The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The birth of a glorious new age! (April Fools 2020)

Rhett · 70 · 10871

Taunt

• A questionable test account
  • Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theonion.com/
Alright, Rhett, I haven't forgotten your failure to help me in my horrible raccoon adventure.  So now it is time for a bit of revenge...  :bestsharptooth

Rhett

• Hero of the Herd
  • Ruby
  • Scarer of the Sharpteeth
    • View Profile
Oh yeah?  Well, I was... busy.
Also called M'lord, by my loyal fans

Taunt

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Busy?  Too busy to help the guy who let you out?  :thudstonk

Rhett

• Hero of the Herd
  • Ruby
    • View Profile
Uhmmmm... Well, you see.... wait!  Where did my rank go?  :rhett_ohno

Taunt

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile

Taunt

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Time to go back into the portal, Rhett... but first....

Rhett

• Hero of the Herd
  • Ruby
    • View Profile
Seriously?!  You can't do this!

Taunt

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Okay, everyone, I think that we had quite a bit of fun with this year's festivities.  :bestsharptooth But now that the dust has settled, I do think that it makes sense to showcase Rhett for April in the character showcase. But don't worry fans of the useless sharptooth from film 6!  :p  In the place of where we had Rhett scheduled previously (September) we will have an honorable mentions month to celebrate all of the sharpteeth in the series that did not live up to expectations.

For now, however, the zaniness on the forum is at an end and Taunt will once again go into hibernation for a year.  Until next year, cheers!  :bestsharptooth

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
On that note, I would like to sincerely thank Mumbling for the hard work that she has put into this year's April Fools. :) She is responsible for the Rhett background, Rhett's artwork in fanart, the Rhettminister rank, and much of the planning of yesterday's festivities. Without her input Rhett's chaos would have been much reduced.  :yes

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
On that note, I would like to sincerely thank Mumbling for the hard work that she has put into this year's April Fools. :) She is responsible for the Rhett background, Rhett's artwork in fanart, the Rhettminister rank, and much of the planning of yesterday's festivities. Without her input Rhett's chaos would have been much reduced.  :yes

Thanks Rhombus, it was a blast!

I'd also like to thank @Flathead770 for his brilliant emotes and @Vojeds for the post icons of Rhett! Both of you worked along with this joke without your realization, which makes it even better ;)

Everything should be back to normal now, but don't hesitate to let me know if anything still needs to be rhett-ified.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It was a nice (and easy to anticipate) event but Rhett appreciation month? There are limits to harassment and you are crossing them. April Fools is over guys.
Inactive, probably forever.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
 :OhYou: Guess I can call off the Sharptooth Army now. *turns to Sharptooth Army* Okay, you can all go!

:bestsharptooth :evilsmile :thudstonk :anger: *leaves the forum*

:OhYou: *turns to Rhett* *glares* However, I'm keeping my eye on you.

:)littlefoot: Same here!  Chomper, if he gets out of line again, you can call back the Sharptooth Army.

:OhYou: You got it, Littlefoot.

-------------

In all seriousness, it was a fun April Fools idea.  Perhaps one of the best ever.  As you can see, I inserted my own fun.  Though it would make an interesting Fanfiction Story.  Too bad I have nothing more on it to get it going.  Oh well!

Anyways, gotta go now.

See ya later!

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Hey, why Rhett was removed form site background, and being replaced by this stupid flathead?...

AH!

*gets eaten by Sharptooh*
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Vojeds

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile

I'd also like to thank @Flathead770 for his brilliant emotes and @Vojeds for the post icons of Rhett! Both of you worked along with this joke without your realization, which makes it even better ;)

Everything should be back to normal now, but don't hesitate to let me know if anything still needs to be rhett-ified.
Haha thank you @Mumbling for this rhettTastic April fools joke   :rhett_smile

I had a lot of fun during all of the Rhett chaos and I REALLY have to give props to @Flathead770 for all of those emotes and that sweet cultist roleplay we had going on in the discord server.  :lol

I wonder what else you guys have in store for us  :chompysmile

Anyway I hope you all have Rhettfull month  :bestsharptooth
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 08:23:54 AM by Vojeds »

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
Are you sure that having an entire month dedicated to Rhett is a wise decision? You do know that his worshippers won't stop until the month is over, right? :p

Anyway, I would like to offer my thanks for making yesterday at least somewhat special, even if I found the entire idea ludicrous. People certainly had some fun and I'm glad for that. I can hardly await what we will see next year... :opetrie

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile

Ah, nice going, Mumbling! :lol The emotes made me think this was mostly Flathead's doing, but I suppose the fact that we barely saw you all April 1st should've tipped me off. You guys sure are willing to pull out all the stops for April Fools--the way you all kept the Rhett narrative going, it was certainly the most outlandish thing I've ever seen a site do for this holiday! I had been wondering on March 31st if there would be anything happening on here, but...this was more than I could've guessed. Considering that it looked like a couple players logged in just to post on this thread, I'm getting the feeling these kinds of hijinks are an annual thing... :rolleyes

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Considering that it looked like a couple players logged in just to post on this thread, I'm getting the feeling these kinds of hijinks are an annual thing... :rolleyes

Maaaaaaaaaybe  :lol

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It was a nice (and easy to anticipate) event but Rhett appreciation month? There are limits to harassment and you are crossing them. April Fools is over guys.
It's either now or in September so it is going to happen eventually. Might as well get it out of the way now. Just think that this harassment you feel is what everyone gives to Rhett any other day.  :bestsharptooth

This whole thing honestly took me completely by surprise! On April 21, 2019 I had independently decided to create a bunch of Rhett emotes for next years April Fools' considering how  :PCera  :bestsharptooth were a success in 2019. I had no idea that that there was so much more planned for Rhett. Like Vojeds said, it was fun roleplaying as our Rhett cultist as we sometimes do, and extending that mentality to the uninitiated on the forum   :rhett_grin
It was a blast!