The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Auctioning off LBT stuff on eBay.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I have found, in these cash-stricken and tough economic times, that I've had to put up a few things to auction on eBay in order to get some extra money. Some of it's stuff that I never would have used anyway that had no value whatsoever to me, and some of it I kind of wanted to keep, but, whatever.

What I'm posting about here is that, for the aforementioned reason, I'm selling off my The Land Before Time stuff in one lot. In one way, it's kind of an end of an era for me, but this is something that I feel like I have to do at this point, given the circumstances. I hardly use this stuff, anyway, and maybe there's somewhere out there, perhaps even at this message board, that would get better use out of it. I intend to post it on eBay on January 15, but before doing so, I wanted to entertain the notion of possibly working out a deal with someone here on it. Pictures of the stuff are located here. For reference, here's what my eBay description will look like:
This auction is for a collection of The Land Before Time items. Included in the auction are all things pictured above:

• The Land Before Time VHS in a sleeve.

• The Land Before Time II: The Great Valley Adventure VHS in a clam shell.

• The Land Before Time III: The Time of the Great Giving VHS in a clam shell.

• The Land Before Time IV: Journey Through the Mists VHS in a clam shell.

• The Land Before Time Sing Along Songs Burger King Screening Cassette VHS in a clam shell. This is a particularly rare item. The contents of the video are the same as the regular The Land Before Time Sing Along Songs VHS released in 1997, but this is a special version available only through Burger King back in the day. It was, according to information printed on the front and back of the clam shell, a "FULL-LENGTH SCREENING CASSETTE with PROMOTIONAL TRAILER". Instructions on the front say, "Please return to your sales representative after viewing. This does NOT represent final video sleeve art." Information on the back directed at the viewer explain in detail MCA/UNIVERSAL HOME VIDEO's advertising campaign for consumer impressions, including LBT distributions at "over 7,000 Burger KingÆ restaurants nationwide". The promotion lasted May through June 1997, with a statement that, "The Land Before TimeÆ SingïAlongïSongs ARRIVES MAY 13, 1997!" I've watched the video from end to end, and find that the contents are essentially the same as the regular consumer/retail version eventually released, with ten songs from the movies, including a special version of "If We Hold On Together" sung by Cera's and Ducky's voice actors Anndi McAfee and Aria Curzon, respectively, who took their roles after LBT IV. The songs are preceded by informational sections about real dinosaurs.

• The Land Before Time X: The Great Longneck Migration DVD in case. Very good condition, but there is sticker residue at the top of the plastic cover protecting the front artwork. Complete with liner notes. The security sticker is still inside.

• The Land Before Time XI: Invasion of the Tinysauruses DVD in case. Very good condition. Complete with liner notes. The security sticker is still inside.

• The Land Before Time XII: The Great Day of the Flyers DVD in case. Very good condition. Complete with liner notes and the special DVD case sleeve. The liner notes include a now-expired coupon. The security sticker is still inside.

• The Land Before Time XIII: The Wisdom of Friends DVD in case. Includes the episode "The Hidden Canyon" from the Cartoon Network The Land Before Time television series. Very good condition. Complete with liner notes and the special DVD case sleeve. The bottom section of a page of the liner notes was cut by me because it was a now-expired coupon, and I tired to use it, but the store didn't take it, so I put it back in. The security sticker is still inside.

• The Land Before Time: Amazing Adventures! DVD in case. Includes the following episodes from the television series: "The Cave of Many Voices", "Canyon of the Shiny Stones", "The Meadow of Jumping Water", and "The Spooky Nighttime Adventure." Complete with liner notes. The bottom section of a page of the liner notes was cut by me because it was a now-expired coupon, and I tired to use it, but the store didn't take it, so I put it back in. The security sticker is still inside.

