The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Agatha Christie novels.

Saft · 25 · 3768

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Inspired by Nick, who is currently reading Agatha Christie's Poirot:Poirot's Christmas.

I have read nearly all of the Poirot novels, with the two exceptions of Poirot's Christmas and Last curtain.

I've enjoyed every single novel, I have no favourites although I do tend to read some more frequently than others.  Poirot is my God, so neat and orderly.  So precise on time.  I really like him.  

My only criticism is that sometimes the plot lines are similar, which they become slightly boring after a while.  

I've also read one Ms Marple novel: Murder at the vicarage.   I thought it was alright, I just didn't like it as much.  As the novel, obviously wasn't what I wanted.  As to Christie's other Novels (or plays) I have not read, although I'd like to read the Mouse Trap someday.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
M my favorite Christie story is "And then there were None" ten people go out to an island, and one by one they are bumped. off..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I've never read that novel although I have seen it in the bookstore.  I should really but I am attached to Hercule Poirot.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Poirot is up there aqs farr as great detectives go. He comments on Sherlock holmes, finding Watson the more interesting character...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Sorry Nick, I don't understand your post...

'aqs farr'

Although I'd have to disagree with Poirot on that point anyway, I find Holmes a far more interesting character than Watson.

It's similar for Poirot and Hastings.  Poirot is far more interesting than Hastings.  I dislike Hastings.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've read some Agatha Christie novels.  The Miss Marple ones I've not read since I was a kid, and the Poirot ones I read some of them maybe 3-6 years ago.   I did like them as I recall.  I also use to watch the shows on PBS.  

As I recall he has Hastings there since if Hastings reaches a conclusion Poirot knows it can't be that one.  Not sure if I recall that correctly or not.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"as far" I misspelled it :bang  sorry for the confusion. I too find Holmes the more interesting character. His sheer briliance in detective work.. for one..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
And Then There Were None was one of my favorites!  I read the book and saw the play recently and it was awesome!

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've never seen the play, but I've read the boook quite a few times. Christe was a brilliant writer, and a extremely popular one as shown by her book sales, over 2 billion worldwide..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I've watched some of the PBS film versions.  Some portray the brilliance of the novels and others well.....

...It would have been much preferred if they avoided that particular novel.  "Third Girl' is one example.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm currently reading another of the  Miss Marple stories..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've seen both miss Marple's they had, though the first one I don't remember to well since it was a while ago.   I've seen the Poirot ones though and remember those pretty well.  I've not read the books in a while.  They do all follow a certain similar plot, but they are of a certain subgenre of mystery so have to follow that.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yes they are a bit predictable, but its still fun readiong. Christie had a knack for storytelling..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yes.  & as for being predictable one can say the same for what I call quest fantasy.  But if you enjoy that subgenre you'll like it, though you may need or want to take a break from it for a while.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I like quest fantasy. in fact I try and rack up as much money as I can while playing :)
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
There are lots of authors who do Quest Fantasy.  I know Terry Brooks use to.  Not sure if he still does since I've not read his stuff in many years.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Have you read any good books lately Kor?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mainly online.  

The last books I've read recently have been some on comic history, comics gone ape about apes and monkey appearances in silver and bronze age comics, the hellboy companion & a book about silver age dc science fiction.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm currently reading "what MRs McGillicuddy Saw!
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile