The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

In Defense of Red Claw

Hypno · 25 · 6615

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I agree I will also check out those fanfictions and see what they're like

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hmm yea that's also possible. This still leaves the question why Redclaw would be more reputable to an arguably better sharptooth. We also don't have any time frame of when Redclaw gained his notoriety, whether it could have been before or after Plate's death. Another possible reason is the fact that he teams up with fast-biters to hunt his prey. The first movie showed that more peaceful leaf-eating dinosaurs even had trouble working with other species. Such an unorthodox method in the Mysterious Beyond probably catches other dinosaurs off guard and certainly would stick out in someone's mind.

Come to think about it. A conversation between Chomper and Redclaw would be kinda cool. I liked the conversation Chomper had with Thud in the TV series. It could show some parallels between Chomper and Redclaw. Both are doing similar things, with Chomper befriending leaf-eaters and Redclaw teaming up with other sharpteeth species.

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Quote from: Flathead770,Jun 29 2017 on  06:05 PM
Come to think about it. A conversation between Chomper and Redclaw would be kinda cool. I liked the conversation Chomper had with Thud in the TV series. It could show some parallels between Chomper and Redclaw. Both are doing similar things, with Chomper befriending leaf-eaters and Redclaw teaming up with other sharpteeth species.
If a second season is planned (which I feel like it may be a possibility) then an episode featuring Red Claw with Chomper in a conversation would be a really good idea for an episode.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
From what I have seen of Red Claw, he is by far more handicapped than other Sharpteeth. Hence why He has Screech and Thus compensate for his maladies (eye and claw). Red Claw actually shows great hunting acumen in that He has enlisted the help of two Sharpteeth who are of completely different species.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
One point I forgot to make. Chomper is the one who calls Red Claw "the meanest Sharptooth of them all." Chomper wasn't born while Sharptooth was alive and hasn't heard the stories of the Meanest Sharptooth. While he did encounter both Plates and the Horned Sharptooth, Plates is very likely dead and Chomper hadn't encountered the Horned Sharptooth yet during the time of the TV series. Thus, it is very likely that Chomper would call a Sharptooth that continually attacks him and the rest of the gang vicious ("the meanest Sharptooth of them all"), as it is the only surviving Sharptooth that repeatedly attacks the gang that he knew at this point. By the way, this is the same Logo8th who initially wrote the blog post. I made an account on here so that I could join in the discussion on the forum about this topic.

That is well said. Chomper is perhaps the worst member of the Gang to go to for advice on who is the most evil or meanest sharptooth, because he is a sharptooth. Littlefoot, Cera, Ducky, Petrie, and Spike are herbivores who are food for Sharpteeth, they experience a terror when a Sharptooth emerges that Chomper cannot understand. Besides Chomper never met the Most Evil Sharptooth in TLBT I. 

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith