The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Darwin's Soldiers: Disruptive Selection

Serris · 5385 · 222090

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
(OOC - Gustave still in his metal form thirty years later.)

Gustave smiled as the movie version of him ripped open a metal door to get at a terrorist. He nudged Sharon. "Hey Sharon," he whispered. "That wasn't any special effects or anything; I really did tear apart that door." He flicked a finger against his metallic forearm. "It's amazing how much you can cut down on stunts and special effects when you're literally made of metal."

---------------

Neville trudged into the theater and took his seat. He munched on some vegetable chips. In the thirty years that passed, he looked almost the same as his younger self. But despite excercise and a healthy diet, age was catching up to him. His vision was not quite so sharp and his reflexes and strength had dulled. Still, he was in excellent shape for someone pushing sixty five years of age.

Ever since Dragonstorm was destroyed, he put his skills as Pelvanida's practical shooting and Schutzhund expert to become a professional Schutzhund competitor. He had stacked up the wins, becoming the North American Schutzhund champion and he was soon set to face the world champion

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Sir, I have to just protest one final time!" Waterson, General Crota's assigned assistant, protested as the Humvee limousine rolled up to the theater. "This is not a valid use of taxpayer dollars!"

Crota was getting out of the limousine and turned to cast his aide a glance from under his designer sunglasses. "Son, have you ever fought in a war?"

Waterson looked confused. "No, sir."

"Well neither have any of the people in this screening. And yet everyone in America, including those taxpayers, owes them their gratitude and their livelihood. Now, make yourself useful and go buy me a ticket for the best seat in the house. Don't forget that military discount; I didn't become commander of Carson City Camp for nothing."

Straightening his full dress uniform, he prepared to go meet his old friends. At the last surviving member of Cobalt Squad it was his duty to keep their presence alive at this reunion, and he was pleased to have the honor.

----------------------------

The film was roughly in the middle of the terrorist invasion; the protagonists were just splitting up into two teams, and Shelton's was entering the sublevels to try and reach auxiliary control.

Shakila and Aimee had entered the movie theater. They quietly took seats in the back.

"So...do you know what's going on?" Shakila whispered, staring in confusion as people shot at each other on the Pelvanida roof.

"No idea," Aimee shook her head. "But then, that seems to be standard practice for us. Remember Schutzhund?"

--------------------------

In the front row, Nixx grinned back at Aisha. "Maybe I'll overeat just to give the other teammates a chance to catch up with me."

She took the snacks and paused. Aisha was being awfully giving recently, and Nixx suspected it was due to Nixx not giving Aisha much attention when at home. Unlike Roux, Nixx never really involved into a very romantic person, and was much happier working out or doing practical things than anything the bedroom had to offer. Tonight, she decided, she'll make up for that a little, give Aisha what she wanted.

"Don't eat too much yourself..." she hinted, "you never know how soon your next workout is gonna be..."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Next to Shakila, Slash and Agito took seats, one on each side of her, placing soft kisses on her cheek.  The pair grinned softly as they made their appearance on screen, Agito blushing softly at how odd the pair were.  

"Well...this is...awkward being seen like we were."

He said softly, as Cale wrapped his arm around Aimee's waist.  

"Don't judge me too harshly for what you see here... I was...confused."

He whispered softly...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Aisha 's face widened in a grin, she caught the hint right away. ' you've never really taken time to explore yourself Nixx, its all been the practical stuff and training, course, its never too late to learn the more 'intimate' areas..' she nuzzled her warmly..  but i'm glad you're willing to give it a try..
- landon passed a soda to his son Donald. be sure to share with your suiblings.. he smiled ' yes father ' Donald said.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Roux giggled and murred, tail wagging.
"Oooh, I think tonight might be really fun~..."
She purred coyly...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
tonight I think is roux's movie night ' Aisha smirked ' the usual ' badass girls marathon?. so xena, charlies angels and jasmine queen of Arabia? she teased roux.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Aisha passed roux her favorite collection of sweets.. Aisha smiled - roux had been developing quite a sweet tooth over the years.. ' you know I love you honey' she said to roux in a soft affectionate voice..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Roux smiled softly, leaning in and kissing Aisha happily.
"I know you do, hun.  That's why I have a present for you~"
She murred happily...

Nearby, Slash and Agito smiled at each other, nodding a little.  They both had a surprise for Shakila planned...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
oh.. i'm looking forward to it.. Aisha said, turning and planting a kiss on nixx's lips. " you girls are the best thing to happen to me' She said as there was a large explosion on the screen.. they were approaching the part where they had chased Dragonstorm through Las Vegas, and in the process had trashed most of the city..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Shakila and Aimee watched as Cale assaulted everybody in the kitchens.

"You had a bit of a side-switching streak even back then, didn't you?" Aimee teased her mate. "Frankly I'm amazed you've remained faithful to me for so long!"

Shakila smiled politely and nodded, continuing to not understand what was happening on screen.

-------------------------------

Sharon tapped Neville on the back of the head. "Hey Ivers! You didn't visit for Thanksgiving last year! What gives?"

"You know I never turn down an opportunity to visit the Zanasiu's," he smiled back, "but I had to spend some time in Nepal to acclimate, what with Scutzhund being held there that November. I've been keeping in touch with most people from our team, except Kerzach. What ever happened to him?"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Cale shrugged.  
"Hey, I was just out of a cryotube, and they'd been sticking needles and probes and such into my brain!  You can't expect a guy to be perfectly sane after that."
He chuckled, then leaned in and kissed her.  
"Besides, I've never loved anyone besides you."
He said softly...

Slash smiled softly.  
"We were...troubled.  After all, we'd been used, beaten, and hated by the scientists we'd met.  We didn't see any reason to trust them..."
He said awkwardly...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"What're you guys doing wrong?" asked Shakila. "Looks like you're working fine with those guys with the guns."

"Those were the terrorists, hun," Aimee whispered into her ear.

"There are terrorists in this movie‽" exclaimed Shakila.

"That was like...two hours ago," Alfred frowned.

The final battle was approaching in the oil rig, the climax of the film.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Slash nodded.  
"There are.  They were...they let us out, so we decided to work alongside them...  We were foolish to have thought they'd help us."
He said bitterly, as Cale nodded.  
"They tried to kill us, so we ended up switching sides..."
He added...

Roux smiled, tail wagging as the end of the movie got closer and closer...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
(OOC: Oops, I missed your post nick, and kept acting like the movie was in "first role-play". I'll bump my previous post to 3rd role-play, sorry!)

"This movie is horrendously out of order..." Alfred muttered. "That sure as hell didn't happen while I was involved."

"Hey I'm starting to understand these parts!" Shakila smiled happily.

Then the movie ended. Dragonstorm defeated, the surviving heroes sailed the battleship into the horizon, as the end credits began playing, beginning with pictures of each person a character was based off of and a short bio.

"Well, that was a good film," Nixx yawned. "Bloody long. We ready to get out of here?"

"You've hardly spoken to anyone," Aimee winked. "There's a reception afterwards. Besides, I suspect a certain duo has something they'd like to say with everyone listening..."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
As the credits finished, Hawkeye stepped onto the stage, clearing his throats.  
"Ladies and Gentlemen, tonight, we have a very, very special set of guests in the theater.  Would all of my friends from the Anti-Dragonstorm group please come up here?"
He said, directly tapping into the theater's speakers.  The crowd went silent for a moment, and then started cheering...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Shakila blushed redder than a spanish net under her fur. "Oh no, he's not...we can't--"

She was interrupted when Aimee pulled her to her feet and started walking her to the stage.

Neville prickled at the attention, but stood to his feet.

Gustave jumped up and pumped both fists in the air, getting a roar from the crowd. His gusto was used by several of the less outgoing teammates, such as Alfred and Kiara, to reach the stage without much fanfare.

"Sir, I have to advise against drawing attention to--" Waterson started under his breath, but Crota marched away and took his place proudly beside his teammates.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Dr. Zanasiu got up on stage. Sharon and Zachary flanked him.

Suddenly, the doors opened and a lean Cassowary burst into the theater.

Dr. Zanasiu gasped. "Kerzach!?"

Dr. Kerzach winked. "The one and only!"

"What happened?"

"I had a book signing and I lost track of time."

The Cassowary then took his place at the front of the theater with the others.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Neku was the next up on stage, limping up there slowly.  While he had barely aged since then, owing to his genetic coding, the battles he had fought had taken their toll on him.  He had replaced the old, cobbled together replacement limbs with new, sleeker ones, but nevertheless walked and carried himself like a man many times his age.
Cale was the next on stage, one arm wrapped around Aimee's waist, and grinning immensely.  Much like many of the early-produced augments from Dragonstorm and Pelendavia bases, he too had barely aged a day, but nevertheless, still showed his age a small bit.  
The next one up to the stage was Roux, grinning as she held Aisha's hand, tail wagging happily.
 Slash and Agito were the next to stand there, along with their beloved Shakila, both of them wearing mischievous grins that barely concealed their joy.  
Finally, Kagetora walked onto stage, no longer dressed in his ninja gear, instead wearing an elegant suit.  His hair had greyed, and he no longer had the same energy he once had, but he still carried himself with the same pride and dignity he always had.  Alongside Kiara, he smiled, waving to the audience with a grin.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Aisha waved to the crowd as dr landon and his family climbed on stager. the audience was standing up, every last one of them, and applauding loudly. a smile played on aishas face, to know that they were appreciated, that all their effort and sacrifice had a positive payoff was heartening..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Shakila was blushing and trying to shrink back, but Aimee wouldn't let her.

Gustave assumed a pose in the center of the group, and finally stopped screwing around and stood quietly.

"Watch the children for me," Zyanya said quickly to Erik, and was the last one to reach the stage and wait patiently for Hawkeye to continue.