The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

One Long Tail

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 This is one of those chapters of every great serie when a protagonist is beginning to learn the truth about itself... and for what can I see it's just that, the answer is not yet there.
 Great chapter GVG :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess this is an lbt earth 2 sort of thing that magic works in.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
This is turning out to be a good story. It gives a good background about your OC that no RP could.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 I cannot agree with you more :yes .

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Oooh. Plot twist. What's with the sharpteeth, what's the secret location, and how in Davey Jones' locker did the others find the gang!?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Quote from: Manny Cav,Jan 9 2008 on  09:03 AM
Oooh. Plot twist. What's with the sharpteeth, what's the secret location, and how in Davey Jones' locker did the others find the gang!?
The sharpteeth you'll learn about in a future chapter....the secret location...you'll find out about soon as well...and I re-edited the chapter so it is better explained how the sharpteeth found the gang....but come on they are sharpteeth...much like Chomper they just used their noses!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Great Valley Guardian,Jan 9 2008 on  11:17 AM
Quote from: Manny Cav,Jan 9 2008 on  09:03 AM
The sharpteeth you'll learn about in a future chapter....the secret location...you'll find out about soon as well...and I re-edited the chapter so it is better explained how the sharpteeth found the gang....but come on they are sharpteeth...much like Chomper they just used their noses!
Sorry, I don't think I was clear enough. :unsure: I meant how did the herd (Littlefoot's grandparents, Topsy, Tria, etc.) find the gang in this secret location the sharpteeth were in?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Manny Cav,Jan 9 2008 on  01:20 PM

Sorry, I don't think I was clear enough. :unsure: I meant how did the herd (Littlefoot's grandparents, Topsy, Tria, etc.) find the gang in this secret location the sharpteeth were in?
The herd didn't find the sharpteeth....the sharpteeth found the herd in the middle of the valley.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Great Valley Guardian,Jan 9 2008 on  03:05 PM
Quote from: Manny Cav,Jan 9 2008 on  01:20 PM

The herd didn't find the sharpteeth....the sharpteeth found the herd in the middle of the valley.
Wow. So the herd doesn't know the secret location, after all. I really didn't catch that. :blink:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well finally here is Chapter 10! Although I gotta warn ya now this particular chapter gets rather bloody...yeah..you'll know it when you get to it...just don't say I didn't warn you...cause I did!

The flyer with the Golden Eye!

ëLittle one, little one….' called Longtails mother ëI need to know if you’re paying attention to me, so I can help you save your friends.’

Longtail looked at his mothers’ spirit in the eyes and said “Why……Why wait so long to tell me…..all I really wanted was to know you were somewhere safe….I….I…” and before he could even start to cry, Longtail’s mother moved around him with her glowing form and told him

ëIt’s okay to shed tears for the ones you love, but only when the time is right and now is….not …..the …time…..do you understand?’

Longtail just nodded his head while holding back his sorrow…..and said “What do I have to do?”

“Wake up, Longtail wake up….please…..We need you….please….”

Then his vision began to darken, and then he tried to blink, but when his vision only got worse….and then the pain returned in a flash of hellish, unending rhythm.

(Que= play ëDie another day’)

His eyes began to flutter and then his left eye opened and upon opening it he could see Teri looking directly into it…crying, and holding him closely in her wings and said

“Please Longtail your friends need you with us now…just open your eyes and look at me….please” Then Teri made the effort to look down to her friend and locked eyes with him for the second time and turned his head to look into his right eye….and made a startling discovery…..

His right eye was bright yellow... “As bright as the Day Circle….I don’t believe it.” Longtail then gave a weak smile and stammered

“T-That’s exactly what I said…..but now is not the time for tears Teri…..you know I-I….I have to protect everyone in this valley right?” Teri simply nodded her head and released her grip on Longtail’s body

Longtail closed his eyes once more, took a deep breath of fresh air, and stood up facing the Valley herd and opened both of his eyes again to show them just what had happened to him…..

….And then he turned his attention to Dark tooth and showed them as well…..said three simple words that would show the others his true devotion and pride in his friends…..

“You failed Dark-tooth” And then he continued to speak, but when he did he noticed his voice had changed as well. It was darker, more commanding, and deeper….. ëAlmost like a real sharptooth’ thought Teri.

“Your end is now Dark-tooth….and you don’t stand a chance.”

