The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Journey of the Brave (LBT 14)

Mumbling · 763 · 114514

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: LBTDiclonius,Jul 31 2015 on  05:18 PM

I also can't wait to hear all the scREAMING.
Right?  :lol
8 years with TGOF :yum

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Some strong negativity goin' on in here...

I mean you're free to dislike what you see but almost as if acting like someone stole your childhood. I mean really lol  :lol

I think it was very obvious the film would be a mix of the later sequels and/or tv show

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Everybody's free to their opinion, but I'm seeing an increasing amount of negativity and the film has not even been released yet😕.  This is a LBT sequel, not an Oscar winner we're talking about here.  My expectations aren't high.  I'm just glad to see a continuation to a series I adore and will certainly show my future kids😉.

I shouldn't be surprised to see negative remarks being made about the Southern dialect, but on a forum that embraces diversity where the main focus is about a series that embraces diversity, I'm quite shocked.  I'm Southern and I love the way my demographic talks.  I don't hate any dialect out there or find people annoying for it, but each to their own I guess😛.  The entertainment industry has been known to discriminate against certain dialects, but it seems they're finally accepting language and dialect diversity.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
I agree with Cancerian Tiger, we've really only seen a small portion of the film. And we have to remember that the main demographic is younger children- the series of sequels is and always has been in a completely different genre than the original. There are certain silly things that are to be expected in these kinds of films. Of course, the writing has been better in the past, but I'm still just holding out for 'better than 13' :lol
I didn't mind Hot and Stinky at all, it's pretty cute, and it's really just a bonus song anyways.
It is kind of weird that Littlefoot seems to think scent masking is an original idea, especially after it was used so extensively in LBT 5, but again, they are not targeting this series to a nitpicky older audience :smile

I like Reba's performance so far, and her character seems more expressive than what we've seen of the other adults. I'm still excited for this film, I'll definitely be watching it with my son when the preorder gets here :yes

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
A dinosaur might seem naked because it technically is, Bruton.

Reba is much better at the voice acting than I was expecting from her.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
All I'm saying, thank god LBT 13 isn't the last one in the series.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
but I'm still just holding out for 'better than 13' :lol

Yup, still doing the same thing as you, Wolf. 13 is the bar for me. If it's any better than that, I'll be happy with it. Let's not get our expectations up so high, people. About the only thing we should be expecting is it to be much like the other later sequels, and that's just the feeling I'm getting from these few clips.

And I guess the "Wah, the southern talking flyer is racists!" is just like years ago, when they were saying "Guido is such a Jewish stereotype!" "Doc is just a giant walking western cliche!" and other stuff. That stuff doesn't really bother me. It might make me cringe sometimes, but I usually end up getting some entertainment out of it, at least. :DD

Also, were all forgetting the great gift that's being bestowed upon us. A gift we'd never thought we'd get again.

CAPTION FODDER!!!!

We finally will have new pictures to write captions for! Just think of the awkward animation! The animation mistakes! All the random expressions that only show for a single frame that would get just the perfect captions! Think of all the characters looking embarrassed or constipated, or disgusted that will be perfect for all those toilet humor captions a certain couple of you love to write so much of? How about those kinda suggestive frames that a certain other member loves to put up, just to see how far he can go? :lol Plus, for me, we're getting new Chomper material for captions! It's gonna be fun!

...yeah.

Just trying to find something positive that no one else has mentioned. I guess we could start using them for captions now? I don't know if some people would count that as spoilers, and detest it, but It'd probably be fun, at least.  :)littlefoot
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Lol, that's why I chose Standard to see if anything changes

edit: we can be shipping buddies

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Quote from: LettuceBacon&Tomato,Jan 22 2016 on  05:43 PM
Also, What exactly is the value of value?
Value is... slightly free-er? :lol

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dalekdino,Jan 22 2016 on  12:56 PM
Quote from: Bruton the Iguanodon,Jan 22 2016 on  06:30 PM

The Hot and Stinky song is as horrid as I thought it would be. I know I'm going to be skipping over it when I watch the film. It almost gave me second thoughts about buying it.