• The Songs From The Land Before Time CD. The CD and case are in like new condition. The CD contains the following songs from the movies: 1 You Are One Of Us Now (from LBT II), 2 When You're Big (LBT III), 3 Kids Like Us (LBT III), 4 Peaceful Valley (LBT II), 5 Who Needs You (LBT IV), 6 Standing Tough (LBT III), 7 Grandma's Lullaby (LBT IV), 8 Eggs (LBT II), 9 It Takes All Sorts (LBT IV), and 10 If We Hold On Together, a special version of the Diana Ross song from the original movie that's sung by Aria Curzon and Anndi McAfee. It's very pretty in my opinion. I've listened to the CD just to make sure it doesn't skip, and I can assure you that it doesn't. This is a very rare CD that's extremely hard to find. Even used prices are up the roof on other shopping websites, and I certainly couldn't find one in any given condition on the rest of eBay.

• Large 14" Littlefoot plushie from KELLYTOY.

• Large 14" Cera plushie from KELLYTOY.

• Large 14" Ducky plushie from KELLYTOY.

• Large 14" Petrie plushie from KELLYTOY.

• Large 14" Spike plushie from KELLYTOY.

• Small Cera toy that squirts air out of a small hole in the mouth, typical of small kids' toys of its era.

Each of the aforementioned DVDs and VHS tapes are in very good condition. All have been tested, and there is no fuzz on the VHS tapes or skipping on the CD and DVDs. All are complete, and the CD and DVDs come with the appropriate liner notes. The plushies are in very good condition, with no rips on the fabric. The tags are still attached, though they are slightly bent. More pictures are located here. Feel free to ask for more pictures. I never put reserve prices on my auctions, so bid with confidence. The shipping price includes tracking and insurance.

I'll need to receive payment before shipping the item. As per eBay's rules, I only accept PayPal. If you're bidding on other items of mine or are considering it, fell free to contact me and ask about combining shipping to receive a discount on the shipping of your purchases from me. I'll accept alternate delivery methods for faster shipping, but you'll get the fastest results if you contact me about this before the auction ends or paying for it. The shipping cost will be updated accordingly. While the item shouldn't take more than 12 days to arrive after being shipped and almost always arrives in less than 7, sometimes the carrier has issues, they get delayed or temporarily misplace the shipment, issues arise at international borders and customs, etc. If them item doesn't arrive within 31 days of shipping, you'll be allowed a refund according to my refund policy. If you find anything in the transaction that would make you rate me anything other than 5 stars in any DSR category (Item as described, Communication, Shipping time, and Shipping and handling charges), please feel free to contact me. Further shipping, return policy, and feedback details are provided in the Shipping and payments tab above.

Now, assuming you're interested, you can send me a personal message or email (or post in this topic if the PM system isn't working), and we'll work out a price of some kind. You can pay me three basic ways. First is the eBay way, PayPal. Pay this way, and I can send the box of stuff instantly. If I get paid for selling on eBay, I get hit with a fee because it was a purchase, but this way, it can be a personal transfer between us, and there are no fees involved. Second is a check through the mail if you have an aversion with PayPal. I can't send the box until the check arrives and has been cashed with the actual money in my hand, verifying that the check's not hot. Plus, you've got to hope the check arrives. I can't do much if the check gets lost in the mail, though. I can't be held liable for that. Third, if you're a real daredevil, you can attempt to send raw cash through the mail. You still have to wait for me to get it, but I can send the box at once at that point. Just remember, though: if the United States Postal Service or whatever carrier you use fumbles the shipment of money, I'm not liable. Do remember one thing, though: There's a lot of stuff here, some of it fairly common commodities, some of it really rare stuff, and plenty of movies, shows, and the sing along thing to go with them, so I'm going to want this to be worth my while. Again, send me a personal message to work out a deal, but keep the combined value of this stuff in mind, since I've already done online research to determine the lowest prices this stuff goes for, and have determined what my eBay starting price will be.

General Discussions is for non-LBT stuff, and this message board is said to be for anything not directly related to the films or show, so this looked to be the best place to post it. If I have done wrong in doing so, feel free to move this topic.

EDIT: I've heard tell that the PM system isn't working, so you can also post here or use the email function that Invision Free has.