The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Journey of the Brave (LBT 14)

Mumbling · 763 · 114465

SuperGameWarrior101

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Jan 23 2016 on  05:32 PM
Haha, who would've guessed tomboyish Cera would turn out to be the germaphobe of the Gang😂?
And she should've remembered that she got in the mud at one point.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Jan 23 2016 on  05:32 PM
Haha, who would've guessed tomboyish Cera would turn out to be the germaphobe of the Gang😂?
I dunno, wasn't she the one who almost chose being eaten over going in the stinkweed in movie 5?  :lol

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Lol, you're both right about those scenes.  Seems like Cera is selective about her germaphobia like Ducky is about her acrophobia.  Continuity issues, I suppose😉.

I don't mind the Gang's voices.  Cera even sounds higher pitched, like how she sounded in movies one through four.  Mr. Threehorn and Grandpa Longneck will take some getting used to, and I don't think Tresse MacNeille is in this film.  That's too bad 'cuz she has really done a good job as Mama Swimmer.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Jan 24 2016 on  01:45 PM
Lol, you're both right about those scenes.  Seems like Cera is selective about her germaphobia like Ducky is about her acrophobia.  Continuity issues, I suppose😉.

I don't mind the Gang's voices.  Cera even sounds higher pitched, like how she sounded in movies one through four.  Mr. Threehorn and Grandpa Longneck will take some getting used to, and I don't think Tresse MacNeille is in this film.  That's too bad 'cuz she has really done a good job as Mama Swimmer.
I'm only going to complain if they make Petrie's voice higher than it already is.  :lol

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, I have seen the clips.  Time for my thoughts.

First off, I am very happy to have Aria and Andii back for the voices of Ducky and Cera respectfully.  As I have stated earlier, I just cannot see anyone else doing the voices these days.  I want to also add that if you give any negative feedback to me about their voice, it will be ignored.  I am that strong about it and will defend it that hard.

Next, did we get any confirmation as to whether or not Rob Paulsen is returning?  Because the voice of Spike is done quite well and I would recognize those grunts as Spike in a heartbeat.  Same goes with Chomper.  Sure, it was only one line, but it definitely sounds like the Chomper we know and love.

Petrie still works and he still has that grammar problem of his.  I wouldn't have it any other way. :D

Ruby... one line that works.  Both in her voice and the way she talks.

As for Littlefoot.  If this takes off and brings back the series, can we PLEASE not end up having yet another voice actor of this character leave due to puberty?  Look, it's the biggest problem I've had with Littlefoot.  This one works and it would be a shame to have it happen again.  I'm sick of it and I'm sure Universal is too.

Long time fans will definitely be able to tell that there's a difference in the voices of Topsy, Petrie's Mother and Grandpa Longneck.  I'm not sure if they work either.  I'm sorry, but I'm just not hearing those voices out of them.  I'm just not. :(

As for the song "Hot and Stinky".  Definitely different from what I was expecting.  It's catchy, but I don't think it'll catch on for me.

Also, the sharptooth they mentioned in the song.  I think I know who it is. ;)

Looking forward to what's to come to this movie.  Hope it goes well.

See ya later! :wave

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, looks like Marzgirl is gonna do a review of this movie when it comes out. :)littlefoot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOVuca8dTaY

She just started re-uploading all her previous reviews of the series, and when someone asked her why she took this long to put them back up, she said "Just saving it for when The Land Before Time XIV comes out, which is in another week or two." Looks like she's putting up a vid a day, till she gets to 14?

Um, what do you people think of this? I think it'll at least be a fun video to watch, even if she's obviously gonna just rip the movie a new one. Hopefully she'll at least kinda compare to the earlier sequels, and say if it's better/worse.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Campion1,Jan 22 2016 on  04:27 PM
A dinosaur might seem naked because it technically is, Bruton.

