The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Dutch TV series

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey gang,

I've been tracking the company who translates lbt to dutch.
I mailed them and today I got a response. They say the dutch market is hardly interested in it and it is too expensive to just translate them for a DVD(since no broadcast station will have it yet)

I started a petition online to send to universal once I think we've gathered enough singatures... Mind helping me?

http://www.petitiononline.com/platvoet/petition-sign.html

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
The viking from the north has signed up, and will aid you in this quest!
 :yes
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Trying sure can't do any harm worse than them possibly ignoring the petition. One thing that should perhaps be taken into account is that if they get a petition full of email addresses not from the Netherlands they may be more likely to ignore it than if they got a mail signed with Dutch addresses (more likely customers). I'm therefore not quite sure if, by entering my clearly not Dutch email address I might rather contribute to them not taking it serious than the other way round (they would probably get the impression of somebody just asking every friend from some page without any real interest in Plaetvoet en zijn friendjes to sign it and therefore discard it as meaningless). Shall I sign it anyway? Shall anyone without an .nl in their address Iris?

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Ya, I don't think they'll listen to a petition filled with foreign e-mails, e-mails that are obviously not dutch.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Actually I think it's good. The netherlands always has been afraid of larger countries, so to speak. I think there will be many more dutch addresses on the list in the end, so from other countries shouldnt be a problem.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Well, during one of my casual lurkings at this board, I happened upon this thread, and gladly signed the petition. Will my contribution make much of a difference? I may never know...

*wonders if he should stop this "note to the admins" thing about him still being officially gone* :p
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Ofcourse contributions will make something. Logical, more than it would have done without it.
You never know until you try. ;)
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I gave it a sign.

I must admit, I don't have a lot of faith in petitions, especially in an online format.

This article best describes my reasons, with quotes such as:

signatures on a paper-and-ink petition cannot easily be faked else certain glaring similarities would show up in one entry after another.

E-petitions, however, come with no such assurance; the same person could have generated all of the signatures. Moreover, it takes little by way of programming skills to create a sequence of code that will randomly generate fake names, e-mail addresses, cities....

I'm sure online petitions have made differences in the past and present.  Google searches for successful online petitions do bring up some interesting results.  It does seem like Universal really doesn't have much care about expanding LBT in any direction at this point.  :(

Anywho, here's hoping! :D  Just case Universal decides not to be that nice, we could always record you doing all the voices, Iris.  :lol  :p

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well... I fear that not being a success tim :p

What you said is correct though, e-petitions dont usually do their job. But I can at least give it a shot.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
But I can at least give it a shot.
:D

Well... I fear that not being a success tim
That's okay.  I fear getting slapped from shoving a microphone in your face one too many times. :p

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Mar 28 2009 on  08:07 AM
Well... I fear that not being a success tim
That's okay.  I fear getting slapped from shoving a microphone in your face one too many times. :p
You should

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'll sign.  Sure I'm not Dutch, but I think LBT needs all the help it can get now. :)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
well if you still want to give it a go than i'll gladly sign.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I signed and hope that it will do any good in spite of my not so encouraging own experiences with online petitions. I wished I had sufficient command of the Dutch language to add any comments. I wish you all the success in the world Iris (just love the Dutch version of "If we hold on together" ;)).

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oh yes raga :yes :)

Thank you Malte! I hope something good will come out of this. I'm glad you like the dutch version of if we hold on together :D

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
So far I only heard the Series and Sequels in German it would be cool to hear the gang speak in Dutch.  The language I would really want to hear is Japanese.