The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Me playing random songs :P

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey, I'm starting up this topic where I'll be posting audio and video (maybe video, we'll see :p) clips of me attempting to play random songs on the keyboard. :lol:

I'm going to start this off with the intro to the Nightwish song, Amaranth:

Nightwish - Amaranth (opening)

I can kind of play the whole song with the right hand but not with the left hand yet. :p
If you're curious though, here's what happens when I try to play the full song. :lol
(I'm playing a keyboard arrangement I wrote. I wrote this with the intention that it is the accompaniment to a flute playing the lead part.  When playing the right hand by itself here, I play some of the lead stuff in this recording, just because...)
Amaranth full, attempted to play :p

If anyone is interested in a PDF of the sheet music I wrote up, I'm willing to share it.
More songs coming eventually! :p

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
BRAVO! *applause*

I personally am not TOO much of a fan of this song. I love the lyrics though :)

Well, I'll love to hear more when you have the time :)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I find that not a lot of Nightwish songs transfer really well to a solo keyboard arrangement, mainly because of trying to figure out what the heck to do with the left hand. :lol:

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oh well, I thought it was very good :) I understand what you mean since Nightwish are always so dynamic, but still I thought it was good.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Haha thanks. :)  I'll see if maybe I can do Cadence of Her Last Breath sometime.  I did Amaranth because I had already done the sheet music for it previously.  Any other would require me to sit down and figure out sheet music. :p

I'd like to do Fantasmic if I could but I just can't see a nice way to convert that into a solo piano thing! :p
not to mention, the keyboard part in Fantasmic originally is pretty brutal.  :lol

I'm finally able to play the opening keyboard part from Gethsemane though (well...kinda), so that makes me happy! :D
It's easier than it sounds but it's still pretty damn hard. :p

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The last one sounded a bit like Nightwish's song "Beauty and the Beast" at the least the beginning part of it.

I never of that song, "Gethsemane".

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Nice  
Heehee, glad ya liked it. :)

do you do that often?
I have been arranging music less often lately, mainly due to it taking a long time.  I more often just enjoy playing simpler versions of songs that I can basically figure out and play while listening to the actual song.  That takes less effort and I'm lazy! :p

Of course, the songs like Amaranth here are more rewarding because I have it physically written down and the result is kind of worth listening to.  I do enjoy playing along with songs for fun though. :) I just find it entertaining and relaxing; a break from working on stuff. B)