The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

are you happy with the TV series?

kjeldo · 98 · 16191

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
aloha!

i made this topic because i feel some negative energy on the forum about the TV series, do you like them? or can they ***** up? -_-

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
You didn't add a poll choice that I can answer to.  There are very few questions in this world that have a simple "yes-no" answer and this is NOT one of them.  I like the tv series okay, but there needs to be some improvements.  Overall, I'll still buy them but I wish that Universal would improve the story lines and remove the songs from such a short episode.  It's a TV episode for Christs sake!  There doesn't need to be 3 songs in a 19 minute episode. :rolleyes:

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
I still haven't voted but I agree with landbeforetimelover, in both cases.

I didn't vote because I'm in the middle of both, neither happy nor the opposite.

And yes, maybe the storylines could be changed a little, and te songs removed and reserved to the films.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
I voted yes.
I have no problem with them, I like them alot. Waiting for to Swedish release.
It's more LBT, how can I complain?  ;)
Though, some unclear parts about the whole story though.

LBTlover, agree. Really, it can be too much with that many songs.
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I voted no.

As much as I like Ruby and there were a few episodes I did like. The TV series doesn't do a thing for me.

First of all, they put random parts that you never see in the movies. Like the one where the kids find the fruit that keeps the sharp teeth away. In the movies, it was the mountain barrier around the valley and the blockade of boulders that blocked them.

And when the kids pass the smoking mountains Petrie is afraid to go even though he's already been there before (in the seventh sequel). I mean maybe there was a bit more depth to that part, he had bad memories of his uncle there, but the writers seemed to have dropped that idea as if that didn't even happen. I really don't think the tv series is really doing any justice except for having the younger generation get interested in LBT.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I voted yes and no cause I'm happy with it and yet at the same time not happy with it.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I feel sort of mixed.  I like most of the episodes, but they could have done some things better, though they did do some things right.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm not going to vote, at least not before I've seen them all.

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I agree with what most of the others said. I like them, but there are some things that need improvement.

I also think the poll needs some more answers. Maybe you should add something like "I like it, but it needs improvements." Bet a lot of people would choose that one.  :DD

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: Drake,Aug 9 2008 on  08:02 AM
I agree with what most of the others said. I like them, but there are some things that need improvement.

I also think the poll needs some more answers. Maybe you should add something like "I like it, but it needs improvements." Bet a look of people would choose that one.  :DD
Based on the responses so far I'd agree.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
In a nutshell, I am happy with the series.  I can never get enough LBT :^.^:  B).

If there's any room for improvement, it would be to lose the songs.  They're far better off in a film than a TV ep.  Besides that, I like it!  I love it!  I want some more of it! :p

rosie

• Chomper
    • View Profile
All series can't be perfect and they need better songs.Why is it that flatteeth sing only? I guess it would be too dumb if a bigger  sharptooth sang.grunt and roar. I guess screeching is too retarded and maybe if another sharptooth could speak flattooth. It would be a screeching and evil sounding.  :mad Even little chomper needs to sing more of how he feels about being a baby sharptooth and why do they keep repeating that song :friends for dinner. Eat them already! :rolleyes:   It is a good song but not  all the time.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I voted yes.
The series is certainly not perfect. Some of the episodes are poor compared to others. There is room for improvement... But it is much better than I dreaded it to be ever since the first news about the series arrived in august 2005.
I consider the quality of the series better than that of some recent episodes and many of the things LBT fans have been calling for for a long time (most notably the inclusion of characters from earlier movies) have been realized.
There is room for improvement (there almost always is), but credit where credit is due. I do give credit to the makers of the series for I feel it to be due.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Its a Good back up.  Universal Animation Studios as already made 13 Movies, they can make some cool episode based on them.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I've got no issues with the series. I can accept it for what it is and how it's represented but no creation can be deemed as "perfect". Everything has its pros and cons and the LBT series is no exception. I like the fact the LBT saga has continued and it has a slightly new stream to it with nostalgic hints added in (cameo appearances from various LBT characters of the films). Not a fan of the sing-song nature of them though (deffo could've done without the songs in the series I reckon :p ). Would have been nice if the episodes kinda "flowed" a bit more from one to the other rather than just a string of smaller proxy adventures but still, there's nothing within the series that will prevent me from watching them.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
One of the best things about the series is that it added publicity to LBT.  Sure the movies have always been out there, but when people can get the material for free from their TV they're more likely to look into it, especially in hard times.  Parents have a small budget to pay for movies as it is.  They don't want to take chances buying a $15 movie and having their kid not like it.  I think that was the main point of the TV series.  Until the TV series, LBT was just a movie that spawned a boatload of other movies that all have roman numerals (you'd be surprised how few people can actually read those nowadays).  God only knows if they're good or not.  Now that the TV series is out, parents and children can get introduced to the main characters and see what LBT is all about without having to take risks by buying it in the store.  Though one thing parents might not like is if their child's favorite character is Ruby......she's not in the movies.  That'd piss me off if I was a parent.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
That's a good point LBTLover. One issue with films, especially for kids, getting them to sit down and keep them engaged into what's going on can be a challenge. Have smaller 20min bursts is good for a kid's attention span and it also gives a window for parents to sit down and watch it with them (I'm sure they can take 20mins outta their daily lives to bond with their children). In that, parents may then invest in the movies having seen the series if their children actually enjoy them. TV is a powerful medium that immediately "invades" a personal household. Whether by accident or intended, once viewed it's easy to make a lasting impact if interest is tweaked.

Though one thing parents might not like is if their child's favorite character is Ruby......she's not in the movies. That'd piss me off if I was a parent.

Well, in defense of that, you have to bear in mind that the TV series came AFTER the movies. I, for one, don't really see the movies and TV episodes in the same vein despite being under the same label. I tend to accept them as two different aspects of the same thing. From a child's perspective it might be a little more difficult to intrepret I'll agree, but it's doesn't take a rocket sciencist to realise that one vein precedes the other. I'm sure a parent can explain that the TV series happens after the movies (if they can get them to sit down to watch them all that is   :lol )

Petrie157578641

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/TabalugaDragon
Quote from: Rat_lady7,Aug 8 2008 on  03:50 PM
I voted no.

As much as I like Ruby and there were a few episodes I did like. The TV series doesn't do a thing for me.

First of all, they put random parts that you never see in the movies. Like the one where the kids find the fruit that keeps the sharp teeth away. In the movies, it was the mountain barrier around the valley and the blockade of boulders that blocked them.

And when the kids pass the smoking mountains Petrie is afraid to go even though he's already been there before (in the seventh sequel). I mean maybe there was a bit more depth to that part, he had bad memories of his uncle there, but the writers seemed to have dropped that idea as if that didn't even happen. I really don't think the tv series is really doing any justice except for having the younger generation get interested in LBT.
I completely agree.Even though some episodes make me really happy, I voted no, because I'd rather want to watch at least a couple more movies, which they stopped making and now repeating this series on over and over. I don't like the songs, because they are short, always with the same music from the previous episodes or even movies, and words are no match to awesome songs in the movies.
I can even call some movies really perfect, even though I know there are no perfect things, but I think movies 7-9 are absolutely perfect, So beautiful drawn, excellent soundtrack,the whole storyline looks completely awesome and made for family, not only for kids, as I think about the series

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I think Universal should have focused more on future sequels.  They had all these good plot ideas goin' on in the TV series, but the episodes were too short and brief.  They could have taken several plot ideas at once and put them into one sequel :idea.  I really hope that they're focusing on future sequels instead of a second season.  I'd love to see the series continue, as long as Universal puts in more than just a half-a** effort :yes.