Once I hear the song a few times, I'll be able to play it.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The EbM/AbM stuff isn't so bad once you get used to it.
I shouldn't have too big of deal with it, i'm currently playing a song in the college orchestra thats in E flat Major, so i have it fesh in my mind. Whats worse is trying to sight read a song that has 6 flats :lol . I can tell you right now that it never turned out to well.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Whats worse is trying to sight read a song that has 6 flats .
I sincerely agree. :lol  :lol:

At least Things Change isn't in some weird time signature.  I had to play a piece in grade 10 that alternated between 7/8 and 8/8 time every measure...That took a little getting used to, back in the day! :P:

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
ouch, i'm happy to say that i have never had to experienced that yet :DD . That would definately take me a while to get accustomed to that. Heck, i even have trouble when it switches to cut time.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Something I should point out to anyone who downloads the sheet music:
There are 5 cosmetic errors I made on it, which I didn't catch at the time because I was up too late working on it :p  I'll fix these right away and I'll have the new sheet music posted up within a few minutes.

1) In the first measure, the time signature is written in before the key signature.  That should be reversed, by convention.

2) A couple of notes (see the held note in measure 3, for example) are written too long.  The note probably shouldn't be held quite as long as dictated on the manuscript.

3) Measure 38 should have a double bar line before the key change, making it easier to see.

4)Measure 46 should also have a double bar line for the same reason.

5) The quarter note in measure 63 should be a dotted half note.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Okay, here's the update :)
Sorry about that!  How unprofessional of me. :lol:  :lol

http://www.driveway.com/khkdv38658

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
don't worry about it, i haven't really practiced yet anyway as i had to go play at the college for the majority of the evening.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
i haven't really practiced yet anyway as i had to go play at the college for the majority of the evening.
17 years old and playing in a college orchestra here in Alberta...impressive. B)  :wow
I was only playing in my high school symphonic band at that age. :p

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I have Austin's (lbtlovers) recordings Tim.  I'll give them a listen and go from there.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I have Austin's (lbtlovers) recordings Tim. I'll give them a listen and go from there.
*nods*

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
17 years old and playing in a college orchestra here in Alberta...impressive. 
I was only playing in my high school symphonic band at that age.
No, its not that impressive actually. If you want to hear the whole story. The college orchestra is pretty much just a bunch of people that gather and play, though they do play harder music then High School. My teacher was asking if anyone wanted to play, and i joined up. We need the people too. We only have 3 violinists, including me, on first section, 2 people on the second section. Maybe one violist, 3 cellist, and 1 bassist.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
i finally got some recordings done and sent them to Petrie. I'll probably send some more after with a bit more practice and do some udjustments to get rid of the unwanted sounds.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
though they do play harder music then High School. My teacher was asking if anyone wanted to play, and i joined up. We need the people too.
Sounds a little bit of my high school actually.  We had two bands at my old high school: the concert band and the symphonic band.  The concert band plays "normal" difficulty high school band music, whereas the symphonic band player higher-level music and demanded more ability to keep up.  The symphonic band at my high school is perhaps fairly equivalent to what you're doing then.
That's very cool. :yes  I remember being 2nd trumpet in the symphonic band.  Ahh, good times. ;)

finally got some recordings done and sent them to Petrie. I'll probably send some more after with a bit more practice and do some udjustments to get rid of the unwanted sounds.
Good news :) No rush on getting recordings out, everyone.  The deadline won't be until after January 12th for sure.  I have a lot of work to do on other projects until then.  I'll keep you all posted on the deadline but it will be AFTER January 12th.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
Well, I finally got a recording from Guido and send it to Petrie. If it¥s possible in any way to put him anyway in the song, that would be very nice. And please take care about him, his english isn¥t very good. ;)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Littlefoot1616: Any luck getting ahold of a microphone or will we need to move on without you?

Also, I haven't been sent any recordings/updates from anyone in quite some time.  I will be placing the submittion deadline up now:
JANUARY 31st, 2008.