The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

If I was a character in the LBT world

Dalekdino · 250 · 46771

CeraTheRed

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Awww, they're playing chase...I guess. I dunno, that's just something a friend of mine and I used to play when I was a kid. This is a pretty good Littlefoot. You've improved, I see. You are REALLY good at drawing Triceratops now, though. And I love how Bambo seems to follow Cera everywhere. It's adorable. Bambo also has a point. You'll never catch the bug that way, lol

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: CeraTheRed,Jan 16 2015 on  07:17 AM
Awww, they're playing chase...I guess. I dunno, that's just something a friend of mine and I used to play when I was a kid. This is a pretty good Littlefoot. You've improved, I see. You are REALLY good at drawing Triceratops now, though. And I love how Bambo seems to follow Cera everywhere. It's adorable. Bambo also has a point. You'll never catch the bug that way, lol
Yes they are playing catch me if you can. I sort of used a refrance for Littlefoot.  Yes I am, and I'm surprised I've finally drawn Topsy. (As an adult) as I don't really draw characters I don't like.  Yes my idea is Bambo and Cera's family's are part of a herd so their traveling to the great valley together. Should have some new pics up soon.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account

ThunderClaw

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://thunderclawshocktrix.deviantart.com
Such good work you have here. You should be made director of any Land Before Time remake.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: ThunderClaw,Jan 21 2015 on  07:05 PM
Such good work you have here. You should be made director of any Land Before Time remake.
Thanks a lot. :) Yes it would be good to be in charge of a remake and fix problems I have with the film. Well expect more pics here soon.

ThunderClaw

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://thunderclawshocktrix.deviantart.com
okay and if anyone could make the twins of 6 likable it would be you ^.=.~

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: ThunderClaw,Jan 22 2015 on  12:02 AM
okay and if anyone could make the twins of 6 likable it would be you ^.=.~
Yes the twins... The main reason LBT 6 is my least favourite sequel. Personally I would omit them and make some rewrites here and there, but if I were to keep them I would make them speak properly, not get on Cera's wick and make a fool of her and get her in trouble with old fart-ceratops aka Topsy, and change them to been Cera's cousins and not niece and nephew.  Not that I'll be doing any Bambo stuff with LBT  6 that is.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I would have remade film V to make it so that at first, the plated guy would go away and it would look like the end of the Gang of Five.  Chomper would interpose himself like Pocahantus did with John Smith and eventually his parents would get the point and agree not to eat the kids.

Littlefoot would point out to Cera that they now had proof that Chomper wouldn't betray them.  Then, Plated Guy would come back sneakily and almost get them but the parents would intervene, the fight would happen as before, and you know the rest.

Also, I would have redone film VI to have Littlefoot help Doc out for a change and also made Dana and Dina do something helpful so that at least they could be said to have been beneficial instead of pain in the necks.  Also, I might have had some fun with Dana and Dina and at first had them appear to have been nabbed by the Sharptooth and Cera have to come back and say that they kinda died and have Topps cry (I never really see him cry.  I think he did it once , can't recall where, but he did.)  It would have made Topps appear more likable to see him saddened instead of so calloused.  Of course, D&D would then come back and Topps would be so happy that he'd forget to punish Cera for losing them.  

As for film VII, I would have had Pterano save both Ducky and Petrie and be allowed back in right away so he could be a sort of father to Petrie (poor Petrie is the only one that doesn't have a man in his life.  Littlefoot has Grandpa Longneck and, at times, Bron, and Cera has Topps, Ducky and Spike have Ducky's father (even if he's not shown really), Chomper has his father and Ruby has hers, but Petrie has no man in his life and they just sent the only guy that seemed to fit that role away back into the Mysterious Beyond.     :slap   )

Yeah, Pterano might not be the best role model for Petrie, but, then again, we all have issues with Cera's dad too and Bron has a lot to be desired and even Chomper's father could, perhaps, be more understanding of his son and his...er....unconventional ways.   Ducky's father could be around more often so we could find out what he's like (he must be really shy!).  Also, Grandpa Longneck buried a Sharptooth alive so even he is no saint.  (Speaking of that, I'd have had those Sharpteeth in film VI killed in an outright fight (i.e. self-defense).  The way the film did it seemed more like, well, murder .  

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: LittlefootAndAliTogether,Jan 24 2015 on  11:04 PM
and have Topps cry (I never really see him cry.  I think he did it once , can't recall where, but he did

It was in the 12th film when Tricia was born.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Okay I have to ask this. I might have misread, but wasn't there an earlier post where you say that you have similar negative traits as Cera? And if so, how come these traits never shown in Bambo (whom is yourself of course) in this rewrite? Maybe I overlooked it, but I don't remember Bambo showing any negative traits; instead, we only see his positive.

