The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Darwin's Soldiers: Disruptive Selection

Serris · 5385 · 224124

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Aimee smiled and hugged him back. "Perhaps we can reconnect with the others later. For now I just want to be with you. Run away with you..."

She led him through the empty ship. Locating an open-able porthole, she slipped into the surf. From here they could skirt around the shipyard to parts unknown without anyone seeing them. Treading water, she beckoned Cale with a glint in her eye.

---------------------------------

Zyanya emerged onto the dry land and noticed Nixx, who was scouting ahead.

"Well, let's get a move-on," said Sharon. "Are we all--?" she was interrupted when Gustave stomped off the gangplank fuming. Large dents formed where his feet pressed.

"You'll wake the whole city! What's your problem?" Neville exclaimed, alarmed.

"Women," Gustave growled. "F***ing impossible!"

"I hear you," Shelton agreed idly, still observing the scenery and not noticing who he had just spoken to.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Cale smirked, slipping out of the porthole after her, landing in the water and smiling at her.  
"Well, looks like we're gonna have to get out of these clothes once we get to land, hmm~?"
He teased...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Aisha and landon reached land with the others, staring out at the citys skyline. roux came up to nixx. ' scouting ahead? she smiled ' jjust so you know I get the tv remote tonight' she grinned.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Her eyes flashed mischievously. "These never really fit me anyway," she grinned.

After they reached the shore she made good on her word, leaving the outfit in a wet pile on the ground.

She glanced around. Beyond the shipyard was a dark woods. "It's funny...when I met you all, got involved with this whole thing...it started when I was running through unfamiliar woods. guess I'm going off to start something new. But this time not alone," she smiled.

----------------------------

"You earned it," she nodded. "I didn't expect to have hogged it the whole night. I just thought he would have shown up any minute."

She took a deep breath. "Perhaps I'm taking things too quickly. Get settled first, then start thinking of romance. There are plenty of fish in the sea."

She smiled at Aisha. "And fishettes, if you know what I mean."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
well girl i'm open to you, if you are interested in me' Aisha smirked. ' a threeway sounds like fun..' 'i'd be up for that' roux grinned.. ' of course settling down is what we'll be doing after this, getting used to aishas place, meeting her dad- who is a pretty important guy from wghat Aisha says, and getting into a routine, like shopping, watching flicks and doing chores around the house"
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Neville looked around the shipyard. There were no cars to be seen.

"Now how do we get to where we're supposed to be? I.E. across the country!" Spc. Crota exclaimed.

"Well, Newark Liberty's nearby. We could just take a flight to where we need to go," Dr. Kerzach said.

"What about me?" Gustave demanded. "I can't board any commercial flight because I'll break the seats!"

"Don't forget security," Zachary replied.

"I don't have a problem with dismembering a TSA agent who gets too touchy-feely."

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"We could just call the police," Shelton suggested simply. "Not like we're actually going to get out of this without talking to them eventually. And who cares if we're arrested; the job is done. They can do what they like with us."

Sharon glanced at James. She wasn't sure about that plan, but she'd defer to James' judgment. He was the leader, after all.

Nixx grinned. "Sounds impossibly boring, but perhaps I just have to learn. At least I've got two good friends to show me the ropes."

(OOC: nick & Serris, this might be a good time for some sort of government contact to show up, maybe Donald Tennes or Jake Moby on a helicopter from Carson City Camp or something. They tell everyone not to worry about getting arrested, Rainbow 6-style ending, and wrap that all up. How does that sound?)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
a helicopter flew out overhead '; Aisha! its your father!' called Admiral Tennes, through a megaphone. ' i'm proud of you for helping deal with a very big problem for our government. your friends needn't worry, no one is getting arrested or charged. however, what you did will be unable to be acknowledged, publicly, for at least 20 years. you will be compensated for your time and effort, through line items in the budget, I assure you it will be quite substantial, likely into the seven figures.
_ we';re actually getting paid? Landon started. " Yes Doctor Landon, and considering the damage to your practice, you will see one of the biggest payments. I do hope it will make you whole' Admiral Tennes said.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hawkeye smiled and saluted, grinning.
"Sir!"
He chuckled...

Roux grinned, kissing Aisha and Nixx on the cheeks
"Mmm...yep.  It'll be nice too.  Not getting someone trying to kill us~"
She purred...

