The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Tell us something about yourself!

action9000 · 2439 · 166415

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Rat_lady7,Apr 16 2009 on  09:35 PM
xD niceeee about the ego thing I mean. :lol
I guess I would have to get to know you more, but you never really struck me as someone with a big ego. :)

Well, that's definitely a deep question that deserves a deep answer. I love learning about different religions even outside my own. I want to know what were the very first foundations of religion, why was it made, and how does it benefit people today. I want to know what truth is, if there is a truth. I'm simply fascinated with religion. :)
Yeah, I'm really good at suppressing my ego.

Also, your quest for knowledge is a commendable one. It was a deep answer, too. I could also offer my theories as to the formations of religion.

As for a fact about me, I've recently devised a counter-argument to the "cookie cutter" alternative rock bands.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Quote from: Nick22,Apr 17 2009 on  12:33 AM
Darkwolf, I too have a very good memory and have thing for numbers. did you know the biggest prime number is 13 MILLION digits long?
Wow, no! I didn't know there was a biggest prime number. I guess I always just assumed that they continued infinitely. That's fascinating!

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well, there are an infinite number of prime numbers. Nick, I think you mean the longest KNOWN prime number is 13 million digits long.

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I often wonder how the world would be without me....better.
It doesn't make any difference if I'm here or not anyway.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Vaan360,Apr 17 2009 on  06:54 PM
I try not to be hurtful, but that is a load of CRAP. Of course, we are all small compared to the world, but that doesn't mean that we don't make a difference to the world. That is the philosophy of a pessimist, and I don't think that you should feel that way. It's better to be arrogant than have no self-esteem.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have only dated twice in my lifetime.  The first guy I dated was when I was still twelve, but that only lasted a couple of weeks before another girl got his attention.  Then, I dated the second guy for two years, starting when I was thirteen.  Reason I broke it off?  After two years, he suddenly felt it was time he got some.  I've never even kissed a guy and STRONGLY believe in not engaging in any form of intimacy (nothing against hugs and kisses, just never kissed a guy) outside of marriage, so I broke it off.  That was when I was fifteen, and I have not dated since.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Quote from: Vaan360,Apr 17 2009 on  03:54 PM
I used to be that way. I'm sure the more active members of this community remembers me like that when I first came here. I hated life, and it wasn't just some "teenage thing", it was real pain, it was not in anyway superficial. I couldn't really trust anyone, I hated myself for everything I was, I hated the school I was at because it was so FRIGGEN religious and I had no friends there AT ALL. Or at least, I didn't have any close friends. It wasn't until I became a Christian and took anti-depressants, I finally was able to get out of that funk.

I know this is going to be easy for me to say this, but I KNOW it gets better. YOU WILL SEE. We love you here, if you passed, we would be really sad about it. So, please, consider that.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Rat_lady7,Apr 17 2009 on  10:59 PM
I know this is going to be easy for me to say this, but I KNOW it gets better. YOU WILL SEE. We love you here, if you passed, we would be really sad about it. So, please, consider that.
She's totally right, Vaan360.  There's a reason behind EVERYONE'S existence, yours included.  Also, you're very much valued here.  Don't ever lose sight of that ;).

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well, it seems I'm not the only person here who is willing to bring someone's mood up. Which is a good thing, because that makes this forum all the better.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Whenever I watch movies, especially scary movies, I am never freaked out by blood or graphic violence. Call me crazy, but I guess the reason is because I was exposed to it when I was younger. How may you ask? It was from playing Mortal Kombat obssesively :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

So I guess I have developed a certain level of tolerance for graphic violence.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: LBTFan13,Apr 19 2009 on  10:17 AM
Whenever I watch movies, especially scary movies, I am never freaked out by blood or graphic violence. Call me crazy, but I guess the reason is because I was exposed to it when I was younger. How may you ask? It was from playing Mortal Kombat obssesively :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Same for me, I love slasher movies, and even the really violent parts don't bother me.

Compy-Rex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: brekclub85,Apr 19 2009 on  10:20 AM
Whenever I watch movies, especially scary movies, I am never freaked out by blood or graphic violence. Call me crazy, but I guess the reason is because I was exposed to it when I was younger. How may you ask? It was from playing Mortal Kombat obssesively :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Same for me, I love slasher movies, and even the really violent parts don't bother me.
Definetly, I love that stuff. Not in real life though, just in games, movies, etc.

