The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

About the latest version of the game

action9000 · 945 · 74750

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ah, sorry to hear that... I had no idea it would actually come to this, but I understand how difficult it must be having the whole workload on your shoulders. I'm currently pursuing a degree in game design so maybe some time down the road I could help you pick it back up? Just a thought.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'd be more than willing to post up the source code I have. It's about 17,000 lines long, however it is using a specific game-programming C++ library (DarkGDK), which will very likely be different from what you've been using.

That being said, if you're learning C++, all the knowledge will still apply.  The only difference will be, basically, the names of the functions.  All DarkGDK does is simplify the use of DirectX a bit, but it's still DirectX programming.  If you ever get into coding with DirectX directly, you'll officially be more advanced than me: I never saw a need to do that to myself. :p

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Damn.  I told myself I wouldn't get involved in this but....man that really sucks.  I'm almost tempted to take up this little project, but just like when this project was started I just don't have the time.  And although I'm fairly proficient at C++ I really don't like programming.  I'm really sad to see the project come to an end and I apologize that I'm unable to render my assistance in this matter. :(

BigMouth

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://huntingthepast.blogspot.com/
That sucks, looked like it would've been a fun game!  I wish I knew more about game programming then I would take it up myself.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That's ok, things happen, and it is really a huge undertaking if one thinks about it.

Just be sure to archive it well in case either you decide you have the time and means to go back to it or someone else wants to take it over and the code could give them a starting point.