Cale smiled, taking Aimee's hand and smiling.
"Y'know, for the first time in my life, I can really see a future ahead of us."
He said with a grin and a soft kiss...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Shelton folded his arms. "Glad he just shouted all that through a megaphone from a helicopter. Especially the part about how nobody is allowed to find out. How close are we to the nearest city?"

Sharon's vision clouded. "James, should we accept the money?"

For some reason, she had hesitations from accepting such a large sum from the government. Especially considering their relationship in all this. But she'd defer to James' judgment.

-----------------

Aimee kissed him back and helped him slide out of his wet clothes. "Just the two of us and our future. Nothing else." She took him by the hand. "Let's get started!"

She began dashing into the dark woods.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
the helicopter guided the group towards a small hotel in the city. the hotel itself was pretty nondescript, but after the turmoil at the derrick, any kind of inn was a welcome sight to the group.. Aisha was first to enter the hotel lobby..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Neku smiled and shook his head as he walked into the hotel.  
"Heh...at long last...it's finally over.  Dragonstorm is done for and we can finally rest."
He said softly...

Cale followed her, grinning...

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Dr. Zanasiu and Dr. Kerzach stumbled in. Thanks to the fact they were wearing grimy blue coveralls, the clerk assumed them to be sailors.

"Rough day out at sea?" the clerk asked as he rang up their rooms and handed them their keys.

"You have no idea." Dr. Kerzach headed to the elevators and waited for everyone else to arrive.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
admiral tennes was waiting for them as they reached their floor.. /' room 307, if you please.. e have a bit of business to duiscuss. deatails of living arrangements, new aliases, the works.. cash payoffs, benefits for time rendered.. all that legal mumbo jumbo..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Shelton obediently filed into the room, and sat in the back with his hands crossed.

"Don't worry about a new alias for me; I'll be leaving the country anyway. It's high time I get back to Europe; I think I've had enough of America for the time being."

"We get new names?" asked Zyanya. "Can my new last name be 'Landon,' like his?"

"Landon's name is probably changing too," noted Neville, who was snacking on chips from a vending machine.

(OOC: If Shelton gets any money, I'd like to request it be no more than 1 million dollars. Don't really care what the characters I inherited from MrDrake get.)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(you can have him accept only a million. and what are your other characters?)
if you're marrying him, then yes it can be landon ' admiral tennes said. now i'll start with Shelton.. Shelton. your offered payment will be 4 million. if you wish to take less that is your right, the amount you don't acceot  will go towards your other needs, such as getting you a job in Europe, or wherever, and buying you a house. we're not just giving cash away, you know..' Admiral tennes said..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"I'll take a million, with a million going to my mother, a million going to my stepbrother, and a million going to my sister Nataly," Shelton replied. "Don't tell them where it came from, I'm sure they'd rather not know. We're not on the best of terms."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Done. we will not mention a word about your involvement. we'll use the lottery as cover,' Admiral tennes said ' as for the rest of you, the offers are up to 10 million each. dr landon, we are offering you 10 million as compensation for the loss of your practice..'
 I'll take it.' landon said. :' we'll throw in 3 million for nixx and zyanya respectively as well. considering how much you fought each other. we decided it would be  best not to favor one of the other in terms of payment
 for Aisha your payment will be 6 mill.ion' Admiral tennes said to Aisha. ' and don't worry about the credit cards and bills, they've already been taken care off.. all told your bills came to a little over 2 million dollars,
 sorry about the bills dad.. ' well dear i'm used to paying large bills when your concerned ' remember your education wasn't cheap.. luckily i'm well-connected and have good friends in high places..
-Nevlle we will offer you 5 million. the amounts offered  vary and do not represent any judgement on service or character.. is 5 million acceotable 'landon asked.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Neku chuckled.
"Wow, apparently this was a bigger deal than I even figured.  Getting paid all that.  Isn't that right...Cale?  Where'd you go?"
He asked, looking around, then shrugging...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
how mucvh do you want Neku/ that's goes for the rest of your team as well. ask what you want as long as its reasonable and it will be done..' Admiral tennes said calling up their names and files on a device he had.. ' you want a house, a new car? work? its done'
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: