The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Map of the Land Before Time

UnionRags123

• Member+
  • Spike
  • AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB
    • View Profile
Hi  :rainbowwave

I've started planning a LBT project - to make a map of the LBT.

Basically there will be two maps - one with just locations, and another with the locations of events.

These maps will not be "accurate/perfect"...but I'm going to try my best to get them as accurate as I can.

I'm actually not the only one planning this - my mom (also a LBT fan, but not as much of a fan as I am) has agreed to help with the actual drawing of the map (yay!!).

The reasons I'm posting this here are 1) I'm really excited to do this and I wanted to share my excitement and 2) I have a request.

Is there anyone who would like to help with the map? I think the best ways to help would be to find locations/things to go on the map and to help with figuring out where the locations are. Also, the scale of the map is going to be difficult...

Sorry if this post is a bit scattered - I'm kinda sleep deprived  :sducky
AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB

Major kudos to anyone who figures out what that means :)

I will find ways to make sure “lol dino” is in all of my posts :lol

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hi Union! A worthy goal indeed to try and make a map :D We've made some beginnings in the past, feel free to check out the following topics for reference and inspiration:

http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=3499.0
http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=6811.0
http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=6782.0
http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=6810.0

Are you going to make a map of just the Great Valley, or are you also planning on the mysterious beyond and all its properties?

UnionRags123

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Hi Union! A worthy goal indeed to try and make a map :D We've made some beginnings in the past, feel free to check out the following topics for reference and inspiration:

http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=3499.0
http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=6811.0
http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=6782.0
http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=6810.0

Are you going to make a map of just the Great Valley, or are you also planning on the mysterious beyond and all its properties?

Thanks! (and thanks for the references too!)

I'm planning on going the "If it's in the movies and/or TV series it goes on the map" route...we'll see how that goes #ImAMasterProcrastinator  :lol
AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
For more reference, check out the page for the List of locations in The Land Before Time on the LBT wiki, if you haven't already.

Good luck on your endeavors! I can't wait to see how it turns out. :)

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

UnionRags123

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
For more reference, check out the page for the List of locations in The Land Before Time on the LBT wiki, if you haven't already.

Good luck on your endeavors! I can't wait to see how it turns out. :)

Thank you!
And I actually have that page open in a tab right now :)
AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB

UnionRags123

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Please let me know if this (sharing a link to a discord server) is not allowed

I've made a Land Before Time server on discord (currently just a friend and I)...and I was wondering if anyone would like to join. The reason I'm posting this here is that I think if anyone wants to chat about the map it would be easier to do it via a chat server than on this forum D: (the server isn't solely for talk about the map)
Link to the Discord server
AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
For even more reference to help you out with your map of TLBT, check out this thread:

http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=6404.0

This is just a thread with a bunch of people discussing their notes on how the map of TLBT should look like, but this should still help you with your own version of the map.

Edit 2: Cleared out for a cleaner post; Issue is being addressed.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 10:46:42 PM by ImpracticalDino »

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Not much more I can say that others have already in terms of resources. I seem to recall that LeventeII was also working on a map as well. Good luck and I look forward to seeing what you come up with!  :smile

Edit: There's already a LBT Discord server available to my knowledge, but unfortunately I don't have the direct link for the server. Someone sent me a link that goes towards the thread for the Discord server, but it's off limits for me as I can only guess it's in the After Midnight section, which only Member+ users can access. So you'll need to ask someone else for that link.
There is indeed a server for the GoF but it is locked behind the After Midnight channel. Accessing it does require Member+ but I was under the impression that it was given after around 25 posts. I won't be linking it directly here as we want to keep random people from seeing it and joining but I've reached out to Iris for clarification on the matter.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Edit: There's already a LBT Discord server available to my knowledge, but unfortunately I don't have the direct link for the server. Someone sent me a link that goes towards the thread for the Discord server, but it's off limits for me as I can only guess it's in the After Midnight section, which only Member+ users can access. So you'll need to ask someone else for that link.
There is indeed a server for the GoF but it is locked behind the After Midnight channel. Accessing it does require Member+ but I was under the impression that it was given after around 25 posts. I won't be linking it directly here as we want to keep random people from seeing it and joining but I've reached out to Iris for clarification on the matter.

I do wonder why you aren't automatically promoted to Member+ after getting at least 25 posts. There's no automatic process and requires admin approval? Is it also to prevent people from spamming and gaining access to the After Midnight section just by doing that? Hopefully that can be answered by Iris.

