The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Sleep and Remember II

F-14 Ace · 531 · 30514

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Snork added, "Don't forget that monster that trailed us almost the whole way."
Strafe added, revealing the bite scar on her left shoulder, "I remember him alright.  A little too well."
She sat down next to Kaga and nuzzled him lovingly.
Snork said, 'But he got what he had coming in the end."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante agreed, saying...
"Heh.  I don't think he'll let us forget him anytime soon, huh?"
He added, running a hand along his scarred left side...

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Longtail overheard Snork, Strafe and Dante's remarks...and then cast a look down upon his own belly and ran his hand across the several bite marks and also cast a glance at his back and looked at the two or three bite marks he could find as he sighed and said "Yeah...I think he left us all with a little reminder."

ingster

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://ingster.deviantart.com/
"No......I allready done what i needed to do, now...too rest...."
He slowly sits down, sticks his feet into the water and lays back

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"It does seem unfair to do that." Diver said agreeing with Hunter, thinking a sharptooth that looked like a plant eater unless one maybe looked very close did seem unfair.  "If you don't eat meat what do you eat? Green food?" Diver asked, having no idea what an alternative would be for a sharptooth, and why couldn't they eat green food.

"Uh dear." Mrs swimmer started not sure if Diver should hear such a thing, but not sure how to continue.

"There are alternatives, some may sound gross or icky to some, but there are plenty of alternatives in the great valley." Mim said, making things as vague as possible for the young ones present and from personal experience since though she ate mainly green food she would eat some crawlers and other things sometimes, but only when she was away from the plant eaters or they could not see her or were to busy like playing in the water if she grabbed and quickly ate a snapping shell or somesuch, though that was best done at night, like a full moon, dusk or dawn when most were sleep in their nests, heading back to their nests or just waking up.

Mim turned to look at the others, "Sounds like you had a particular bad encounter, but I"m gad it came out ok, it can be very dangerous out there."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante nodded, then added...
"Don't worry.  We can all eat green food. I myself can't eat anything else, really."
He chuckled, grinning happily...

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
Kaga looked p at the sky.  The sun was high overhead as noon approached.
Kaga said, "It's been a pleasure to meet you, mr. and Mrs. Swimmer.  I want to go meet the others now.  Thanks again for the hospitality."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hunter grinned and said "Yeah...we all eat green food...and if Dante here ever tries anything funny...I'll just have to 'subdue' him." she then blushed as she caught her own hidden meaning in the word subdue. She giggled and stepped out of the water and said "Thank you for the swim. I'll be following Kaga, but just to be safe, could you point us in the direction of the nearest nesting family?"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mrs. Swimmer thought before responding, "There are some more swimmer families nesting here, and a longneck family over near thundering falls over that way." Mrs Swimmer said pointing up to where thundering falls was, "They have one grandson and are very wise and nice.  We traveled here with them." She said.  

"They are big, they certainly are." Diver said nodding, remembering how large they seemed to her.  

Mim nods, "Their a nice family.  I can show you the way if you like." Mim said, "Unless you'd rather go there alone."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante, too rose out of the water, shaking himself off gently...
"Same here.  Thank you for...understanding us.  I mean it.  I'll...see you around, hm?"
He said as he moved to Hunter's side again, and he waved at the others, smiling the whole while...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hunter nodded to Mim and said "Yes..any help would be wonderful until we get a feel for this place."

Longtail then looked to Stone and asked "Would you like a ride...I'm sure Hunter wouldn't mind two flyers on her back. We are pretty light."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante grinned, and he said...
"Hey.  Stone.  If you want a ride, then hop on!  I guess I'll be crating you around, mmm?"
He laughed, indicating his back...

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Strafe asked, "Who should we meet next?  The longnecks or the fliers?"
Snork added his opinion, "I think we should meet the longnecks.  I've never even seen a longneck up close before."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail smiled and said "Oh yes...I would love to meet a real longneck! I wonder if they are as big as I imagine them to be?"

Hunter stepped over and chuckled as she said "Not likely, they will be much bigger. You won't even come up to their toes I'll bet."

Longtail however smiled and said "I'll take you up on that...One treestar." Hunter smiled back and said "Deal, now let's get a move on!"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante couldn't suppress his smile at his friend's antics...
"Hey, wait up for me, you two!"
He chuckled, jogging to keep up with the pair of them as they headed off...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim looked at the group, "Are you folks ready to head over there or would you rather rest, eat or drink a bit first?  If you are ready they are usually just this way." She asked going off in the direction of where Littlefoot's nest area was and the thundering falls area where his grandparents usually were.  She then turned to Longtail,   "I'm sure you may be surprised by their size, some are." She said smiling a bit.

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
Kaga followed the others as they neared the longneck family.  Kaga had never seen anything so big before.  He decided to let someone else speak first, because he was too speechless to say anything himself.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hunter had a smile on her face as she stepped into the clearing...and as she looked up she froze mid-step. Longtail who was riding on her back was a little startled when Hunter stopped moving, not yet realizing the shadow that blocked the bright circle.

Longtail tapped Hunter on the head and said "Hello, why'd we stop? Did you step in something again?" He then noticed her eyes were dilated and he followed her gaze upwards and if he hadn't been on Hunters back, he would've fallen on the ground as his body went limp at the sight of the two elderly longnecks standing there smiling at their group. He then muttered out next to her ear "You...win."

Grandpa Longneck for his part was surprised to see collective group. He immediately noticed at least three fast biters among the group, but if they were traveling with a flyer and two other swimmers, then they can't be all bad.

He leaned his next down and said "Hello there, I don't seem to recognize any of you, are you all new here in the valley?"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante nodded happily, smiling.
"Yep!  We got here a few weeks ago!  It's nice to meet you too, sir!  I'm Dante. Dante S. Starfall."
Dante said, bowing his head respectfully...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim nods, "I just met them myself."  She stayed in the background mainly so the others could get to meet the long time inhabitants of the valley themselves.

Grandma longneck bent her neck down so she could see them and be closer to their level.  "I must say, you appear to be friendly, and cute."  She said looking at them once she was down closer, "Friendly sharpteeth are quite rare in my experience." She said.