The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Stranded

brekclub85 · 1258 · 50999

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"<They trust you dad,>" Chomper smiled. Chomper walked over to his friends.

"Hey guys, I'll teach you how to speak sharptooth if you want," he offered in leafeater.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"That is a good idea Chomper." Littlefoot said.

"Yes, then we can all understand each other, at least a little." Ducky said nodding to the idea.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Ok guys, but you'll have to listen very carefully, and you'll need to be able to roar, growl, and click," Chomper explained.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Terri stepped out of the tree line as she smiled and looked down upon her son.
<"I think it would be a kind gesture, however I'm sure it will also prove to be rather amusing to watch as well."> She then asked Chomper
<"What will you teach them first?">

~~~~~

Cyrix had been trying to come up with an activity to do on the island, but he remembered that most of his time was spent sleeping. So the waterfall did indeed sound like the best and most enjoyable option.
"I say we go to the waterfall, it would certainly be a change of pace for me at least, as all I tend to do is sleep."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ducky nods, thinking, roar and growl, that should be easy for Cera, it should. She however looked at Cera and had already decided to not say anything.  But she nods to Chomper.  "Growl, roar, & click, ok."

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Twiz shrugged, "I guess...I mean, you guys say you do this all the time and you're not dead so...it must be safe" he followed. "Wow, you spend alot of time sleeping?" Twiz asked, "I would be too afraid I'd miss something interesting if I did that" he admitted as they made their way.

~~~~

"Y-eah" Kit nodded, despite her unsureness, "I think we can do that".

"Maybe" Cory added. Nonetheless like the others he was eager to give it his best shot.

Petrie nodded, "Yeah, we try our best and hopefully say actual stuff".

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix smiled at Twiz's comment.
"I do suppose you are right about missing something interesting, but sleep does bring peace of mind and lets me think about things that can be done to avoid the sharpteeth on this island." he said with a smile as he walked along the path.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Ok guys, I'll teach you something easy first: How to say hello."  Chomper proceeded to roar slowly so his friends could hear better. It was a little roar with a quick click at the end.

~~~~~~~~~~`

"Ok guys, follow me to the waterfall," Veil said

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix smiled as he turned to follow Veil to the waterfall.
"This should be exciting to do." he said aloud as he thought back to his hatchlinghood.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Oh, it will be," Veil assured. "It's fats and fun!"

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Cera rolled her eyes. "Like I'd want to know what some dumb old sharptooth is saying, anyways," she grumbled. Ducky was probably right in thinking that roars and growls were well within her vocal range. She was paying attention, though, and furtively tried to immitate Chomper's roar and click under her breath.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ducky did her best to imitate what Chomper did and got close in some aspects, though in sharptooth it may have sounded more like a hoho, then a hello.  

Littlefoot did his best and got a bit closer, though it sounded more like heoo.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Dein was trying hard not to laugh and he managed to do this, but he felt that his mouth muscles will be hurting for some time from the effort to stay still.

"<Not bad for a first try>" Papa Sharptooth said aloud, more to motivate Chomper to continue his teaching than to praise leafeaters.
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
In the mean time, a kid Runner arrived to the waterfall from another direction the others were coming. He arrived and snnifed the air, not smelling anything at first, but he was still very wary and approached the water and began drinking some water. After a little bit, he stopped drinking and began looking at his image reflected in the water - "where are you?....." - he said with a soft voice, but he stopped at he could now hear some voices.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Soon, Veil and the others arrived at the waterfall. "Hey, who are you?" he asked when he saw Trod.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Twiz paused as well as they arrived at the waterfall and saw the other new dinosaur. He was too shy to say anything after what Veil had said, and instead just landed smiling friendly, but remaining quiet.

~~~~

"He-Heo" Petrie's best attempt got out, the clicks and such were almost easier with his squawking power, but almost harder as well.

Kit got as far as "He" but seemed to trip up on the rest of it.

Cory twisted up his face and attempted his best repeat of the Hello...only the O got cut off in the way it came out of his mouth...without him even noticing it.

"Was that it?" the swimmer asked anxiously in flatooth, hoping he'd got it right.

(ooc: Sorry, couldn't resist :lol)

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
"Hmph." Cera pointedly ignored the others, and continued munching.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"It was an improvement," Chomper said.

"Now try this:" Carfeully, Chomper roared in sharptooth "<My name is>"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ducky tried and got out, "Why is my name..." in a fairly well not to bad pronounced fashion, though not what she was supposed to try to say.

Littlefoot took more time and got out a fairly mangled, but sorta understandable, "I namu as..."

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"That's better guys," Chomper smiled. "Just do it more slowly, and you may get it spot on!"