Glad I'm not the only one who hates hot and stinky ( or hot and sh**ty as I like to call if.) And will skip it when watching the film..
Lol, great nickname.  Fits it well! :lol

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkWolf91,Jan 22 2016 on  03:43 PM

It is kind of weird that Littlefoot seems to think scent masking is an original idea, especially after it was used so extensively in LBT 5
Yeah, although this isn't the first time continuity has been an issue.

Oh, and Campion1, what I was saying was simply that Etta's coloring choice (all one color instead of having a belly-color like the rest) just makes her stick out from other dinosaurs like a sore thumb, and makes her appearence feel like it's lacking something. I hope that explains it better.  

Also, an interesting thought came to mind after reading the paralells to LBT 5. The effects of the stinkweed in that movie seemed to make Chomper's father less eager to eat the gang, but the plated sharptooth obviously didn't mind. Which made me wonder---was he hunting them for food, or was he a cold-blooded murderer? It actually wouldn't surprise me---I mean, this was the guy who was willing to take on two sharpteeth his own size. (But did they have to make him cry when Chomper bit his tale?  :rolleyes )

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
Commenting on the half a million things that have been said thus far...

I was tempted not to watch the clips last night myself...but what the heck, I did anyway. Needless to say, I see that everything looks promising. Not first movie promising, but then none of the sequels will ever match the quality of the first movie, as we all know.

As far as the voice actors go for the most part, the new Littlefoot does a remarkable job, and is matched perfectly with the rest of the gang's VAs being reunited, all of whom sound better than ever, with the possible exception of Ducky...I'm not sure I really dig Aria anymore...  :( Both Chomper and Ruby sound promising as well. As far as the adults go...meh. I'm glad Miriam Flynn is back, and I'm assuming Tress MacNeille is still doing Ducky's and Petrie's moms; I'm not quite sure if it's her there. The replacement actors...well, the guy doing Topsy isn't too bad, if not a bit too deep in places. Grandpa, on the other hand, is too deep and much less elderly sounding for my liking, thus going to prove how much we'll all miss Kenneth Mars and John Ingle...

Seems like this Wild Arms character appears to not be as comical as I thought he would be, though I could be wrong. He seems to be interesting from the clips I watched.  :yes  Etta seems to be a cool character as well, though I'm not sure why negativity is suddenly being drawn to the voice. I mean, like everyone has already said, everyone is entitled to their personal opinions and beliefs, but why draw attention to the southern dialect? I'm used to said dialects, but maybe it's because I grew up on country music and I've heard many of Reba's hit songs, so perhaps it's just me.  ;)

Anyways, as far as "Hot and Stinky" goes...again, why the horridness? It's actually very catchy. Probably taking my vote as my favorite song in the movie, though we've yet to hear two other songs, so I've yet to make it official. Through its' catchiness, however, comes the obvious fact that new songwriters, in my opinion, are needed, particularly in the musicality of it. I'd like to see new styles (Broadway, 80's rock, Carpenters, etc.), new tempos, maybe more ballads, whatever the case may be, I'd love to see that happen. But then again, you can't have everything in a franchise targeted to 3-7 year olds rather than those in the 18-34 audience.  ;)

Finally, to comment on vonboy: I certainly can't wait for fresh new captions! Perhaps me and certain other members can do about a thousand more wee-wee jokes.  :lol

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I just want to mention that Hot and Stinky does sort of remind me of Friends for Dinner, a song I hate but which I know others at least find amusing, so I'm not surprised if some end up liking it.

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
^Honestly, I'm hearing Friends for Dinner all over the place in that song.  :smile

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I'm liking what I see! I did notice some weird pauses inbetween dialogue in the clip where Spike finds the staircase. In fact, the background music in general seems oddly quiet in some places, so much so that it almost sounds like it's not there at all.

I love Etta so far-- she's a bit like Swooper. Actually, she's a lot like Swooper. I like how they seem to be touching on the idea of Littlefoot finally leading his friends into a situation that's too big for them to handle and feeling guilty about it-- it shows the sense of responsibility he feels as a leader and simply as their friend.

Glad to see Ruby and Chomper-- Ruby looks and sounds exactly the same, so a perfect transition from the TV series. Chomper's voice actor does a good job, but the design is a little funny in the shot we see him in. Looks like his head got a lot wider, I don't know. I know the new voices for Grandpa Longneck and Topsy are a bit jarring but it's better to take them as they are instead of trying hear if they match the old ones. I also agree on the brightness thing, and was it me, or did the Great Valley seem really empty in that shot? I know this is probably a family issue, but I'd've expected a rock circle meeting for this kind of thing.

Hot and Stinky, I gotta admit, I don't really like. For now, anyway-- it's too soon to tell. I don't think it's the lyrics so much as the music-- it sounds too simple, and combined with the cheery animation it just didn't seem catchy to me. I don't quite find it funny either since it's so one-note. But, hey, it's just one song, and Look For the Light will probably more than make up for it. I also don't like the fact that they're adding those little slide whistle sounds whenever someone falls-- was that ever there before?

But anyway, I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. Can't wait till it comes out!

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: Bruton the Iguanodon,Jan 23 2016 on  01:01 AM
Quote from: Dalekdino,Jan 22 2016 on  12:56 PM
Quote from: Bruton the Iguanodon,Jan 22 2016 on  06:30 PM

The Hot and Stinky song is as horrid as I thought it would be. I know I'm going to be skipping over it when I watch the film. It almost gave me second thoughts about buying it.

Glad I'm not the only one who hates hot and stinky ( or hot and sh**ty as I like to call if.) And will skip it when watching the film..
Lol, great nickname.  Fits it well! :lol
:)littlefoot  Glad you like it. Also glad I'm not the only one who hates friends for dinner too.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: The Anonymous Person,Jan 23 2016 on  01:33 AM

Finally, to comment on vonboy: I certainly can't wait for fresh new captions! Perhaps me and certain other members can do about a thousand more wee-wee jokes.  :lol
Yes one of the positive things I can say about the film is that me and you will have a wide choice of scenes to cap and making more toilet humour, mild rude humour, pop culture references etc .

Plus it will give me ideas for new Bambo scenes too. I already thought of one for the hot and stinky scene.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Ooh, ooh, new clips! I love these new clips!

I also don't understand the negativity towards Reba's Southern accent. As if there weren't stereotypes before, like someone else said. At least she's no Yellowbelly from what we've seen, you gotta give her credit for that. In fact, she personally reminds me a bit of Archie (and not just because of the cave-in backdrop). As for the discussion about her color scheme, I find it okay, and I don't see what's missing in there.

I think "Hot and Stinky" isn't as bad as some people are saying, but I actually wouldn't give it an easy thumbs-up either. Maybe when I get the DVD and hear out the song again on my own time, I probably might come to like it. But for now, it's all "okay" for me.

Grandpa Longneck and Topsy. ... ... ... Their voices are okay, but it's obviously gonna take some time to get used to them.

Still no address to the issue of whether this film takes place before or after the TV series, since Chomper and Ruby are there without the adults reacting in any way. Something tells me it might be set after the series, since Ruby tells Chomper that they should follow the adults without letting them know, implying that the adults already have a level of concern towards their well-being. That obviously doesn't prove much of anything, but it's an unshakable feeling.

I find this new art to be a bit awkward for me, but I guess I'll get used to it.

Despite any gripes I have with what I'm seeing, I'm still excited for this and can't wait till it comes out. :D

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Haha, who would've guessed tomboyish Cera would turn out to be the germaphobe of the Gang😂?