The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

A Journey Beyond

Aerodactyl

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Sneere smirked.

"Ah, well then maybe the time I think was coming is soon! sorry cousin but it seems you will be gone soon, my decedents will rule," Sneere said with a very delusional look on his face.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
ooc: a note to everyone.. the crater is actually a a mile or so off from the valley.. so to "look down into it" would be kinda impossible from this standpoint.. sorry for any confusion here, and please ask questions in the discussion area if you are confused. Also, thanks Kor for not having Petrie see too much of what's going on inside the crater. The characters need to remain oblivious of what's going on there for the current plot to work with my two three horn characters. Keep the characters in the valley until this plot is set .. thanks for your understanding! :)

Groffis was struggling to get closer towards the strange orb of light, still yelping from the static shocks that randomly emitted from the bellowing column of smoke.

"Well, what is it?" called Theadon who continually paced back and forth on the crater's edge, he eyed his brother impatiently waiting for a reply.

"Have patience brother!" called Groffis agitatedly and he came just close enough to look directly into the bright orb.

"It... it appears to be nothing but some big bright ball of light! And its really hot!" He called to his brother "Can I.. come back up now? This thing is starting to really spook me!"

Just then something happened. There was a strange flash of light  and the smoke column started to whirl around the light orb. Another flash of light and a then frighting pop noise and Groffis stood there no more. Vanished. The bright flash was almost blinding to Theadon and when he was able to recollect his sight he could not see his brother anywhere in the crater.

"Groffis? Where the heck did you get off to? What happened down there? GROFFIS!"

But there was no response.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Denton was too aww struck with the terrible sight of the outer world that he had completely forgot about his friends nearby. He did not hear their conversations. He was busy wondering what it was that was inside the distant crater.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Cyrix laughed lightly as Zaine continued his accusations. He lifted Longtail into the air with his hand and smiled as he replied, "Honestly Zaine... the reasons for your outbursts are truly unneeded. I am simply looking out for your safety."

Longtail scoffed aloud as he said, "Really... then why won't you let me go?"

Cyrix laughed again as he replied, "Because nephew... you're a flyer... and rather easily to run off and get yourself in trouble, and I personally don't want that to happen." Cyrix then turned to face Sneere and grinned. "And you, you must be confused... we dinosaurs have been around for a very long time... and I doubt we'll be going anywhere any time soon."

Littlefoot noticed Denton was still looking towards where the crater sat. He stepped over to the younger longneck as he spoke. "Hey Denton... it's an interesting sight isn't it..."

Aerodactyl

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Sneere smirked at Cyrix "You say that, but I have seen the future cousin, you will be gone and my kind will grow and make amazing things!" Sneere said making it very clear he wasnt exacly right in the head.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Chomper was a bit confused by the creatures remarks. "Since when have dinosaurs been slated to die off? We've been living for a long time, and like my friend said. We're going to be living for a long time." He was still very anxious to see what was in the crater, but it was kind of far away. He didn't want to run off by himself. He turned to Littlefoot again. "Littlefoot, how far do you think that thing is?"

Zaine still was not buying Cyrix's innocent act. He was sure that the rainbowface was in fact hiding something, but he could not tell what or why. "Whatever." He realized he wasn't getting anywhere with arguing with Cyrix, but he was still suspicious of him. Zaine noticed that Denton was still perplexed by whatever had landed. "Denton, are you okay?"

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Denton glanced away from the scenery realizing that Littlefoot was near him and that Zaine was talking to him.

"Huh? Oh.. yeah... sorry..." and then turning to Littlefoot "Hi Littlefoot.. I did not see you there... were you saying something to me?"

It would seem that Denton was so focussed on the distant crater that he subconsciously blocked out everything else that was going on around him. He knew that what he was seeing had something to do with his strange nightmares, and he was desperately trying to make sense of it all. The strange explosion the night before was definitely apart of his nightmare as well and he remembered that part strangely very well. And now the crater, he seemed to recall from the dreams too. Everything else seemed completely blotted from his mind.

Realizing his awkward absence made him feel somewhat embarrassed, but upon hearing Littlefoot and Zaine, he suddenly came back to focus and saw his surroundings much more clearer than usual.

---------------------------------

Theadon was suddenly more concerned about his own brother than he had ever been in his existing life. He quickly made his way down into the crater, stumbling and often tumbling until he slid into place where Groffis was standing before he vanished. Upon making his landing he was immediately jolted by the static sparks from the orb and he let out a painful yelp. It felt as if he were being jabbed all over with the needles of a large bramble bush all over his body. But being more concerned for Groffis he tried to ignore this.

"Groffis, where are you?!?" he called out, but there still was no answer, nor any sight of Groffis. He called again and again, still yielding no results. Feeling frustrated and nearly beaten by the static jolts he started to feel weak and weary and soon collapsed to the ground. He was facing the large ball of light as he lay there and soon he started to see images in it. He did not know if he were simply just hallucinating or dreaming, but what he saw in the orb appeared to be a completely different world.

Vague images of grassy pastures and mountains covered in fresh greenery and topped with ice. It was a world he had never seen. A world that had not yet come into existence on this same earth.

He also saw creatures, strange to him. Most were covered in fur. To us humans we'd know these creatures, some feline types (sabre tooth), some as woolly mammoths and other mammals well known during and around the first ice age.

Seeing these strange images within the orb of light, Theadon almost forgot about his brother. He even almost forgot about what was going on, and even of the world he currently lived in. But soon the images faded and he came to. And at that sudden moment he remembered his brother again.

"Groffis!" he cried as he struggled to stand to his feet. This time he was answered, but not by his brother. but from a voice, seemingly disembodied, coming from nowhere. Or everywhere. He could not tell. It seemed to hiss as it spoke to him.

"If you want to see your brother again, you must do as we tell you."

"Wha... who... who are you?" said Theaden who was very disturbed by the strange voice.

"That is none of your concern. Do as we say, or never see your brother again." replied the voice.

Though he was still frightened by this strange presence, he was desperate for Groffis, so he responded in the best manner that he could "Anything! Just... just give my brother back! He's all I have left!"

"You are to bring us younglings from your world. As a sacrifice. Only then shall we release your brother back into your time!"

----------------------------------

ooc: cut back to Denton and crew.

Aerodactyl

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Sneere glanced at Denton and smirked before he leaped on to his shoulder.

"You know what I'm talking about, you feel it, you've seen the future like I have, havnt you? you know what is comming and it tarrifies you, we are not so different cousin, but the real difference is, I have nothing to fear," Sneere nearly whispered into Dentons ear but was still loud enough for the others to hear.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cera looked over to Skye who was still walking onwards before she rushed back over to her and stood in front of her once again, staring her right in the face "Listen, at the moment, we don't have any real need to go and see the sky rock"

"Oh sure, and what do you know?" Skye almost snorted back at Cera, giving her a small glare as well "All I want to do is take a look, a quick one, that's all"

Cera groaned a little and looked back over to Petrie and Stryke, motioning for them to come over as well, to which she looked back to Skye once again "Just, wait here....okay?" she begun and waited for the other two to get over to them.

Skye sighed back "Fine....I'll wait for now...." she replied back and sat down on the ground where she was, grumbling some to herself as well.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Littlefoot smiled at Denton as he noticed the younger longneck come out of his trance like stupor. "I asked if the sight was amazing... I always see these types of things as a chance to learn something about our world." he said with an air of optimism in his voice.

Cyrix however began to usher the children back towards the other side of the valley wall. "Come along little ones, we'd best be getting home... unless you want the other elders to yell." He then looked to Sneere and commented, "You are an odd one... but you too are more than welcome to return to the valley with  us."

Longtail scoffed, "Sure... the valley only has so much food... why not lend the valley food to another hungry mouth." he said with a bored and somewhat sarcastic tone.

Stryke stopped walking for a moment as he thought of something.
"Hey, Cera, Skye, Petrie... I just had a thought... what if whatever made that noise last night is dangerous? Shouldn't we stay away from it?" he asked aloud.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Petrie nodded, "Far far away.  Let it mess with sharp teeths in scary beyond.  We no go there." Petrie said, not wanting to go anywhere where there was danger, not on purpose anyway.

-----

Mim shrugged to herself, "not a lot to see but a mess." she said to herself looking out from the small cave entrance very high up from the ground at the edge of a very sheer cliff and turned to go back through the tunnels to the great valley, though she wasn't really outside the great valley.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Chomper followed the others back into the valley, very disappointed. "Aww, but I wanted to see what that thing was! Now it's going to be bugging me all day!" He then noticed for the first time that there were others near them. He recognized them as Cera, Stryke, and Petrie. "Hey guys!" he called out to his friends. "Over here!" he waived. "You guys try to see the thing as well?"

Zaine now was having a hard time of figuring everything out. Cyrix was still acting very strange, but now Denton was acting weird. He had no doubts that Denton was curious about whatever happened that night, but it almost seemed like he was more terrified of it. Nevertheless, Zaine assumed Denton most likely didn't want to talk about it, and Cyrix was not going to talk. He laughed at Longtail's comment. "You know, I'm pretty sure there's enough food for all of us, but you are usually the one who hogs all of it."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Petrie looked at the direction of the familiar voice, "Chomper, me glad to see you. " He said as he flew over to where Chomper was.

Aerodactyl

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Sneere looked at the dinosaurs and chuckled as he clinged to Dentons shoulder.

"Fools, even though I'm right thay refuse to listen," Sneere said with a delusinal look on his face.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Denton went along with the rest of the dino's, his mind still wondering, but he did not keep entirely to himself. Sneere's suggestion about seeing into the future made him curious and so he questioned Sneere as he sat upon Denton's back.

"What exactly did you mean by seeing into the future?" asked Denton as he made his way down the stoney path. "I've never really thought about it... But since you've brought it up, you have me wondering... Is it even possible?"

Aerodactyl

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Sneere continued to smirk before he responded.

"Yes, I have seen the future, something will happen, I don't know when, but a great flying rock, the king of flying rocks, will come here and he will end you dinosaurs, and proclaim that my kind shall rule, my decendents shall grow to new sizes and shapes and create amazing things, this will all come to pass," Sneere said before he frowned "Ofcourse everyone thinks I'm crazy," Sneere sneered.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail smirked at Zaines comment.
"So.. I hog it all... well then what does Spike do all day?" he said with a laugh.

Cyrix continued to walk with a smile as he realized more of the children were gathering. "Glad to see that everyone is alright... now who here wants to play a game?" he asked with a warm tone in his voice.

Stryke grinned as he looked to Cera and asked, "More friends? You have a really strange group ya know."

Littlefoot laughed at Sneere's comment to Denton and replied, "well you have to admit... even if it is true, and I don't think it is, that it does sound kinda funny."

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Denton thought Sneere was a few pebbles too short in the head, but thought it rude to comment, so he did what he did best and kept his mouth shut. He proceeded with the other young dinosaurs, interested now in what games they would be playing that day.

-------------------------------------------------------

It didn't seem to take much of an effort for poor Theadin to leave the crater. He was frightened by the voice and the sudden disappearance of his brother. But he knew he had to obey the orders of this strange disembodied voice. He was to go set forth and find young children dinos to bring back to the crater, and maybe his brother would be spared some potentially terrible fate.

He did not understand what the voice meant when it told him that his brother was in another time, and he had almost forgot about the strange images he had seen in the light orb. His mind was now set on this mission. And he knew exactly where to look.

Even though he and his brother had been banned from the valley many sun cycles ago, they often snuck in through passages unknown to the valley residents to steal a few bites of fresh green food. They often spied on the valley dinosaurs while they were there, and they knew of several of the places the children loved to roam and play.

His plan was simple. To simply walk into the Valley, and sweet talk the kids into the prospect of an adventure to visit the crater. The children would not know who he was because they had never seen him, nor have they really ever heard of him from the other adults, but he would try to seem to them as a smart and very kind grown three horn who would lead and protect them on this grand and educational adventure away from the valley and back. He had to do this though where none of the valley adults could see him. For him, if he successfully pulled it off, not only would it probably bring his brother back, but it would also be the perfect revenge on the valley for his banishment.

The trek so far was an hours walk and the valley walls now sloped up before him, it would not be long before he found just the right hidden little passage that he could squeeze through and then his mission would only be half done.

---------------------

ooc: back to the kids

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine laughed. "Okay, Spike hogs most of the food. You just happen to hog what he leaves for the rest of us." He then glanced at Cyrix. The rainbowface certainly seemed innocent, and if he really did know anything he would have told them. He may not have trusted him and Longtail to not sneak off, but he did trust them enough with information. Maybe I've been too hard on him. He would never keep something so serious from us. Not after everything we've been through. "Hey Cyrix," Zaine spoke up. "I'm really sorry about how I've been accusing you. I've just been so worried about that thing and it just seemed like you knew something. I realize that you wouldn't keep something like that a secret, because you would want to protect us. You're like a father to me, and I shouldn't have yelled at you like that. Please forgive me."

Chomper still couldn't get over Sneere. He was certainly a strange character, but at the same time Chomper found him funny. "I'm sorry Sneere, but I really can't believe what you are telling us. The moment dinosaurs stop existing is the day sharpteeth become leaf eaters." He laughed at his own joke, even though it was probably a rude comment to somebody he had just met. He then looked over at Petrie. "Say Petrie, why didn't you just fly over to whatever that thing was? You could have been there and back really quickly."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"It look pretty far away." Petrie said.  

-

Mim exited from the cave and went over to a nearby bush to eat a leaf or 2.

"Been exploring?" Mia asked as she walked up to eat a bit from the same bush.  

"Just looking a bit at a high up area outside the valley.  Couldn't see much.  Looks like that flying rock made a mess." Mim said.

""Doesn't concern us any so why care." Mia said before she tore off a few leaves to start eating.

Aerodactyl

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Sneere grumbled something but his stomech soon rumbled and he frowned.

"I'm hungry," Sneere said as he looked around, he spotted a nest of eggs and smiled "Ah, Fruit!" Sneere cheered before he jumped over to the nest and picked up one of the eggs, cracked it open, and drank the inside "Ah sweet fruit," Sneere said happily as he picked up another egg.