The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My Mom's Dental Problems

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, me and my Mom just got back from the dentist.

My results showed that I just need a filling replacement.  Nothing too big.  I'll be in and out in no time. :)

However, my Mom has the major problem.  She felt a bump in her gumline and it turns out that she has a real problem.  She's either going to need a root canal at the least or even a complete extraction of the tooth at the worst. :(

She's in SO much pain right now that she's crying.  My Dad is comforting her, but the bottom line is that it's really hurting for her.

We both have our appointments by this upcoming Tuesday.  We're both hoping to get it done and over with as quickly as possible, especially my Mom.

Wish us both luck.  We're all going to be hurting in one way or another for the next few days. :(

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I hope things go well for your mother and she doesn't suffer much and quickly recovers.  

Not sure if you'll feel any pain after a tooth filling.  I had my silver (whatever the metal is called they used back in the 70's) taken out and refilled with the ceramic stuff a few years back since the silver fillings had started to crack with bits of decay (not bad for 30 year old fillings I'd say).  I felt no pain before or after the procedure as I recall.  They'll remove the decayed tooth part and I'd guess use the white ceramic stuff to refill it so your recovery should be pretty fast.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Good luck at the dentist.. your mother may have to have a crown put in, it happebns, when your teeth get knocked out..or in this case, pulled..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I had a filling I had received as a kid replaced last week 'cuz it fractured.  It's not painful at all ;).  Hope your mother finds relief soon.

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
That sucks, I feel for ya'll. My dentist is horrible. I end up with a pain killer dependency after a visit to him. You know they're bad when you start dreaming about pills. And I never know what exactly he does because I can't understand a word he says. Your momma has my sympathies.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The Family Dentist and Family Orthodontist are actually quite good at their job.  In fact, they have their own Family Business going on and they're doing quite well with it, even in this hard time of money troubles.  So they can be trusted.

I usually don't have any pain when they are done with their procedures.  They take really good care of me.  The ONLY thing I really end up worrying about in the end is the bill I have to pay for when it's all over with. -_- (Insurance only ends up covering so much.)

Well, wish the best for my Mom and me.  It's going to be pain, pain, pain while we wait for our appointments. :(

platvoetje

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/monsterhunterkill
good luck, hope it doesn't hurt too much..
my dad once cryed too because of the pain.. the reason why was because his jaw was broken..

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Wish you the best.  I have to get a root canal this summer as well which I'm not looking forward to. :neutral

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I wish your mum all the best and that after the treatment her jaw will heal up quickly. It must be a real pain :unsure:

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, me and my Mom just got back from the dentist.  My tooth is as good as new!  A brand new white filling that looks just wonderful.  A little blood because it was a deep one, but nothing too bad.  I'll be able to eat solid food by this afternoon. :)

As for my Mom, things are okay.  The root of her tooth is history.  Yeah, sad fact. :( At least she got the main part of the root canal finished.  Still, she needs a new crown and everything.  Hopefully that will go by smoothly.

Now, if you don't mind, I'm in quite a bit of pain right now and I need to rest before work.

So, I'll see ya guys later. :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
At least things seem to be going well for both of you.  That is something.