The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Darwin's Soldiers: Disruptive Selection

Serris · 5385 · 222218

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hawkeye smiled and stopped clapping once the entire group was on stage.  
"Alright, alright.  Now that the group's all up here, I'm sure that many of you would like to come meet them, but first, I believe that a few of my friends have some things to say."
He said, nodding to Roux, Slash, and Agito.  Roux grinned, nodded back, and then stepped forward a little, tail wagging a mile a minute.  Reaching into her pocket, she fished out a small box, then knelt, smiling up at Aisha.
"Aisha...we've been together for thirty years, and now...I want that thirty years to become the rest of our lives.  When we met, we weren't able to do things properly, so now...Will you marry me, again?"
She said, blushing as Hawkeye had amplified her voice through the speakers...  

Agito and Slash were up next, each taking one of Shakila's hands and gently guiding her forward a little.  They knelt on either side, and produced boxes of their own, both blushing.  Agito smiled a little, and spoke first.
"Shakila, ever since you first came into our lives you've been nothing but wonderful to us.  And now, after all this time...I wanted to ask...Will you marry me?"
Slash grinned a little as he continued on.
"You gave me a purpose when I'd lost one, and saved both Agito and I from a loneliness which was dragging us further into our darkness.  With that said...Will you marry me, as well?"
He asked, both of them opening their boxes to reveal the rings inside them...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
a huge grin spread across  Aishas face, she clearly hadn't been expecting this ' Of Course! she said, hugging roux tightly...
- landon clapped for his old friend..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"I thought Roux and Aisha were already married?" whispered Neville.

"Kind of a 'renewal of the vows' thing," Gustave muttered back.

Shakila gasped and her hand flew to her mouth. "I...of course! Both of you!"

She put a ring on each ring finger, and the crowd cheered (people were much warmer to inter-special marriage these days than they were 30 years ago).

Aimee clapped for her friend, smiling and tearing up.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Roux smiled, squeaking happily and throwing her arms around Aisha with a murr.  
"Thankyou thankyou thank you~!"
She said, pulling back and kissing her deeply...

Agito and Slash both stood up, throwing their arms around Shakila and lifting her up into a warm hug.  
"Thank you, love.  That's the best gift ever."
Slash murred, as he and Agito kissed her cheeks at the same time, both beaming,,,

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
after about a minute Aisha broke the kiss. I have something to ask Nixx as well' Aisha said turning to nixx. with a smile.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Nixx looked puzzled, she wasn't very quick on the update with these things. "Err...what?" she asked.

Zyayna groaned and shook her head at Nixx's obliviousness.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
will you marry me? Aisha asked ' we have been together for thirty years, I think its time to make it official. agito slash and shakila are in a three-way marriage, so we know it can be done, and that it can work.  my wedding present to you.. will be a trip to the World Cup of Rugby in Australia! what do you say? Aisha asked.
-
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Roux giggled and draped her arms around Aisha from behind.  
"Ooh, yay.  This will be a big wedding~"
She giggled...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Nixx was overwhelmed; unlike everyone else in the room, she hadn't seen this coming. She opened her mouth. "I....I...I--"

She turned away, flooded with emotions.

"What are you doing?"

To her surprise, Zyanya of all people had turned around to comfort her.

"I don't know," Nixx began, "I just...I'm not used to this sort of thing. I don't know the first thing about marriage. Do I have to care more about sex now, can I still go play sports and do whatever I want--?"

Zyanya cut her off with a shake of her head. "Marriage isn't about any of that. I've been with Landon for 30 years, it's about love. And gratitude. And showing another person what they mean to you. You've been with Aisha for most of your life, do this. Trust me, you'll love it."

It was the most words they'd ever shared in one conversation. Urged on by Zyanya's comforting smile, Nixx turned back to the group at large. "I do!" she said, and the crowd cheered.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Aisha hugged nixx and gave her a long kiss on the lips. zynaya is right. its far more about companionship, at this point in my life, than it is about the bedchambers. you are still going to play rugby, you're good at it and I hope you can finally get that olympic gold medal you've been trying to get for years. you are my family nix, you roux and my father are the only family I have..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Nixx turned to Roux. "So, don't I have to propose to you now, I guess? Cause it would be weird if we were both married to Aisha but not each other. Uh...I wasn't really prepared, but will you marry me?" she said, taking out of her pocket the only appropriate thing she had on hand; a cherry Ring Pop she'd bought from the theater snack bar.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Sharon and James hugged each other as Nixx and Roux proposed.

General Crota smiled but then he looked down at the ground. "If only Chris MacLean and Larry Masters were here," he muttered.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Roux smiled, then leaned in and kissed Nixx deeply.
"Of course I will~!"
She giggled, tail almost becoming a blur...

Hawkeye placed a hand on General Crota's shoulder.  
"I think that they are.  If not in body, they're here in our thoughts, our hearts, and our memories."
He said softly...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Gustave clapped Crota on the back. "Hey, man, look on the bright side! Look at how many of us are still alive after thirty years!"

"It is rather miraculous," Alfred agreed. "They're like the only two to die. Thirty years later and we're all still living, kicking, and content. That's pretty unbelievable."

Gustave grinned and nodded, crushed his industrial-size beer can with a single fist and flung it into the audience in celebration. A few days later that can would be sold for thousands of dollars to an 'Iron Crocodile' fan site.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Dr. Zanasiu shook his head. "We're missing Shelton too." He passed Alfred the obituary from several years ago. The paper was yellowed and wrinkly but still legible.

Alfred read the paper. "I...I never knew. What about Siberys and the others?"

"The experimental vaccine he took to disable his powers eventually killed him. As for Vic, Doctor Joe, Feral and the other soldiers who assisted us on the raid in Pelvanida...I don't know. I haven't heard from them since. For all I know they're lying low or..." Doctor Zanasiu trailed off, not wanting to finish that thought.

--------

General Crota staggered under the blow. "Ow. I'm not as young as I once was."

Gustave chuckled. "Sorry. I forgot, steel doesn't age like flesh and bone. He rapped a knuckle against his chest, producing a metallic ringing noise.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Neku smirked.
"Gotta give Dragonstorm credit.  They certainly made their experiments to last, huh?"
He chuckled at Gustave, then glanced over at Roux and Nixx, rolling his eyes before using his telekinesis to tug them apart.
"Easy there, you two."
He joked...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
hugged both o roux and nix before turning to landon and zyanya. ' so how's the family? she asked. ' what do you do for a job zyanya' she asked her.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Oh," blushed Zyanya, "I just take care of the house, raise the kids. Make sure Micah has a clean mansion to come home to every day. Things like that."

Two of Crota's guards, a metallic-looking moose and an otter, marched up to the group. "General?" asked the otter, saluting crisply.

"At ease, Lt. Stamda. What is it?" Crota asked.

"Waterson is threatening to call Washington if you don't leave now. Sorry, sir."

Crota grumbled loudly. "I thought I tell him what to do..." Nevertheless he acquiescently followed Stamda to the exit.

Gustave noticed the moose hadn't left and was observing him with adoration. "Errr," he asked tentatively, "aren't you supposed to go and...? You're not really metal, are you...?"

He tapped the moose's arm and silver paint came off.

"I'm your biggest fan!" the moose blurted out. "Can I have your autograph please? Please?"

Gustave signed a forcibly proffered movie poster and then retreated into the middle of the group, looking slightly off-put for the first time that night.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
'reat home mother, then? nothing wrong with that' aisha said ' I don't have any kids of my own, what with my job, and my lovers being girls, having kids the old-fashioned way is out of the question. adoption isn't though, though i'd have to talk with roux or nix about that..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: