The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What different purchases have you made recently?

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Littlefoot90,Oct 11 2008 on  04:10 PM
I have for me yesterday Brothers in Arms Hells Higway bought and am very satisfied with that
I have read about that game it sounds like the kind I would play but since my computer is nowhere near fast enough and I don't have a 360 or PS3 I'm just gonna save up my money til I have enough. I'll more likely get a 360 so I can play AC6.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Oct 11 2008 on  12:31 PM
Yesterday I was really "going Gollum" when my preciousses did arrive at last (those 28 books I had ordered):

Without shame I will admit that I was giggling silly while getting those books sorted. I think I have fallen deeply in love with a pile of books! :smile
xD awesome!  :smile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Looks like some time life books, civil war maybe I'd guess.  Congrads on the purchase and all the books.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Wow.  That's a lot of books.  I'll bet those cost a lot to ship. :lol Who took the picture?

On a personal note, I just purchased a boatload of items for only $40!  Here's a list:

-Compters:

Custom Built Computer #1:
*2.19ghz AMD Athlon 64 3000+ processor
*No HD
*512mb ram
*Some old piece of crap graphics card.  Probably around 16mb. :p

Custom Built Computer #2:
*1.1ghz Processor
*No ram
*No HD
*DVD ROM Drive & CD Burner

HP Pavillion 670n (or something close to that)
*1.8ghz P4 Processor (I don't think it's hyperthreaded, but it might be.  I haven't checked on that)
*No ram
*250gb hard drive
*64mb graphics card

-Printers

I got 2 really nice HP photo printers with preview screens.  No disks, but I can always download the drivers online. :D

-Hard Drives

Here's a list of the HDs I got:

250gb, 160gb, 120gb, 120gb, 80gb, 80gb, 80gb, 80gb, 40gb, 40gb

-Software

I got a HUGE box of software.  The oldest one I could find was from 2003 so they're all fairly new.  If I had to guess, I'd say there was 2,000 disks in that box.

-Accessories

I got 4 USB hubs, 2 keyboards, 2 mice, 5 surge protectors, a lamp (don't ask me why that was in the box), and a lot of CD holders.

-Blank Disks

I've done some math and these aren't exact numbers but they're pretty close.  I got 450 DVD-RW Disks, 1,500 Writable CDs, 200 Writable DVDs, and 100 CD-RW Disks.

-Misc Stuff

Wow.  Where do I start?  There was TONS of crap in there that wasn't computer related.  There was 20 fingernail clippers (all factory sealed in their packages thank god!), a weird gnome figure, a golf ball, a shoe, a microwave, a tennis racket, a remote control that went to some TV, and..........just tons of crap that I didn't need.  :DD

This was such a GREAT DEAL!  I must say it's rather odd though.  I get these sort of deals a lot when repair techs in my area die (we all die at a young age).  It was sorta weird taking a dead guys stuff that I didn't even know, but after doing it several dozen times that weird feeling goes away.  And for those of you wondering if I ripped the guy off, no I didn't.  He was hauling it into the dumpster if I didn't take it and all the stuff looked like such junk I just offered him $40 for it and he took it.  Seriously, the computers looked like they were 10 years old and the stuff was just piled high, but I thought I might be able to get some decent stuff if I got a bunch of it.  There's still a bunch of stuff I have to give to the thrift store (such as those fingernail clippers), but after all that, I'll be a pretty happy camper! :D

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Wow. That's a lot of books. I'll bet those cost a lot to ship. :lol  Who took the picture?
You bet, the shipping was higher than the cost of the books sort of making up for the low price I had to pay for the books themselves :( It was still worth it though ;)
I took the picture myself using an autotimer.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
A stuffed Angel (experiment 624) that I've been looking for for two years.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
1 Kilogram of pure pewter and I mean to put it to good purpose ;)

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Lets see... mainly X-mas gifts

-A halter for my sister and her horse (Yeah, it's X-mas... but don't get a horse loving sister. It's expensive! :lol:)

-A set of comedy DVD's for my cousin
-Some kind of horse thing for my big sis, have no idea what it is :P:
-A new bag for my skiing boots

Have some more errands to do before X-mas eve. Better hurry.

Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Let's see...

A load of presents for my mother (she's a Christmas baby, so double presents :p), decor for the restroom, and presents for my pets :D (stocking of toys for the pooches and a cuttle bone for each bird).  Also, part of my Spring 2009 tuition.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Neverwinter Nights 2, license version... No Christmas presents for anyone, since we're not celebrating it here. :(

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hmm... a candle on the christmas market i think. And before that some lion king stuff.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I got some trade paperback graphic novel stuff of silver bronze age stuff, including some non comic stuff with information about some characters like silver age sci-fi companion and the hellboy companion, in 2 orders, but I'll not open the boxes till Christmas day.  An idea I got when I got the first package, instead of opening it, why not wait till Christmas.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
^ Never trust your allies in that game Andrey ;)
They will attack you without warning from what I experienced.
Very nice graphics though. Do you have it along with the expansion pack (which I don't have)?

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
No, i don't have the "Kingdoms" expansion pack. My allies must never trust me, BTW. :)

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
A new skiing scarf

A skiing bandana that I've come to fancy alot :P:

Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I bought a book for my mom. She loves to cook so I purchased one of the gifts that she wanted for Christmas. (I have very limited amount on my amazon gift card, so it was either get a rare disney DVD or a gift for someone else. I chose the gift for someone else.)

The Dark Patriot

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
A pair of friends for my snugglefish: a 6" Mudkip plushie and a 12" Piplup plushie. Still looking for another large friend for it...

Also a couple of posters: A Halo 3 weapons poster, a Gundam SEED poster, and a PokÈmon poster.