With his very next action Longtail moved faster than any flyer or sharptooth ever seen before.  Unfortunately for almost everyone….they blinked….so of course two-thirds of the valley herd completely missed his lighting fast move.

But the next thing anyone knew Longtail had, for all combative purposes won! Longtail had his beak clamped around Dark-tooth’s mouth, his talons with their sharp edges were holding her arms, and his abnormally long tail was in fact holding her legs in place…..

Then something unexpected happened….a sky-fire storm started in the sky above the valley….and although this surprised everyone in the valley….the only ones not to notice were the two bitter enemies locked in mortal combat…..and one of them was about to lose their life to the other…..

Dark-tooth then screamed something in her native sharptooth language, and to Longtail’s amazement….he actually understood her! “For every sin I’ll have to pay…..and you will too little one!” At that remark longtail only narrowed his eyes into slits making sure to put more pressure on her mouth to get her to shut up…….and then retorted

HERE IT COMES!

“I guess I’ll die another day!” Then he began to pull his face back, further and further…..until a noise could be heard throughout the entire valley. At first many including the surrounding sharpteeth thought it to be a rock slide……but then they all made a rather grotesque discovery…as the sound was actually coming from Dark-tooth’s neck! And with one last forceful pull……Dark-tooth’s head, was violently ripped from her body, spraying blood everywhere within a ten meter radius of the two fighters

A/N: (End song)

As Longtail stepped off and stared at the disembodied head of the sharptooth that had plagued his sleep-stories for weeks on end……he could finally relax, and then he did one of the simplest things in the world, he dropped Dark-tooth's head as he looked up at the other sharpteeth and said…“Boo”

And with that all the remaining sharpteeth fled from the valley….and just as they left the meeting circle sky-water began to fall upon the Great Valley, cleaning away the blood, and gore that was recently deposited onto the once emerald, green grass.

Then as the sky-water continued to fall….Longtail turned around while never meeting anyone’s gaze….truth be told he just wanted to be alone to think…..but nobody moved….some just sat there unblinking….and then someone could be heard clapping over the sound of the sky-water.

“That was most impressive young one….I’d ask you to do it again, but you look a little stressed out…..and you’ve scared away the remaining sharpteeth.” came a light-hearted, yet stern voice from the back of the herd.

Of course, Longtail too tired to really want to fight again simply slumped into the grass beneath him and said…. “Whoever you are, you’re either here to help me….or hurt me….but either way it makes no difference to me….just do what you came to do.” Then the stranger walked into what little avalible light was left during the storm and this stranger turned out to be none other than…..

“A RAINBOW FACE!?” cried Cera, then she realized that Littlefoot was looking at her and then she noticed her mistake….she didn’t mean to say it so loud she started to blush from embarrassment.

The rainbow face walked past Teri and she looked up to meet his gaze and asked “Will he be okay?” The rainbow face then looked down to meet Teri eye-to-eye, and replied

“I think he will, but your friend will need your help, just as much as mine….maybe more.” Then he continued to walk towards Longtail…..and upon reaching the depressed looking child…..the rainbow face whispered in his ear….

“I can help you control the anger and the hurt inside you, but you must first be willing to trust me……and rely on your friends….and your family to survive this.”

Longtail’s left eye shot open and although he whispered his response the rainbow face could hear the anguish and fear in his oddly monotone voice.

“What do you know about MY family…..I don’t even know who you are….how dare you walk into this peaceful valley and claim to even mention my family to me!”

The rainbow face nodded his head in response and told him “I completely agree with you….I shouldn’t have mentioned your family…..before I told you who I was……”

Somehow Longtail was absolutely sure he wasn’t going to like this answer at all, but he braced for it mentally anyway.

When the rainbow face finally gave his answer he said it slowly and carefully so the flyer wouldn’t get confused

“I……am……..your………

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Thanks for the warning, but better than that is the foreshadowing you gave to the chapter, specially at it's end :yes .
 Keep it up!

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I am your ************.

I believe I know how that quote ends, but I have censored my ending of it.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
pretty bloody and crisly spot, and a cliffhanger ending, though most who are in the rp threads can guess what he's about to say, maybe writely or wrongly.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well...because I'm bored here's Chapter 11! Enjoy!

One Long Tale

He blinked once, then twice, and then several more times just to make sure he wasn’t dreaming….then he stood up and looked the new comer straight in the eye and whispered “Say it again.”