Chomper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
for me its weird, i dont mind graphic violence *Yay vilolence*, but i just get jumpy in scary movies, and i dont get it, i can watch someone get torn apart in a movie, but before then, i get jumpy.

Compy-Rex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Chomper,Apr 19 2009 on  11:22 AM
for me its weird, i dont mind graphic violence *Yay vilolence*, but i just get jumpy in scary movies, and i dont get it, i can watch someone get torn apart in a movie, but before then, i get jumpy.
Your exactly right. When the villian is stalking someone or someone is about to be killed, I get sacred. But, when they're being killed, I don't mind.

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I know this is going to be easy for me to say this, but I KNOW it gets better. YOU WILL SEE.

I've heard that more than once, and to be honest, this problem could had just dissapered long, long time ago, but noone backed me up, so I just sank, and I turned out to be what I am.
It's like I've wasted all my life.
If I am to live like this,with this freaking problems, might as well not live at all.

We love you here, if you passed, we would be really sad about it. So, please, consider that.

Well, Death, is ussualy, something always hard to deal with,and even if I died, the world is huge, its not as if 1 person is gonna make the difference, besides, someone would replace me, and life would go on.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well then maybe you should talk to someone, a proffessional about your remaining depression that lingers. There has to be a hotline where you live or something or rather. Just PLEASE don't do anything to hurt yourself. PLEASE don't.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Vaan360,Apr 19 2009 on  06:13 PM
I know this is going to be easy for me to say this, but I KNOW it gets better. YOU WILL SEE.

I've heard that more than once, and to be honest, this problem could had just disappeared long, long time ago, but no one backed me up, so I just sank, and I turned out to be what I am.
It's like I've wasted all my life.
If I am to live like this,with this freaking problems, might as well not live at all.

We love you here, if you passed, we would be really sad about it. So, please, consider that.

Well, Death, is usually, something always hard to deal with,and even if I died, the world is huge, its not as if 1 person is gonna make the difference, besides, someone would replace me, and life would go on.
What I'm about to say might seem to have the adverse effect of what I want, but you know my intentions, so don't confuse my true intentions with what I say. Please understand that I am trying to help, and anything hurtful I say in the following rant is not fully intentional.

You are just entering a cycle of depression, but don't go in any further. You must be strong, and that philosophy is a bunch of bull. Living with a problem is better than not living. You can do so much while you are alive, and you rob the world of all your potential when you die. Also, "someone would replace you?" That is impossible. No one can replace you because you are unique. You add a certain aspect to the GoF that no other person on the planet can. As for "1 person isn't really going to make a difference," another bunch of bull. One person, along with that person's ideas, can change the world. Look at what Albert Einstein did. He changed the entire field of physics forever. You can't justify suicide to anyone but yourself, and that usually means you are entering a state of psychosis, where you have a loosened grip on reality. If you have thoughts of suicide, talk to someone about it. The people who you tell can help you, especially if those people are your friends. Don't tell your enemies your weaknesses, though. Trust me on this, thoughts of suicide are not good, nor are they helpful. Also, life WILL get better .Just have patience, and things will come full circle and you will be given happiness.

Also, just to cheer you up, here is a fun phrase; "Cogito Ergo Nom." I think, therefore I nom.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: brekclub85,Apr 19 2009 on  10:20 AM
Whenever I watch movies, especially scary movies, I am never freaked out by blood or graphic violence. Call me crazy, but I guess the reason is because I was exposed to it when I was younger. How may you ask? It was from playing Mortal Kombat obssesively :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Even real life blood and gore do not bother me.  I had considered careers as a mortician and a medical examiner before deciding on nursing then switching to recreation.  I may even seek a degree in forensics so I can work with a homicide unit as a side career.  The human body and forensics have always fascinated me so much, and with the help of kicka** videogames, scary movies and working as a certified nursing assistant aka caregiver/CNA since I was sixteen, I have grown to not be squeamish.

*BTW, if you're reading this Vaan360, we are here for ya.  PLEASE don't do anything you'll regret :cry.  The pain suicide brings to those who care about ya is very devastating, and believe me, we care about ya here.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have a hard time reading chat speak and I have a hard time taking the people seriously who write in chat speak.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx