The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Land Before Time: Twilight Valley

Serris · 509 · 30213

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Longtail moved his body out of the way and using his head rammed it into Ozzie's belly hoping to knock the wind out of the egg stealer.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
With quick nods that they heard, Kit and Misty made haste to the Feeding grounds, though sped on past where Littlefoot and Deimos were headed towards the elders and continued their search for Strutt specifically.

"Strutt!" Kit called, glancing about and soon spotting the egg snatcher from among those there.

"Your...brother's here" the flyer panted, landing. "Yeah" Misty said, catching up, "and he's already been causing trouble just by kicking us when we tried to catch him".

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Strut gulped. "I guess I should learn some close quarters combat skills?"

Deimos nodded. "Yes, but you should still stick to fighting at range."

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail still had his tail around Ozzie's neck, and now had his claws holding his mouth closed.
"Kinda hard to talk when you can't open your mouth now can you?" he said with a mocking tone

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Do you need some help?" Lori asked as she approached Longtail. He glanced at the eggstealer for a moment and noted that he resembled Strut a little bit and recalled Kit saying he was Strut's brother.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ozzie then attempted to gouge Longtail's eyes.

----------

Deimos was in the middle of teaching Strut some basic grappling.

"Looks, like Strut's doing pretty well." Littlefoot commented, looking at Strut, who had Deimos in an armbar.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Misty and Kit nodded in agreement as they watched.

"Whichever combat skills you do or don't use, Strutt, we'll help you, don't worry" Kit said. "Yeah" Misty nodded. They weren't sure the egg snatcher heard them though given his attention on learning the moves.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail this time however was distracted by Lori's comment and didn't see the attack from Ozzie coming and for his lack of attention he received several small scratches on his face and he cried out for a moment letting go of Ozzie completely and stepped away....but as he did the pain turned to anger. He turned and shouted "You'll pay for that!" then let loose a feral screech and pounced at Ozzie hoping to take him down.

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Lori flinced as the eggstealer's claws slashed across Longtail's face. She started forward to help, but paused as she remembered her broken arm. Taking part in the battle directly could make her injury worse.

She crouched down and picked up a sizeable stone from the ground with her good arm. She waited for a clear shot at Ozzie.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Adrenaline caused Ozzie to ignore the pain of his injured leg as he leapt away from Longtail's charge. He then ran over to Longtail and attempted to kick him in the jaw.

--------------

Deimos and Strut had finished their close quarters combat lesson.

"Wow, Strut! That was pretty good." Littlefoot said.

Strut sighed. "I just like fighting at range."

Deimos looked at the gathered group. "If any of you want a brief close quarters combat lesson speak to me. But it's getting late now. But I'll give a quick tip; there is no such thing as 'fighting dirty'; gouge your opponent's eyes; beat or stab them until they stop moving; punch, kick, slash or even stab them in the groin; break all their limbs; throw objects at them; throw sand at them. Do whatever it takes to neutralize the threat."

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Lori tossed her rock as soon as she saw Ozzie leap clear. She aimed for his body, since his neck, head, and legs were too thin to really make great targets.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail knew another attack was coming and he had to get out of the way, so being on the ground at the moment, he did the only thing he could do, and he rolled out of the way of Ozzie's kick. He then followed Lori's example and using his tail tossed a rock at Ozzie's face, hoping to score a hit.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ozzie ducked under the rock thrown by Longtail, but in the process was struck by Lori's rock. Ozzie grunted as the rock struck him in the ribs.

"So...there...are...2?" Ozzie panted. He picked up the rock that hit him and threw it back at Lori, aiming for her injured arm.

He coughed, picked up a large rock and pursued Longtail again, trying to use the rock as a bludgeon.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail's eyes widened as he saw the rock Ozzie was trying to strike him with and as he jumped out of the way he gave a momentary cry.
"Woah! Watch where you swing that thing!" He then jumped onto a nearby tree and pushed off of it and tried to land on Ozzie's back.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ozzie felt a rush of air behind him as Longtail leapt onto his back. He tried to dodge but failed. He fell back to the ground and dropped the large rock that he had been using as a weapon before.

"Nice trick!... But I'm not done yet!" Ozzie then ran backwards into a tree, trying to crush Longtail.

------------

"Target practice anyone?" Strut asked.

Hyp, who had arrived as soon as Strut's close quarters combat lesson began, shrugged. "Why not?"

Ducky, who followed Hyp, shook her head.

Deimos also shook his head. "I'm going to sleep."

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It was easy to twist herself and most importantly her arm out of the rock's path. She bent to pick up another rock, but hesitated as she saw what Ozzie was about to do. She was too far away to do anything to prevent him hitting the tree, but she still leapt forward to try and do something, forgetting her injured arm for a moment.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail felt the impact of the tree, and he heard something inside pop, but he didn't have time to figure out what it was as he slid down the tree and off of Ozzie's back. He quickly stood back up and used his whip like tail and tried to strike Ozzie several times in the face.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Misty nodded at what Deimos said before she and Kit prepared to leave. Kit nodded as well, yet Misty detected she was pursing her beak a bit.

As they left, the egg snatcher asked her about this. "Hey, um, you ok?" she asked. Kit turned to her as if nothing were wrong and Misty noticed that whatever it was wasn't a huge problem. "Huh?" she asked.

"You just, looked bothered, back there" Mist pointed. "Oh that" Kit laughed a bit, "Yeah, I'm fine, just...a difference of opinions between me and Deimos, see probably to what he would say is my opening myself up to attack, I do believe in atleast some mercy even when dealing with the most vidicitive dinosuars, even if they wouldn't give it to us too".

"Well, it is kinda just cave door opening to them attack you worse, I'll admit" Misty saw Deimos' point. "Yeah, but just because you're disabling doesn't mean you have to do it mercilessly...look don't get me wrong, I'm not judging what Deimos just said, like I said, it's just a difference of opinons, and he means well which is why I didn't and won't say anything" the flyer finished.

"Now let's go see how our newest threat is doing and Longtail's doing with him" Kit next said, flying that way.

"Now there's someone who strikes me as not needing much help" Misty commented. Kit laughed, "He'd just want you to think that".

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Littlefoot then headed off to his nest. After a few minutes he arrived.

"Littlefoot! Are you all right!?" Grandpa Longneck asked, noticing the deep gashes on his back.

Littlefoot nodded. "We encountered some intruders in Mr. Bigmouth's grove, we have killed them. And yes, I am fine."

"Any losses?"

"Most of Mr. Bigmouth's herbal medications had to be destroyed. The weaponry should be intact."

"Good, as long as everyone is all right it doesn't matter." Grandpa Longneck said.

"Oh, we'll need to increase patrols in the Feeding Grounds. Strut's brother, Ozzie was able to sneak in through an entrance there. We intercepted him in Mr. Bigmouth's grove." Littlefoot added.

Grandma Longneck frowned. "That's in the Sheltering Grass and a fair distance from the Feeding Grounds. We'll need to call a meeting with the patrol dinosaurs when the Bright Circle rises."

Grandpa Longneck nodded. "Agreed. I don't want to be accusatory but this is totally unacceptable and there will be punishments for those who shirked their duties and I have a feeling some of them did."

---------

Ozzie was unable to dodge the nearly invisible strikes of Longtail. He screamed as he was struck multiple times in the face. "You'll pay for this!" He again attempted to gouge out Longtail's eyes.

Over in the distance, 2 Great Valley guards were watching the battle. One of the guards had a stone knife and the other had a torch. They both ran to the battle.

"Longtail! We're here to assist." the torch bearing Swimmer said.

The knife wielding Fast-Runner, tried to wrestle Ozzie off of Longtail but was rewarded with painful elbow to the groin.

------------------

Theta, Styracus, Hasta along with their herd had set up camp in an oasis in the Mysterious Beyond.

A Swimmer was using her stone tipped javelin to stoke a campfire near the lake.

"Where's Kireek and Ressentiment Herd?!" Theta shouted.

"I'm assuming they got lost." Styracus replied.

"Damn it! We can't start attacking until they get here!"

"If they don't arrive soon we're going to start without them. We can't wait any longer."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail heard the guards make their entrance and while thankful for the help, he also knew that this was his fight.
"One of you two protect Lori, she has a hurt arm. Ozzie is mine!" However as he stood up to continue fighting only to realize that he couldn't move his wings...they were limp at his side.
"Well...this is bad." he said with a huff.