The rainbow face of course knew this would be the reaction to his news…..but he let it slide and repeated himself once more

“I am your uncle….don’t you remember me Longtail? I was there the day you hatched on the island.”

This new feeling wasn’t just shock…it was outright confusion. He didn’t know what to say or do…in fact this was such a massive shock to him that his right eye shot open, then immediately dilated and returned to it’s original quartz pink color.

His mind was reeling, and his heart was racing, but dispite his current distress, Longtail manage to stand his ground for a few more seconds before his vision began to double, and his head began to ache, rather badly…..then as if by some miracle a boulder sitting behind him broke his fall backwards.

Although Littlefoot and the others wanted to rush to Longtails side, the adults around them were holding them back. “Me hope he okay.” said Petrie under his breath to no one in particular.

As the rainbow face walked slowly up to Longtails side, he began to wonder if coming here was such a good idea when suddenly a moan escaped the flyers beak followed by two words….

“U-Uncle Cyrix?” at that point the rainbow face beamed with pride and happiness as his nephew finally came to his senses.

“Yes, yes my nephew it is me….I can understand if you have many questions to…..” his voice however was broken mid-sentence as the flyer swiftly and forcibly embraced his uncle with a hug and still at a whisper said…

“I-I-thought I was the only…..one…who…m-made it off…I had no idea…” of course his uncle was taken aback….and said “My nephew…I wasn’t even on the island the day that tragedy happened…I was with a wondering herd…looking for something special.”

This caught Longtails’ attention and he asked “Something special….like what?” His uncle simply replied with a shake of his head and said “Not today…maybe when we’ve had a chance to catch up with each others past.”

Then a voice screamed from behind the two in the center, and it was no other than Cera’s dad Topsy who then said

“Listen child…I don’t know who or what you are, but you will tell us NOW…or I’ll see you…” but before he could continue Longtail abruptly cut him off.

“Okay you really want to know about my past and where I’m from….” At that point Littlefoot and Ali exchanged worried looks with each other as Longtail continued “…then you all might want to sit down…this is going to be a very long story.”

Then Longtail sat down in the grass beneath him and began to tell the story of how he came to be and what happened between then and now. As the story continued many in the valley turned out to hear this and as it continued, many of those same valley members began to shed tears, some only shook there heads in awe, some much like Topsy and Mr. Clubtail showed no emotion at all.

About halfway through the story a yawn could be heard coming from none other than Littlefoot himself…then several others followed some from the other children, some from one or two of the adults in the circle meaning only one thing…

“I do believe it’s time we all headed for the nest.” said Cyrix and almost immediately a large and symphonic ëAWW’ leapt from Littlefoot and the others. But before they could argue Longtail then stated

"My uncle is probably right you guys….” a yawn then escaped his beak as he finished his sentence “We do need our rest and besides I’ll finish telling the story tomorrow anyway.”

Then the inhabitants started to turn away and as they did a chill came over Longtail, almost akin to a shock. It felt like someone was watching him, from the shadows, Longtail told himself he was being paranoid, but then the trees above him swayed to and fro, and then he thought he saw a figure standing in the trees, but because of the shadows within he couldn’t exactly identify where the movement came from….but he continued to stare at one point in particular…he was sure he saw SOMETHING….then his Uncle Cyrix broke his focus by saying…

“Are you coming Longtail? Or will I have to tell the others to start sleeping without you?” “No, no I’m coming!” yelled Longtail “Well then hurry up nephew.” Called his uncle

Just before he ran to catch up to the others, he looked back one more time and this time felt his eyes actually searching for whatever that thing was in the shadows…but with a huff of annoyance Longtail stormed off to the sleeping place for the night…….however the young flyer didn’t know how keen his instincts actually were, for stepping forth from the very shadows the dark ominous figure then stated…

“Don’t worry child very, very soon you’ll know who I am and why you are my target….”

The next morning…

As everyone greeted the day with a series of yawns and grunts…Littlefoot and Ali sprung to life with a look of pure joy on their faces’.  Then as everyone crowded around the meeting circle wanting to hear the end of Longtail’s story, his uncle slowly and carefully walked into the clearing, with Longtail being held in his uncles mouth sleeping soundly; that is until Cyrix forcibly shook his head and woke the poor flyer up.

“huh….wha…?” questioned Longtial in his sleep induced haze and then his uncle very gently placed him on the ground and nudged him into the morning light.

