The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

too sentimental

rosie · 9 · 1946

rosie

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Which character is little too sentimental? I think that chopper shouldn't be so sentimental and so attached to those flatteeth?

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Why shouldn't he?

I think Chomper knows that when he grows up, he will not be able to enjoy the companionship of Littlefoot and the rest of the gang. So, perhaps he's making it as enjoyable as he can while he stil lcan be friends with the gang.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I don't think that anything but the bond of very close, honest, and (yes) somewhat sentimental friendship could permit Chomper to vanquish his nature and live among them for the time being (the ultimate problem being put off just for the time being, that is for the time in which Chomper can feed on insects). Referring to the TV series Chomper (and Ruby too) doesn't have anyone but his friends to really relate to. The whereabouts (or perhaps even the fate) of his parents are unknown. Everyone of the Gang of Five still has nearby family members to relate to while Chomper does not. They don't show it in the series, but I think the situation may be more difficult for Chomper than we appreciate.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Indeed it is likely hardest for him.  As an adult he'll likely have to live outside the Great Valley, though I guess he could visit it at times to visit with his friends he'll not be able to go very far into the Great Valley.   Though he may patrol the area outside the Great Valley to help keep it safer for the far walkers, and adventurous kids who explore and go outside into the mysterious beyond.  

Ruby may not have her family in the Great Valley, but she does know where their safety place is and though it is risky, at least till Chomper is in his teenage years, she could eventfully find them.  We have no idea about Chomper's parents.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
We only get one mention of Chomper's parents. In the very first episode, Ruby teminds Chomper that she promised his parents that she would protect him in the Great Valley from Red Claw. After that, we don't hear anything else from them. We can only assume that they are still in the Mysterious Beyond alive.

As for too sentimental, I don't think there is such a thing as too sentimental in this show. All the characters have the right reasons to be attatched to one another. Chomper has the best reason to depend upon Littlefoot because he took care of him when he first hatched. Ducky depends upon Spike because even though she found him, he is bigger and can protect her. Petrie depends on all of his friends to help boost his courage in certain dangerous situations. Littlefoot depends upon his grandparents for wisdom as well as his friends sometimes (at the end of LBT 10 leading into Bestest Friend). And so on and so forth...

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Well I still haven¥t seem 2 movies and same episodes, so all I can say is that I agree with you guys  <_<

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
No, he should enjoy the time that he has with his friends while he can, before reality interludes.

Why shouldn't be "sentimental and attached to those flatteeth"? It's likely that they could be the only friends he'll ever have. It is shown in one episode of the series that sharpteeth don't make friends and the only sharpteeth we have seen that have stuck together are Chomper's parents and they might slip apart once they are done raising their offspring.

AloneButNotLonely

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I think LBTFan13 is right about there is no one too sentimental in this series. They do all ahve their own reasons for who they're attached to.

As for Chomper I think he is just trying to live up the time he has with his friends. I think, despite how much he trys to convince himself he'll never change, he knows one day there will be a time where he won't or can't be friends with the gang of five. So he clings to them as much as he can. And because of his reality of being a Sharptooth his time with his friends is very important, and in a way more meaningful and needs to be cherished at all cost.
In my heart I wish that they would always stay kids so that they can continue to be friends.