The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Hey guys!

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hey there, and welcome to the GOF! Hope you have a great time here! :wave

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: LBTDiclonius,Feb 5 2012 on  03:23 PM
Hey there, and welcome to the GOF! Hope you have a great time here! :wave

Oh by the way guys, I'm watching LBT IX right now, and it's actually better than I last remember :D

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 And welcome to GoF!  :DD .

Which reminds me that I haven't seen anything about LBT lately, but I have been way too busy with university >_<... but that kind of things happen, it will get better soon.

Anyways, I hope you'll have a great time in this forum LudiChris1!.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Heh I noticed you have a Primeval avatar. I watched that whole entire series it was cooool.
It is. It was the show that sparked my interest in shows Britain has to offer. My avatar is a poster for the upcoming Canadian spin-off.
and the awesome My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
Another pony fan! There is a topic here dedicated to the ponies, if you want to check that out. It's located
here.
And lastly, what are some of your favorite movie soundtracks?

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Chiletrek,Feb 6 2012 on  12:48 PM
Hello:
 And welcome to GoF!  :DD .

Which reminds me that I haven't seen anything about LBT lately, but I have been way too busy with university >_<... but that kind of things happen, it will get better soon.

Anyways, I hope you'll have a great time in this forum LudiChris1!.
Hi and thanks! :D Yeah you should see the movies every now and then XD

Oh Justin1993, I didn't know they were making a movie of it? Awesomeeee

Quote from: Justin1993 on  
Heh I noticed you have a Primeval avatar. I watched that whole entire series  it was cooool.

It is. It was the show that sparked my interest in shows Britain has to offer.My avatar is a poster for the upcoming Canadian spin-off.
and the awesome My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Another pony fan! There is a topic here dedicated to the ponies, if you want to check that out. It's located
here.
And lastly, what are some of your favorite movie soundtracks?

Coool I want to see that new series when it comes out. Yeah made me curious about British TV too. Thanks for the MLP thread lol.

Favorite movie soundtracks? FAVORITE MOVIE SOUNDTRACKS? Good man, there are too many artists and movies to list! But off the top of my head:
1. James Horner and Michael Tavera (w/ Amanda McBroom and Michelle Brourman)(LBT, Balto, etc :DD)
2. James Newton Howard (he did Treasure Planet, Atlantis: The Lost Empire, King Kong, etc.
3. Bruce Broughton (The Rescuers Down Under)
4. One Stormy Night (the various Japanese artists in that film)
5. Hans Zimmer, Michael Giacchino, David Newman, Thomas Newman, Charles Strouse, Vangelis, Harry Gregson Williams, Trevor Jones, Thomas Bergersen, John Williams, Andrew Lockington, Stephen Schwartz, Joe Hisaishi, Russel Garcia, etc.... Phew! And that's just movie soundtrack artists lol XD There's still songs on different movies I might haven't mentioned too

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
James Howard's work on both Dinosaur and King Kong were amazing!
Did you hear Alexadre Desplat's work on the last two Harry Potter films? If you haven't, I would recommend a listen, starting with "Courtyard Apocalypse." I, myself, didn't enjoy the films that much, but the soundtracks were wonderfully composed.
Also, there are plans for a Primeval movie, but there hasn't been news for a while. The Canadian spin-off has already begun production.
And you're welcome. :)

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Justin1993,Feb 6 2012 on  02:59 PM
James Howard's work on both Dinosaur and King Kong were amazing!
Did you hear Alexadre Desplat's work on the last two Harry Potter films? If you haven't, I would recommend a listen, starting with "Courtyard Apocalypse." I, myself, didn't enjoy the films that much, but the soundtracks were wonderfully composed.
Also, there are plans for a Primeval movie, but there hasn't been news for a while. The Canadian spin-off has already begun production.
And you're welcome. :)
Oh lol I was just thinking off my head; I forgot about Dinosaur XD even though I've been listening to that one the most lately. Kinda strange eh? Yeah it's amazing.

To tell you the truth, I never got around to watching Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter series lol! You're right about that song, it's pretty cool!

