The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Dil and Ichy: Former Friendly Sharpteeth?

Ruby2 · 3 · 1527

Ruby2

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I've been wondering that, and LAT appears to agree with me, owing to how he's apparently brought it up here before.

I mean, do you think that the fact that Ichy can talk in Leaf Eater and also referred to Littlefoot & Co as "animsals" was just pure coincidence, or coudl there be somethng darker in his past?

I mean, what if Ichy did somehow get raised by Flyers for years, eventually they tried to harm him and he killed in self-defense?  Before that, he'd have eaten fish and stuff.  

After the incident, he got a liking of Flattooth meat, but was getting PTSD from hunting Leaf EAters due to being able to understand them, has to dehumanize them by calling them "animals" to cope with it.

Perhaps something similar happened to Dil (or pheraps she just came to rely on Ichy due to her vision problems, though her Sharptooth pack may have abadoned her, and Ichy needed her due to his size problems and she learned Leaf Eater from him.)

At any rate, not only do we have a possible past scenario for Ichy, and perhaps Dil (seems more likely for Ichy to live with Flyers for years than for Dil to live with Leaf Eaters), but we might have a possible future for Chomper by looking at the two characters Dil and Ichy.

Chomper is going to suck at hunting if he puts if off for years and then something goes wrongly wrong or he caves one day and has to leave the Great Valley and his friends for good.

He probably won't bond with other Sharpteeth, and so may have to work with other outcast Sharpteeth to survive.  

Heck, it's possible that he might even team up with those two.  They'd have a lot more in common and his size would impress the other two.  And they could help him get Leaf Eaters.  

Also, considering that Chomper might get PTSD from going rogue, if he goes rogue, maybe they could help him cope with that too.   He seems too sensitive to be able to handle it on his own.

And maybe he could get Dil and Ichy to actually BE freinds instead of partners and so they'd be more efficient.  

Chomper might live in the Land of Mists, so he could be somewhat near the Great Valley, even if he might never be able to go back again.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile

DaveTheAnalyzer

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://davetheanalyzer.dreamwidth.org
Interesting theory. We don’t know anything about them, so it could go either way. Though I think with that kind of past, wouldn’t the pair have tried to lure the gang in by speaking in leaf eater and then chomp on them in surprise? Or something else manipulative to that effect? Granted, they don’t strike me as always the brightest. I kind of headcanoned their fluency was an attempt to get an advantage over their prey, though it mightn’t always help, since they must listen to mind-numbing gossip and badmouthing of meat eaters.

They do have a “can’t live with them, can’t live without them” kind of attitude about one another. Like two aphas forced to work together. I do have the sense that, if any severe injury happened to either of them, they would be very ticked off at the injurer and concerned about the injured. If anything worse happened, well…they would have a breakdown.