The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What music do you listen to when you do Fanart?

LeventeII

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
We have a lot of artists, and thus I wonder whether some also like to listen to music while doing artwork. Do you listen to music when you do artwork? What kind of?  :)

When I started with Fanart in early 2018, I listened to music from the 80's. Mostly German music from the so-called "Neue Deutsche Welle".
I switched to "Falco", an Austrian singer, in spring. I listened to his music until summer. In summer, I switched entirely to "Rammstein". The first drawing which I drew while I listened to Rammstein was my Hybrid. It didn't change so far, so I still listen to Rammstein.

I think the reason why I prefer to listen to "harder" music like Rammstein than to "calm" music like Bach is, that the harder music is "killing" my frustration. I get easily frustrated when it comes to precision work, and therefore the music helps me to keep going. Some people could get distracted by this kind of music, but for some reason not me. Although I prefer "calm" music when it comes to other types of art like writing because hard and loud music indeed distracts me in these works.

What about you?  :)

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Funny, right now I have just started to listening music while trying to draw something, and then I find this thread.

I am not an artist, but I always listen music that fits to situation I want to show on picture or fiction.
And since I almost never listen songs, I listen only ambients from games or soundtrack from cartoons or movies.
If I create something about existing universe of book/cartoon/movie, I try to find some music from it's universe, or from similar universe. If existing music for some reason doesn't fitting for atmosphere of scenes I create, then I play something completely different that fits situation. Or if it's my original universe - I just play something similar to it.

If it's mystery - I listen mystery ambient, horror - dark ambient, funny - cheerful song, etc.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412