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^You've just confirmed what vonboy noticed: that everybody seems to forget details from Disney's Dinosaur quickly. Why is that movie so forgetable?:p

You haven't watched Lord of the Rings? Interesting.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I haven't watched Lord of the Rings either. What a small world! :p

And yeah, I still don't know really why that movie is so forgettable. I haven't seen it in years (Probably not since it came out) so that might be some of the reason I barely remember anything from it.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Lol, it's not that I completely forgot. Like I said I like been listening to the soudntrack a lot recently. It just didn't think of it when I made that reply :p

Heh just finished watching The Land Before Time XII again. It felt more like a TV episode, but it had the ol' heartwarming moments :,)

...and then after researching the LBT TV series, I find out about.. *sniff* Kenneth Mars. WHY?? :cry :cry :cry Feb 12, last year. How did I not know. Why did I not know. Also, my favorite author, Brian Jacques, passed away last year too, Feb 5. :cry

It's a small world :neutral. Make friends and contribute to the world while you can, and change the lives of many people. Especially children. Like Kenneth Mars and Brian Jacques did. :DD

As well as all the other people who worked on the LTB franchise, from Charles Grosvenor to Scott McAfee!  :!

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Hello! Fellow dinosaur lover (and of animals and nature in general) here! :DD Welcome to the GOF, Ludachris!

Nice job introducing yourself (love a member who's not afraid to be wordy :D). You're planning to be an animator? Neat! I wish you luck on that. :)

Quote from: Ludichris1,Feb 4 2012 on  06:20 PM
My favorite genres for things are Animation, Children/Family (USUALLY animation though, right :D?), Sci-Fi, Adventure, and Fantasy (I like medieval and stuff, but I mean more like PREHISTORIC fantasy or aztecs n what not)
So you're interested in Aztecs and MLP? What did you think of the fact that they used a creature from Aztec mythology in the last episode ("Read It and Weep")? :smile

I think I'd enjoy talking to you, though to be honest I'm so timid about approaching people to broach a topic for fear of bothering them that I'm unlikely to make the first move in starting any conversations. :oops So I'll just tell you a bit about myself right now. I too am a fan of Primeval and MLP:FiM (I also follow Terra Nova, if just for the dinosaurs :p). And LBT, obviously. I'm drawn to animated movies in general, as well as just about any live-action film with monsters or creatures of some sort. And I watch a lot of nature documentaries; like I said before, I'm crazy about animals and natural history (past, present, and hypothetical). I'm an on-and-off writer and artist (I drew my avatar, a LBT-style Lystrosaurus, myself), though my drawing skills are limited. I'm also a terrible procrastinator. :p :oops

Anyway, you seem like an awesome person. :D Hope you stick around!

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pangaea,Feb 10 2012 on  08:21 AM
Hello! Fellow dinosaur lover (and of animals and nature in general) here! :DD Welcome to the GOF, Ludachris!

Nice job introducing yourself (love a member who's not afraid to be wordy :D). You're planning to be an animator? Neat! I wish you luck on that. :)

So you're interested in Aztecs and MLP? What did you think of the fact that they used a creature from Aztec mythology in the last episode ("Read It and Weep")? :smile

I think I'd enjoy talking to you, though to be honest I'm so timid about approaching people to broach a topic for fear of bothering them that I'm unlikely to make the first move in starting any conversations. :oops So I'll just tell you a bit about myself right now. I too am a fan of Primeval and MLP:FiM (I also follow Terra Nova, if just for the dinosaurs :p). And LBT, obviously. I'm drawn to animated movies in general, as well as just about any live-action film with monsters or creatures of some sort. And I watch a lot of nature documentaries; like I said before, I'm crazy about animals and natural history (past, present, and hypothetical). I'm an on-and-off writer and artist (I drew my avatar, a LBT-style Lystrosaurus, myself), though my drawing skills are limited. I'm also a terrible procrastinator. :p :oops

Anyway, you seem like an awesome person. :D Hope you stick around!
Hi, thanks! Yeah hope the animation goes well. The worst part of being creative (that's if I am lol), is that you want to do so many things and put down so many stuff. Like I guess most people will say they like listening to rock and play guitar, and like playing CoD or something, while I have to say I like computers, music, video games, movies, stories... makes it hard to choose a career lol :(

:D Heh I meant aztecs as just in general mysterious and lost stuff. But I still like them lol and yeah I watched that latest MLP episode already :)

Yeah I'm fan of Primeval and MLP:FiM and Terra Nova lol. I'm also drawn to animated movies  and live-action films with monsters or creatures. I used to watch a lot of documentaries... back when I actually had TV service lol. I like history too because it's basically like culture (as long as it's interesting...). Future history is even awesomer, and past history is awesome for use in projects and cool things like that, and present makes you want to progress and stuff XD. I'M and on-and-off writer and artist too. Oh yeah I've seen that dinosaur before nice pic :). lol I'm terrible at procrastinating too. Yeah I'm sticking around :D!