The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT Sequals removed from shelves?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I seriously didn't want to believe this, but last Saturday, I went to the other stores within the area of where I work.  I saw that none of them, not a single one, were selling 2-13 anymore.  However, the Wal*Mart I was working at was still doing so.  However, I come to work today and I discover that we are doing the same.  2-13 are no longer being sold.  The label and everything else.  All of it.  Gone! :o

Best Buy and the Wal*Mart I work at are still selling the two latest releases of the TV Series and the 15th Anniversary Edition of the Original LBT Movie, but not the other places.

Please tell me, truthfully, that it's only my place and that you guys are still selling.  Or has the hater that is currently running Universal finally gotten smart and has made his move?

Note: If this is true, I fear I may soon lose the morale to continue with my upcoming vid.  The franchise still being strong was giving me hope and gave me the courage to continue, but if the hater is actually getting rid of it the smart way, I don't see a point anymore. -_-

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'd have to check Toys R Us, the only place here where I can find LBT movies earlier than LBT 11, in order to confirm anything.  I haven't been to Wal-mart in so long that I don't know if they still have them here or not.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Actually, there was never any LBT DVDs for sale in my place. -_-

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
The next time I'm in  my local Wal-Mart I'll be more than happy to check this out...I hope this isn't country wide...I'm starting to worry now... :(

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Most stores over here still have the sequels 11 - 13. The original one is there too occasionally and the other sequels too seem to be around though some of them less frequently than the others (the older the rarer). The situation over here may say little about the situation over there, but I don't remember having ever seen the original and all existing sequels lined up on a store's shelve.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Hmm...  Typically, at Target - where I go most of the time to get DVDs and stuff - I see them on the shelves for a little while, and then they're pulled...  I don't think you have to worry much, pokeplayer...  It's probably just a regular occurance...  Supply and demand, you know...  Don't worry...  I seriously doubt that this is the work of a hater...!  One thing, that a very good friend once taught me, though, pokeplayer: Don't ever give up on your dreams!  Ever!  Understand, bud?  Don't let the fools win!
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
If this happens at MovieLine or ?hlens... I'm gonna be soo pissed... :unsure:

/Lillefot
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,May 23 2008 on  11:11 PM
Most stores over here still have the sequels 11 - 13. The original one is there too occasionally and the other sequels too seem to be around though some of them less frequently than the others (the older the rarer). The situation over here may say little about the situation over there, but I don't remember having ever seen the original and all existing sequels lined up on a store's shelve.
Understand Malte, this has happened just recently.  So, unless your information comes from having recently checked your places, I really can't trust that information at the moment.  Understand, at this point, I need most updated info, okay?

I definately hope this is only a coincidence.  I'm growing worried here. -_-

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
they sold LBT 1 7 8 10 12 and 13, but they are all gone,

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well it's a new month soon, so I will be going to MovieLine anyway to buy my monthly supply of LBT DVD's.  :yes
So I may get to see if they still selling the sequels here in Gothenburg.
If they're about to stop, I'll buy all DVD's at once. No matter the cost.  -_-
I can understand that you're worried, I am to...  :unsure:

/Lillefot

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I've never seen ANY store (aside from a movie rental place) have all of the LBT movies at the same time.  A year or so ago, walmart had LBT 3,4 and 7 on the shelves.  Now they're nowhere to be found.  Now they have 1, 11, 8, 12, and 13.  In between each switch of which movies they carried, there was a 2 week period when there was no LBT movies on the shelves.  They're probably just going to replace the LBT movies they had with different ones.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
...That seems like the most logical explanation, Austin...
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It does make sense, keeps some folks purchasing some LBT movies they do not have.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah, it's a good point. (and buisness idea)  :^.^:

/Lillefot

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Amazon.com sells them.  I don't get what the concern is for.  Perhaps they've all been bought or something.

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
The stores over here still have LBT DVDs.
They even have 1-13 more than twice. o.O

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hmm; that's interesting, Sky...

...Yeah, Amazon.com DOES have them, so, I really don't see too bad of an issue here, pokeplayer.  It'll all be okay, really...  If Universal still sees a fanbase for LBT - obviously, it exists - and still sees it as a viable source of revenue - obviously, they still do - then we have NOTHING to worry about...! ;)

So, relax bro; it'll all work out in the end! B)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Ok, I'll go this week to check out in my city.  :yes
Gonna buy Stormbreaker anyway!  :rolleyes:

/Lillefot

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Maybe you guys are right.  Maybe it will only be off the shelves for a couple of months.  It's not like my store hasn't done that with something else.  Then again, with my store, the rule usually is, once it's gone, it's gone.  There are exceptions, not many and they are usually seasonal stuff, but still...

Despite what may happen, I won't let this get me down.  Guess I just needed time to let all of this settle in.

I still believe that it won't be long before you guys that do have them no longer see them on the shelves.  Seriously guys, I fear for LBT now. :(