The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

School's Out!

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ptyra,May 8 2008 on  09:43 PM
* Ohio (YAY! I request the Columbus Zoo! FLUFFYYYY  :D )
Hey, i live in Ohio! :wow

And i'm actually going to Fort Rapids sometime during the Summer, and i can't wait for it. I don't quite know what it is, i've never been there before but i have a hint that it's got water in/near it. :lol

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
What I will do?

Playing "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" because the game comes finally on june to europe.  :D
That will be my major activity.
And then drawing many, many pictures. Finally finish the LBT comic, and work on my other project. That will take a while. >.<

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
...Aspergers?  What's that?  Oh well, have fun anyway...

Sounds like many of you will be having fun; I wish you all the best! :)
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: NeptuneNavigator2001,May 9 2008 on  01:19 PM
...Aspergers?  What's that?
Asperger's Syndrome is commonly called high-functioning autism.  It can vary in degree, but some folks(like myself) have a case so mild it is barely there.  It is a common syndrome, and is frequently mistaken for ADHD, Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia(especially in children), or Psychosis.  It was described by Austrian physician Hans Asperger back in the 1940s, but was not officially made diagnosable until 1995, the year after I had an eval done :angry:.  I did not know until I was nineteen.  There is no cognitive impairment, and in fact they tend to have above average IQ's.  Their main problem is socialization.  See, folks with Asperger's can't "read" gestures, vocal tone, puns, and other non-verbal ques.  Basically, we're blind to being able to interpret others' emotions and may even take them the wrong way.  They also have problems with motor skills(eye-hand coordination), pain sensation(I get my teeth worked on without novacane and feel no pain, yet can feel a fly land on me when I'm sleeping :blink:), temperature sensation(wearing tanktops outside in ten-degree conditions), other sensory problems(I have terribly sensitive hearing but somewhat bad vision), like routines and consistent schedules, have strong emotional reactions, tend to be very good-natured, and find they enjoy quiet settings and not parties.  In a nutshell, the trademark of a person with Asperger's is having a quirky nature.  Here's another tidbit: many, many folks with Asperger's tend to be obsessed about computers, dinosaurs, or both :p  :wow.  Believe me, they're everywhere :yes.  They just seem so "normal" that they blend into society quite well; they're just the ones labeled as eccentric, quirky, or weird.  When one thinks of the word "autism," they picture the basketcases of that disorder.  However, there is a broad spectrum of autistic disorders, the mildest being Asperger's Syndrome.  One in every one-hundred fifty people are born autistic, and from what I learned as many as sixteen per every one-hundred folks have Asperger's.  Like I said, it is mild and many have lived their lives having no idea they had or have it.  Who knows?  Chances are there are other members here who have it, or they know folks who have it.  It is very common indeed :yes.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
^ As a matter of fact quite a few of us have stated in earlier posts that they have some degree of autism or even Asperger's.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Which is why this sort of thing works great for us, ne?

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: StarfallRaptor,May 9 2008 on  10:24 PM
Which is why this sort of thing works great for us, ne?
Yeah, or at least to help us on our socialization :yes.

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Work Work and Work. I work at a movie theater so I think I'm gonna be working long and hard because so many people are off in the summer.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hmm... They tried to prove I had ADD, but they never could...  (Whoever they are.)  "They" also label me slightly autistic, but, I don't think that it's a disorder, and they can take their diagnosis and STUFF IT.  I just think that it's part of someone's characteristics...  Heck, people thought Albert Einstein was weird, but, they discovered that he had a very large brain...  Hmm...  As I recall, they tried to label my dad too...  But I won't accept any labels.
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess this shows for some the summer isn't one large party time.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: NeptuneNavigator2001,May 11 2008 on  01:23 AM
Hmm... They tried to prove I had ADD, but they never could...  (Whoever they are.)  "They" also label me slightly autistic, but, I don't think that it's a disorder, and they can take their diagnosis and STUFF IT.  I just think that it's part of someone's characteristics...  Heck, people thought Albert Einstein was weird, but, they discovered that he had a very large brain...  Hmm...  As I recall, they tried to label my dad too...  But I won't accept any labels.
I agree, NeptuneNavigator2001 :yes.  Every individual is unique, including any disorders they may have.  It's all a part of them, and for folks to be comfortable in their skin they must be able to embrace every characteristic of themselves.  It is, however, nice to know that(in this case Asperger's) there are many other folks out there dealing with the same thing.  Belonging to a group who share something in common is a good way to make friends and have a safe place to express yourself :^.^:.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
That is very true...  But, like I said, I don't think of myself in this light, because it is a labeling.  It's not nice to be labeled, that's how wars can start!  (Maybe not often, but it sure is a good way to throw kindling on the fire, boy...)

mcr mad

• Spike
    • View Profile
what the hell school an't over, i've got a whole term left, the worst part is my best mate jake has left :(  :(  :cry2 god im going to miss him, and he's gone to the worst school his devil of a step dad could seen him to churchfilds btw dont ban me for that cos if you meet him you would hate his guts, there my school swom enemies, there alway a fight between us and them but i dont ever get involed.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Let's see...

I'm doing summer school
I'm going to try to connect with old friends
See a few cousins that are a visiting for week or so
AND I am going to Ireland...
ALSO....I am going to start filling an application so I can get diagnosed to see if I really do have AS or something...:p I'm scared of what the results are going to be  :unsure:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Yep I'm free for about four days then I go start another job.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I've been working the whole time.  No recreation for me (well, except for this board :p ).  When I'm not working on other people's computers, I'm working on my own.  Still working on formatting my master.  I'm about 2% complete with the backup. -_-

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Jun 26 2008 on  05:22 PM
Yep I'm free for about four days then I go start another job.
Good luck on the new job.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Free after tuesday... * waits patiently *

I'm just sooo gooing to SLEEP :p

platvoetje

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/monsterhunterkill
on 11 o clock
i have vacation :D  :D  :D
finally! YEA! Viva La France!

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
What I like about summer is I can work/play without having to worry about when I should go to bed because of school.  I don't have a bed time or anything, but I don't want to get 2 hours of sleep and then have to go through school like that. :(