I'm sorry...did my explanation help at all?  :neutral

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Jan 24 2016 on  04:22 PM
Next, did we get any confirmation as to whether or not Rob Paulsen is returning?  Because the voice of Spike is done quite well and I would recognize those grunts as Spike in a heartbeat.
Not really sure about confirmation, but I am 110% confident that it's Rob Paulsen in the clips. If it is indeed not him, then I want this new voice actor to stick around if he's going to be a permanent replacement for whatever reason.

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Never really watched Marzgurl's reviews-- I always worry that watching them will take away the enjoyment I get out of the movies. I know she literally says that she's trying not to do that in the comments of that link, but try and affect are two different things. I'm curious about seeing a review of 14, but ultimately I probably won't watch that either. I feel like I'm not missing much, anyway-- I like the Cinema Snob's view point that worrying too much about whether the movie you already enjoy is considered 'good' by other people is stupid.

After re watching it Hot and Stinky's much easier to swallow for me. I think it's just the new animation style that threw me off way more than the song. If anyone else here is having a hard time with it, I recommend listening to it without watching it-- that's what worked for me.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
I didn't like Marzgirl's review of reviews of the films that much.. (Apart from her LBT 6 and 13 one) They were too bitchy and negative and unfunny. I mean sure I'd rant and rave a bit here and there if I reviewed the LBT movies. But I'd make some jokes and point out positive things too.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Marzgurl's reviews were some of the most awesome things I've ever seen. Her LBT 13 review was everything the film wasn't.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Who is this Marzgurl? She only has six thousand subscribers and hardly any significant views. Don't tell me she's the only person who really reviews TLBT on Youtube?!

This means there's a good niche to explore.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
She used to be part of That Guy with the Glasses a few years ago, before it became Channel Awesome. She would usually review anime, but then decided to review everything Land Before Time related, and after that, a few of the other ealry Don Bluth films, and some stuff from another animator,too (Forgot who.)

But she left the site to work on her own, and I think shes lost some of her popularity. I haven't looked her recent work yet, but it looks like it's gone back to anime, and some video game stuff, too? Lol, she's all over the place. :p
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
If you have Netflix, you don't have to buy the film.  They're getting it on its release date:

New on Netflix

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Quote from: Stitch,Jan 25 2016 on  03:53 PM
If you have Netflix, you don't have to buy the film.  They're getting it on its release date:

New on Netflix
Awesome!  But I'll still buy the film to support Universal and I suggest everyone else do the same.  We want them to make another movie, right?

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Next, did we get any confirmation as to whether or not Rob Paulsen is returning?  Because the voice of Spike is done quite well and I would recognize those grunts as Spike in a heartbeat.

Do you know Jeff Bennet actually did the voice of Spike in movie IV, sorry, VI, since Spike, sorry, Rob Paulsen, was working on Wakko's Wish? I wouldn't have guessed. Bennet can do Spike flawlessly.

And let's not forget they're both imitating Frank Welker, who voiced Spike in the original.  :smile

Oh, Marzgurl isn't a part of TGWTG anymore?  :cry

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Stitch,Jan 25 2016 on  04:53 PM

New on Netflix
Looks like that free trial to Netflix is gonna come in handy!

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Yeah, I'm getting mine on DVD too. Wanna be able to say I bought at least one LBT movie the day it came out  :lol

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
WARNING: Although they have been blacked out, THIS POST CONTAINS SPOILERS AND LINKS LEADING TO SPOILERS.

So... Universal's uploaded the first 10 minutes of the film to JOTB's page.

Uhh... I was so torn on whether to watch it or not but in the end I only watched the first bit (the opening narration), and WOW!

They actually tell the audience that Littlefoot's mother is dead! Within the first 2 minutes this film already has a strong reference to the original film. I am impressed! They also explain where Bron came from, and basically tell us what happened at the end of LBT 10. I won't go into much else now since I don't really have time, plus if you want you can just watch it yourselves. :p But yeah, so far, it looks promising!

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion