The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

I Just Got The "New" Ipad

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I've seen and used Ipads before from clients and friends, and it seemed like a mildly useful gadget for on the road.  I've decided to start offering jailbreaking and unlocking services as part of my business and I need to be able to help clients with iOS device problems so that's why I really got one.  In the past 2 days I've hacked the absolute s**t out of this thing while maintaining its original settings and programming for when clients have questions of me.  And do you know what my conclusion from all this is?  The same it was before I got an Ipad.  Seriously, "what's the point?"  

I really don't get what all the fuss is about these over sized phones that can't make a call.  I tried using my Ipad for the day instead of my computer and it was utterly worthless.  Wow.  I can browse YouTube and post pointless s**t about my life on FaceBook.  Oh, and I can be nickled and dimed to death for every little thing I want to do with this wonderful little thing called an "app."  If there's one thing Apple is good at, it's marketing.  Now making a useful product that's affordable?  That's obviously  not something they're capable of.

The only reason Android tablets have seen ANY sort of traction is because of Apple's marketing and people that either can't afford or don't want to spend the money on an Ipad.  I've also used HP's TouchPad.  And you know what?  It's about 1000x better than the Ipad.  But it didn't succeed.  Why?  Because even a better tablet is pretty useless.  Everyday people don't need tablets.

Now there are some VERY good uses for tablets.  Thinclients.  I'll say it again.  Thinclients.  It offers businesses on the go access to pertinent information through custom apps.  Now that's useful.  Everything else?  Not so much.  I can't believe how good Apple is at brainwashing people into buying useless crap.  I wouldn't be surprised if they sold the iToilet that didn't flush (but it smelled real nice) and people were lining up at the Apple store in order to buy it.  I'm f***ing pissed.  This piece of useless crap goes back to the store tomorrow. :rolleyes:

DIT:  Of course I'm going to need an iOS device to help clients and such, so after returning this $800 paperweight (including the Ipad and extended warranty), I'm going out and buying a nice cheap Ipad 1 and upgrading it to the latest version of iOS.  Yes, yes I know it makes the Ipad 1 extremely slow when you upgrade it.  But I'll just have to hack the crap out of that one too and take out some of the worthless BS Apple's baked into the OS.