UnionRags123

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I'm not even halfway to 25 posts yet D:
I just created my server because my friend (who's not on this forum) and I were just so excited about finding out that we're both LBT fans  :lol

This map is gonna be the end of me.  :bang  :facepalm
I've decided that I'm going to label Saurus Rock and the Canyon of Shiny Stones (CoST) as being outside the Valley. The CoST might actually be part of the Great Wall... :thinking
AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

I'm not even halfway to 25 posts yet D:
I just created my server because my friend (who's not on this forum) and I were just so excited about finding out that we're both LBT fans  :lol

That's pretty cool actually. Nice! :DD

Did you and your friend found out that you're both LBT fans today? Did you or your friend try to hide the fact that you're fans of LBT? Did you ask him to join the forum with you?

Don't worry, you can get there in no time. There are other places in the forum besides the LBT Project section that you can post in. And besides, I've noticed that you haven't given us a formal introduction in the Welcome Center. Maybe you should go ahead and make one if you would like.
:^^spike

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I do wonder why you aren't automatically promoted to Member+ after getting at least 25 posts. There's no automatic process and requires admin approval? Is it also to prevent people from spamming and gaining access to the After Midnight section just by doing that? Hopefully that can be answered by Iris.
Something, something... Path Light... Something...

I was notified you weren't member+ yet, ImpracticalDino, that has now been fixed!

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile

Think someone once tried to game the system by spam-posting their way to that number so mods added a manual approval to Member+ rank to prevent any repeat circumvention of the rules.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
It will be interesting to see what you'll come up with eventually, UnionRags. I will be looking very much forward for the map. :^^spike

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Indeed. I too would love to see how this turns out. Please keep us updated.

LeventeII

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Hey! Cool that you're working on a map!  :)
I'm also working on one myself. Together we can certainly go far! Are you only working on a map of the Great Valley or are you also working on the Mysterious Beyond? I'm working on both, surely our results can be connected well.

If you are interested in working together, just write me a PM. As an important tip, however, I would like to tell you that it is not very easy to create a map. You have to draw in all the findings properly. It is also important that you are not afraid to change things if necessary, because if you go through the sequels and episodes, you will often have to change your plan. The most important tip, though, is not to use single screenshots of the Great Valley from a bird's-eye view, which are hardly helpful. It is much more important to determine the position of a location relative to other locations.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

I'm also working on one myself. Together we can certainly go far! Are you only working on a map of the Great Valley or are you also working on the Mysterious Beyond? I'm working on both, surely our results can be connected well.

He's also working on the Mysterious Beyond as well. To quote a line in a post of his...

I'm planning on going the "If it's in the movies and/or TV series it goes on the map" route...we'll see how that goes #ImAMasterProcrastinator  :lol

Also...

Basically there will be two maps - one with just locations, and another with the locations of events.

I was notified you weren't member+ yet, ImpracticalDino, that has now been fixed!

Thank you for clarifying and fixing the issue Mumbling. I have heard of Path Light and his spamming, but I didn't think one person could ruin it for everyone.

Thank you OwlsCantRead for reinforcing his statement too. :)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 04:19:12 PM by ImpracticalDino »

UnionRags123

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile

He's also working on the Mysterious Beyond as well. To quote a line in a post of his...

Also...

Thank you for clarifying and fixing the issue Mumbling. I have heard of Path Light and his spamming, but I didn't think one person could ruin it for everyone.

Thank you OwlsCantRead for reinforcing his statement too. :)

Just a heads up that I’m a she, not a he  :)

And @LeventeII I’ll PM you!  :)littlefoot
AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I can't wait for this collaboration between you and LeventeII! Hopefully everything goes well for the both of you! :)

Thanks for clarifying. I wouldn't have known your gender anyway since you never gave us any clues on that. :p

Also, I'm just wondering if you could possibly answer some questions that I have for you. :)

Did you and your friend found out that you're both LBT fans today? Did you or your friend try to hide the fact that you're fans of LBT? Did you ask him to join the forum with you?

UnionRags123

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I can't wait for this collaboration between you and LeventeII! Hopefully everything goes well for the both of you! :)

Thanks for clarifying. I wouldn't have known your gender anyway since you never gave us any clues on that. :p

Also, I'm just wondering if you could possibly answer some questions that I have for you. :)

Ooh that reminds me that I forgot to PM LeventeII  :facepalm

Here’s how my friend and I found out that we’re both LBT fans:
We both play an online horse game, and we’re both in a discord server for the game. Anyways, I posted a picture in the chat of me holding a copy of the original movie because I was excited that I’d found it in a store (even though my family doesn’t have any devices that can play a DVD) and she responded saying that she also loves the LBT. So of course we started talking about LBT stuff  :lol
AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB