The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Something's Happening

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Well I don't know what's happened, but in the past few days I've been getting a lot of new members to the LBT Funsite.  7 today, 5 yesterday, and 6 the day before that.  Maybe I've gotten a better Google rank or something.  Whatever the case, it's not a bad thing.  Perhaps we'll be getting more members soon. :yes

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Jul 12 2009 on  02:23 AM
Well I don't know what's happened, but in the past few days I've been getting a lot of new members to the LBT Funsite.  7 today, 5 yesterday, and 6 the day before that.  Maybe I've gotten a better Google rank or something.  Whatever the case, it's not a bad thing.  Perhaps we'll be getting more members soon. :yes
Admittedly, that was around the time I did a little something on my YouTube Channel.  I had added links for people to visit, one of them being your site.

It may just be a coincidence, but if it is the reason behind you getting more members, it just proves one thing, advertising on YouTube freaking works! :)

Oh, and if you're curious, all I did was the following:

Visit the following for more Land Before Time goodness.

And then I just listed the sites with the official name.

Maybe you should ask them and see if it is the reason behind it all. :D

EDIT:Oh, and anyone who reads this, one of the links was for this forum as well.  We definitely might be getting more members here. :)

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
cool, that's good news ^^
facebook.com/venomwargreymon

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
No doubt it did help if you did indeed just add links in the past few days Pokeplayer, but I've also discovered that my Google ranking statistics have been dramatically improved.  Here are the current stats with NO QUOTES:

"the land before time tv episodes" - 1st page, 4th result

"the land before time tv series" - 2nd page, 5th result

"land before time forum" - 1st page, 9th result

"land before time song videos" - 8th page, 3rd result

"land before time songs" - 2nd page, 9th result

"land before time photos" - 2nd page, 4th result

"land before time pictures" - 2nd page, 7th result

"land before time icons" - 1st page, 3rd result

"land before time screensaver" - 1st page, 6th result

"land before time server" - 2nd page, 7th result

"land before time coloring pages" - 3rd page, 1st result

These were just the searches I could think of and they all make my website show up on the first few pages.  I must stress that it makes my .co.nr domain name show up NOT my freewebs domain name so if I wanted to transfer my website to somewhere else it will most likely keep it's popularity. :yes

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Wow, that's pretty nice. 3rd result for icons. :o

EDIT: My 100th post.  :birthday

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Now if only this place could get those numbers. :p  Anyhow, that is good news since we're linked affiliates.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Now if only this place could get those numbers.

I have no doubt it could, but I've put countless hours into my SEO methods.  It's taken me quite a while to get this far up on Google.  But you've got to remember that my site features tons of stuff that GOF just can't by the home pages.  I'm not sure how but Google treats forums differently then it does regular websites.  All you've got is your homepage to make you stand out and if I may say so GOF's home page could definitely use some improvements.

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
You know, speaking of..

This is the first result when I typed "Download Land Before Time TV Series" into google.

http://www.tv.com/the-land-before-time/you...14063/msgs.html

I was like "lol, I know that site. I'm going to show this to lbtlover!

Oh wait.."

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile