The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Singing Project - Beyond the Mysterious Beyond

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Why do I keep forgetting?  Why? :bang

If I can still put it up, I'll finish it tomorrow or I'll beat myself dead! :slap

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay Action, I have a serious problem here and I'm hoping you can solve it.

I went to do my recording (finally!) and I found that the mic wasn't being recorded.  So I checked my settings and after making sure that they work properly, I then tried it again, and Goldwave didn't record my voice.

What is going on?  The mic works fine, but Goldwave won't record it.  Why?

Seriously!  I need some help here.

Thanks in advance.

Vilstrup

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~vilstrup
I'm backing out.
I simply can't find the time for it, and I've got too many other things on my mind at the moment.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Any luck getting it to work, Pokeplayer?  Really sorry for the late response, I haven't posted on the gof in ages, been too sleepy...:oops  zzzzzzz
Anyway :D

If your microphone is working, check a few options in Goldwave:

1) Turn off "ctrl key safety" unless you want to have to cold the CTRL key while pressing record.

2) Make sure the Microphone input is selected in Goldwave and turned up.

Read the options in goldwave carefully..if you can't find them click under the Tools menu to "Device controls".

It looks like we're not going to get anyone else besides pokeplayer now so I'll start working on the song in the near future! :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, considering time restraints of my own, I plan to do it either Saturday night or Sunday.  I'll be following your tips in the hopes that I get it this time.

However, note that this will be the LAST attempt I make.  So, if I don't get it, that's it, it's over.

Understand that I'm not going to put up with the crap my mic is giving me.  Also, I can't get a new one based on the fact that I have quite the bill to pay. (It's a long story on that one.) So, either I get it or I don't.  Here's hoping I do.

Wish me luck! :)

Jychara

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Please tell us if you're interested in this topic so we can make something cool out of it (maybe)

Oh,i'm interested...About 1 year it's up and it still not done ;) I have only one question-What is the difference between "different vocal parts"?I just don't understand or just don't know

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
There's no certainty that this will be finished any time soon. It has been in the works for a long time now, so I'm not sure if he is either uninterested in finishing or if he mainly forgot.

In terms of "different voice parts", they mean the different singing parts in the song. There are three parts.

High Part: Littlefoot, Ducky, Petrie

Middle Part: Female Rainbow Face, Cera

Low Part: Male Rainbow Face

The idea was to choose one or more of these parts and record yourself singing specifically that part.