The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Regarding ANY Season 2 topics.

Petrie. · 96 · 20937

Nanotyrannus

• Junior synonym
  • Chomper
  • i'll put something here eventually
    • View Profile
May 13th has arrived and, from what I can tell, there are no new episodes on Peacock - I don't have the service myself but a user on the wiki who does have it has pretty heavily suggested that there's nothing, judging by his response to me removing the mention of The Land Before Time from the article that started all of this (which was immediately reverted, re-removed by a fellow admin and was again reverted... it's not on there anymore as I write, but that might not stay that way for long).

I think it's safe to say that this was a false alarm - I'm not calling off the chances of something TLBT-related coming to the service post-official release, mind.

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
The fact that Universal never made any announcements also leads me to believe this thing was fake.

https://youtu.be/BUrKB9mx9hg
Life Is Good

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The post got removed from the listings so no, Land Before Time Season 2 was just somebody wanting to probably troll fans knowing it wasn't happening anyway.

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Well someone had edited wikipeda saying that peacock will be streaming a 2nd season and guess what? The references they provided were the exact same as last time (you know, the references that don't even mention "land before time")  :bang

I have since corrected it
Life Is Good

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
Well someone had edited wikipeda saying that peacock will be streaming a 2nd season and guess what? The references they provided were the exact same as last time (you know, the references that don't even mention "land before time")  :bang

I have since corrected it

These trolls will stop at nothing to annoy other people with their shenanigans. :anger

GreyLizard226

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
It would be interesting to know what season 2 would have been like if it had been made. Does anyone even know if there were ever plans for it to happen?

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
It would be interesting to know what season 2 would have been like if it had been made. Does anyone even know if there were ever plans for it to happen?

I’m pretty sure they were going to do it, but didn’t due to low ratings.  I mean, from the Cartoon Network schedules I’ve seen, the show literally airs every weekday at 10am, a time in which children would be in school, meaning you can’t watch the show unless you record it via VHS.

Also yeah, this series actually aired on Cartoon Network.  I know it kinda looks fake at first, but when you soon own the TV series on DVD, you’ll soon realize that this is somehow real.

Mouse-a-saur

• A Winchesterian Paradox
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Supernaturally Yours
    • View Profile
10am? :ShortyDisgusted That time is alright for the sort of shows you’d see on Disney/Nick Jr., but not Cartoon Network. Not back then anyway (CN has the whole morning Cartoonito block-thing going on now, lol)

~*And I'm something called a Jared Padalecki*~

chomper94

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
10am? :ShortyDisgusted That time is alright for the sort of shows you’d see on Disney/Nick Jr., but not Cartoon Network. Not back then anyway (CN has the whole morning Cartoonito block-thing going on now, lol)

To be fair, if Cartoon Network still had Tickle-U (Cartoon Network’s failed preschool block which ran from 2005-06) during the time the TV series aired, that’s fine.

But the fact that it aired a few months after Tickle-U ended just shows they had a good chance to net some viewers, but did it at the worst possible time.

And can I say that I just feel bad Cartoon Network aired the show because according to a source I found, they just aired it because Universal saw them airing movies 1-11 constantly.  So if they can air LBT movies, they can air a LBT TV show right?  Nope.  Just choose some other network that can fit this show perfectly, and not some network that aired nearly your entire library of LBT movies nearly everyday.

Mouse-a-saur

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Supernaturally Yours
    • View Profile
Probably would have worked better on Nickelodeon, honestly. Not my *favorite* choice but it probably would have been better. :rainbowThinking

GreyLizard226

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile

To be fair, if Cartoon Network still had Tickle-U (Cartoon Network’s failed preschool block which ran from 2005-06) during the time the TV series aired, that’s fine.

But the fact that it aired a few months after Tickle-U ended just shows they had a good chance to net some viewers, but did it at the worst possible time.

And can I say that I just feel bad Cartoon Network aired the show because according to a source I found, they just aired it because Universal saw them airing movies 1-11 constantly.  So if they can air LBT movies, they can air a LBT TV show right?  Nope.  Just choose some other network that can fit this show perfectly, and not some network that aired nearly your entire library of LBT movies nearly everyday.

Yeah, I remember Cartoon Network would air the movies as part of it’s “Cartoon Theater” block.

That’s interesting it aired at 10am. I only recall seeing it once on CN, but I thought it was earlier.  I think it would have helped at least a little if the show was broadcast on weekend mornings. Showing it when most kids are in school is one thing, but not even on weekends?

As for the supposedly cancelled season 2, I wonder if we could contact the creators to find out about what plans they had for it? It would be interesting if some elements of these scripts ended up being used in Journey of The Brave.

GreyLizard226

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Probably would have worked better on Nickelodeon, honestly. Not my *favorite* choice but it probably would have been better. :rainbowThinking

But then it probably would have aired on Nick Jr, when most kids would still be at school.

Mouse-a-saur

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Supernaturally Yours
    • View Profile
I feel like if Nick Jr did play it they’d move the time slot down an hour so the kids who only go to half-day school could catch it. But it’s not really a show for kids that young?  :thinking

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I feel like if Nick Jr did play it they’d move the time slot down an hour so the kids who only go to half-day school could catch it. But it’s not really a show for kids that young?  :thinking
Isn't it though? I feel like the TV series were very much dumbed down to pre-school level, especially compared to the movies. But maybe that's just my adult opinion of it ;)

Mouse-a-saur

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Supernaturally Yours
    • View Profile
Fair enough, haha. My perception is warped because I can tolerate kids’ shows more than most folks so that’s probably why I feel the LBT cartoon stands apart somewhat?

Even still, 10am’s not the best slot, lol. Should have at least re-run it early on weekends or in the afternoon. :PAli

chomper94

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Fair enough, haha. My perception is warped because I can tolerate kids’ shows more than most folks so that’s probably why I feel the LBT cartoon stands apart somewhat?

Even still, 10am’s not the best slot, lol. Should have at least re-run it early on weekends or in the afternoon. :PAli

I’m pretty sure according to TV Tropes, they did air it on the afternoon, but it was very early into the afternoon, and it was still on weekdays.  Therefore, it was still a bad time as children would still be in school.

As for reruns, they were strictly on the same days and same time as new episodes would air (10am), so even reruns can’t save the show apparently.