Again, I might have overlooked something and maybe Bambo did show a negative trait in the past. But at the moment, I haven't seen any such incident. So I'm confused.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Jan 28 2015 on  02:47 PM
Okay I have to ask this. I might have misread, but wasn't there an earlier post where you say that you have similar negative traits as Cera? And if so, how come these traits never shown in Bambo (whom is yourself of course) in this rewrite? Maybe I overlooked it, but I don't remember Bambo showing any negative traits; instead, we only see his positive.

Again, I might have overlooked something and maybe Bambo did show a negative trait in the past. But at the moment, I haven't seen any such incident. So I'm confused.
Oh God... Well I'm not quite sure what you mean. But  I used to sort of have those negative traits like Cera but no longer and it wasn't quite like that. Also Bambo is only lossely based off me, with my more positive traits. The only negative one been getting real angry and touchy when someone gets on the wrong side with him, when things go wrong or if someone dose something stupid. Which you'll see in future pictures.  Also I may not have explain it well in the post you read, as I not that great at literacy.  

I really don't want to get on the wrong side with you like in the past.. But dose it really matter?  :unsure:

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Whoops, I hadn't realized I didn't reply to this. Not sure how I missed it. I apologize for the very late reply.

If you're referring to "does it matter if Bambo shows negative traits or not", then the answer is yes. Having negative traits makes a character more interesting. If a character is shown to be too perfect, knowing everything, always being right, etc, then they push closer to the Mary Sue territory. This is not something you want for a character in a story and it's best to avoid it.

If Bambo is too perfect and never shows his less admirable side, then he risks becoming a bland character who isn't all that interesting to read about. If he shows more negative traits, if he shows that he can be wrong, if he shows that he's not perfect, then he becomes a more well rounded, believable character.

Take Cera for example. She's rather bratty, bossy, pretty much a jerk at times. She's imperfect. She still can be kind and she becomes better as the series goes. She still retains her tomboyish nature, but she has grown to be, comparitively, a better person. She has both positive and negative traits taht she shows, and she does things that can be admirable, but also things that may make one upset with her. And that makes her an interesting, rounded character that people can relate to.

Flawed characters (such as Topsy, Cera, and Pterano) are more interesting to read about than those who are completely perfect, or near so, or appear to be so, as they have room to grow and to develop, to become better people than they had been before. A character that lacks any kind of negative trait has no room to grow, hardly any room for development.

If that isn't what you meant or if I offended you, then I apologize.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Feb 17 2015 on  03:03 PM
Whoops, I hadn't realized I didn't reply to this. Not sure how I missed it. I apologize for the very late reply.

If you're referring to "does it matter if Bambo shows negative traits or not", then the answer is yes. Having negative traits makes a character more interesting. If a character is shown to be too perfect, knowing everything, always being right, etc, then they push closer to the Mary Sue territory. This is not something you want for a character in a story and it's best to avoid it.

If Bambo is too perfect and never shows his less admirable side, then he risks becoming a bland character who isn't all that interesting to read about. If he shows more negative traits, if he shows that he can be wrong, if he shows that he's not perfect, then he becomes a more well rounded, believable character.

Take Cera for example. She's rather bratty, bossy, pretty much a jerk at times. She's imperfect. She still can be kind and she becomes better as the series goes. She still retains her tomboyish nature, but she has grown to be, comparitively, a better person. She has both positive and negative traits taht she shows, and she does things that can be admirable, but also things that may make one upset with her. And that makes her an interesting, rounded character that people can relate to.

Flawed characters (such as Topsy, Cera, and Pterano) are more interesting to read about than those who are completely perfect, or near so, or appear to be so, as they have room to grow and to develop, to become better people than they had been before. A character that lacks any kind of negative trait has no room to grow, hardly any room for development.

If that isn't what you meant or if I offended you, then I apologize.
Oh God.... Don't know were to start with this....

Well as I said I do intend to show Bambo with some more negative trades which is why I'm going back and added more stuff to the first film.
I mean I don't want Bambo to be a picture perfect character, but still have him show that Cera isn't all that bad. And even sort of defend her at some points.
I'm trying to make Bambo one of those character's who is tires his best to be good hearted and all, but if you get on the wrong side with him or do something stupid in front of him. He loses his temper. Which is what I'm kinda like.

Well you didn't strictly offend me, though I am a bit annoyed , and I must say you've have kinda put me off making more stuff for this topic a bit...

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Ok it has been quite a while since I've done anything new for this topic and I apologies for those who enjoy this topic. If I have to be honest I felt a bit put off from making new materiel for this after the feedback I got from  DarkHououmon. Plus I've been busy with other stuff...

Anyway I've made some new pics (And will do more soon) these ones take place during his bonding with Cera as a hatchlings.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/i...0#entry22063787

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Here's a new scene just after Bambo meets Littlefoot and moves on with his parents, and his dad tells him a bit more about Topsy, and how it's ok to work with other dinosaurs in tough situations. Bit of foreshadowing there.
 http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/i...0#entry22063974

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Here's a raw and up close drawing I did for one of Bambo and Cera playing as hatchlings pics. Thought I'd show this as in the pic I used this in their far in the background and can't see them clearly.