“I believe you were going to finish your story young one.” said Littlefoots grandmother. Then Longtail looked around and satisfied that the majority of the valley was once again seated and waiting with anticipating to hear the end of the story

“Okay, okay, now where was I when I stopped last night?” thought Longtail out-loud by mistake.

“You were just about to tell us about how you met Dark-tooth and her clan, yep,yep,yep.” said ducky with smile on her little green face.

Then just as Longtail opened his mouth to continue...a sound could be heard rising from an unknown source. Then Cyrix looked upon his nephew to see a look of anguish on his face, and then he asked a very simple question “My nephew, have you eaten yet today?”

“Eaten?” asked Longtail with a confused look on his face.

“You know….green food, sweet bubbles, anything?!” asked Cera.

Longtail then looked into the sky, thinking about the last time he had actually eaten any food….then answered….

“Not since I came into the Great Valley.” Said Longtail with a weak smile and another grumble rose from his stomach.

“You mean to tell us that you haven’t had a single bite to eat after you came into the Great valley seven days ago?!” cried Ceras’ father

“Yep that’s about right….unfortunately I would go and get the food my self, but now I’m still too tired I can’t seem to find the strength to get up; let alone get my own food…” he managed another weak smile and simply nodded his head in shame.

“Argh….fine I’ll go and get you some tree-stars or something….” called Cera from in front of Tria. “….Just don’t finish the story until I get back!”

With that Cera stormed off into the nearby forest to get Longtail some food, then someone else spoke up out of the crowd.

“I can finally see why my daughter is so interested in having a friend who can go for seven days without food…not too many flyers can say that with a smile on their faces.”

Despite being drained of energy…he still felt a chill go down his spine when the mysterious figure spoke…..  ëAlmost like he said that inside my head…but that’s not possible….at least I don’t think it’s possible…or maybe that's still me from being half asleep’ said Longtail to himself

Then Petrie’s mother spoke up to the new comer “Hello Onyx…long time no see…how is little Teri?”

The two facts suddenly clicked into place and he shouted rather loudly “Your Terri’s father?!”  

Then the new flyer designated as Onyx, was jet black, with purple irises, and something akin to a mystical aurora around him.  Then he spoke again…

“Your name is Longtail isn’t it….well I hope to hear the end of your exciting story…” and then another voice cut in “…As do I”

Then Longtail began to blush again when none other than Teri sat down in front of her father, and blinked.

Just then Cera returned with a mouthful of tree-stars and sweet-bubbles, set them down in front of Longtail and said

“There are more sweet bubbles in that bush over their….” She pointed to the bush with her horn “…If you need more okay?”

Longtail nodded his head while silently mouthing a ëthank you’ to her…then after consuming three tree-stars, and four sweet-bubbles, he said once again….

“Okay, now back to the story…..”

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Nice! I always enjoy reading this fanfic. And even with more updates, more foreshadowing came, that makes it more interesting... and it was very mean to make your character eat nothing for a week :angry: ... joking, keep it up! :D .

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well after a while here is Chapter 12! YAY!

Flashback to Reality

(A/N: when telling flashbacks the POV will switch to the narrator…just a heads up!)

As the child was continuing his seemingly endless walk thought the Mysterious Beyond…something caught his eye. It moved so fast the child could swear he’d almost seen nothing at all….but it just scratched at the back of his head…and begged investigation.

ëIt seems whenever I get this feeling to go look at something…I always end up in more trouble than I really want.’ said the young flyer to himself

As he came up over a hill, he could see a beautiful oasis, covered with trees and ferns, and even a large pool of water…but he could also see the one thing he couldn’t escape…pure, uncontrollable chaos!

His heart began to race as he looked down into the oasis and saw sharpteeth chasing and in some places consuming innocent members of a wandering herd. He was scared, there was no doubt about that, but he just couldn’t let these innocent dinosaurs be eaten if he could help it.

The child decided to do the only thing he knew how to do…and put his life at risk to save others. But first he needed a plan….and it came rather easily….as he looked around the young flyer noticed a whole nest full of eggs….but not just any eggs

“Sharpteeth eggs!” then the flyer had his best idea yet. Slowly crawling down towards the tall grass and when he got close enough he shouted at the top of his lungs

“Hey Sharpteeth!” and then in another brilliant move the flyer wrapped his elongated tail around the edge of the nest and waited for the sharpteeth to get closer.

Then the leader showed it’s face….or more precise HER face. “My name is Dark-tooth…..give me those eggs NOW CHILD!”

However not to be scared so easily the blue flyer took two steps back and said

“Let the herd go and I will return your eggs to where they belong and you’ll never see me again.” Dark-tooth thought this over for all of three seconds before she said “Do as the flyer says, we cannot risk our future children.”

The leader of the wandering herd looked back at who had just given their live to save the herd and was surprised to see it was none other than a child….. “He’s just a kid…how can he hope to survive.”

Then just as the herd was out of sight the Pink-eyed flyer looked around to see he was in a semi-circle of sharpteeth at least a dozen strong….knowing he couldn’t fight them all, he honored his end of the deal….by throwing the nest full of eggs into a chasm as deep as the mountains were high….so far in fact that the sound of the eggs breaking could not be heard.

Then the Pink-eyed flyer said something that Dark-tooth would remember for the rest of her life….

“The first rule of the Mysterious Beyond is never trust a sharptooth, or a stranger….YOU FREAK!!”

But before he could continue Longtail was interrupted by Cera’s father Topsy who just had something of a revelation.

“YOU!!” he shouted startling the others around him “This is all you’re fault! I knew we should have kicked you out of the Valley the moment you walked in!”

“What are you talking about?” questioned Tria then Topsy snorted in disgust “I can’t believe none of you remember what happened!”

Then Littlefoots grandmother chimed in “Please Mr. Threehorn please calm down, you’re scaring the young ones.”  Topsy walked up to Longtail and once again they were face-to-face with one another….and he said

“The reason we began migrating to the Great Valley in the first place….this freak right here started the Great Sharptooth Rebellion!”

That last statement was enough to get the rest of the herd into a flutter of comments and whispers amongst each other…then Topsy told Longtail….

“Why don’t YOU tell them….you flyer….” “But it can’t be….a mere child began the great rebellion against the sharpteeth….IMPOSSIBLE!” cried Mr. Clubtail

“But it is true….at least part of it is….it was said a child did something to a herd of sharpteeth and they swore revenge on all flat-teeth.” called Mr. Thicknose from the back of the meeting circle

“Is it true Longtail, did you really start the Sharptooth rebellion?” asked Littlefoot’s grandfather and when Longtail answered he looked at everyone with a grim nod of his head and then said

“Yes it is my fault, but you see I ran after that….because…” “Because you were a coward you silly little child!” shouted Topsy cutting Longtail off once more.

“NO!” shouted Longtail at Cera's dad “I did it because if I hadn’t I would’ve died for sure!” then Cyrix walked in-between Longtail and Topsy and said

“My nephew I do believe you have a story to finish….Mr. Threehorn please take your seat.” Topsy then roared at the top of his lungs “HOW DARE YOU!” Longtail then stood up and said

“Look I’m sorry if I could take it back I would but now with Dark-tooth dead….the Sharptooth rebellion is finally over….so now if you will excuse me I need to get a few more sweet-bubbles….I’m still kinda hungry.”

As Longtail began to walk towards the bush Cera had mentioned earlier…Topsy foot stopped him cold. “You are going nowhere child, you know this isn’t over….not so long as her two brothers live!”

Longtail looked puzzled at first then said “Two I thought she only had one?”

“No she has two others….a hunter by the name of Redclaw and a fast-biter whose name escapes me at the moment.” exclaimed Mr. Thicknose

“Well then there is only one thing left to do….” Said Topsy in a matter-of-factly voice. “And that would be what exactly?” asked Petrie’s mother

“We send Longtail out into the Mysterious beyond to finish what he started….it’s that simple and it’ll get the him away from our young ones!” said Topsy with a confident grin on his face.

“You do know I’m still standing right here right Mr. Threehorn?” said Longtail  “I could care less if you were stuck in a tree, hanging by some vines right in front of me….and asking for help…" then he lowered his voice to a whisper and said “…I would only make it worse on purpose myself.”

Then Longtail then also murmured “Mr. Threehorn…..I hope that day never comes……for your sake……." then Longtail walked off towards the sweet-bubble bush to find some more breakfast….

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 This is becoming very interesting, and you did include a canon character too, this will add some extra taste to this. And I can that Longtail really has a big personality, since not everyone can answer in that way to Cera's father :^.^: .
 Keep it up!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Very few do for some reason in the movies and tv series.  There needs to be more who do that sort of thing.  The characterization seems well done and there is a good stopping point.  Not every one has to be a cliffhanger.