The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT Sequals removed from shelves?

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Aww, are you guys kidding?!  I mean listen to yourselves!  C'mon, we're talking about one of the most successful animated franchises in the HISTORY of animation!  I seriously doubt that Universal will give up The Land Before Time without a fight!

You know what I'm saying?  They can hate, and hate, and HATE HATE HATE, but, if there's enough fans out there that will enjoy a fourteenth movie - and believe you me, I KNOW there are - Land Before Time is going NOWHERE!  ...Not for a long time, guys!
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yep. What he said!  :yes
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
There could be any number of reasons for the shortage on shelves.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I still say they're just replacing the movies.  I mean, they can only make money off of LBT 11 for so long. :p People will want the other movies, but walmart doesn't wanna make room for 13 LBT movies.  If ya notice, the kids section isn't that big.  They'd be giving 10% of their shelving space in the kid section to LBT. :rolleyes:

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
And, I still agree with you, Austin!  I think that's exactly what's going on here...  Just give it time, guys, and I think you'll see that this is exactly what's happening...  Supply and demand seems to be the current trend for the "American way..."  They will most likely circulate them back and forth...  It wouldn't hurt to ask one of the clerks if they've got some stuff stored away, either! ;) "Oh yeah, it's in the back..."  (Not that I was one for doing that, admittedly.  And granted, that doesn't always work...  Especially at bigger stores...)
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I would agree that is likely the case.  Best to wait and see what happens.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Don't give up! Produce your vids!

Luckily, this hasn't happened with me. At least with the most recent ones. They at least haven't taken off 13 and 12 and the other current ones.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I haven't been to any stores like Walmart or Target, but the Hollywood Video nearby has a couple copies of LBT 11 and one copy of LBTs 7, 13, and 10. That's pretty good for Hollywood video, which only has like 200 titles in the whole store.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The main thing we must consider though is that LBT is in the hands of a hater now, and franchises have died at the hands of haters before, despite how popular they may be.  I could give out quite a few that have died by haters even though they were doing SO well. (Sonic SatAM is the first I can think of off the top of my head.)

Seriously guys, were just getting lucky right now.  To me, it's only a matter of time before the hater removes it all. :(

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
...But, why such a pessimistic viewpoint?  ...It seems like everybody has those nowadays... -_-

...Why worry too much?  Well obviously, 'cause we all like LBT, but...  ...This creates such negative energy...  And then, most of us feed off of that negative energy! :(

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I'm not very concerned about this situation, no offense intended.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Honestly, this is absurd.  A movie goes off the shelves in your local store and you blow the entire series to crap?  You're blowing this waaaaaaaay out of proportion.  Besides, having these kinds of thoughts isn't good.  I believe you can think your reality into existence.  Thinking of LBT is dead will just kill it faster.  I mean, it's gonna die eventually.  We all know that, but it doesn't have to die now. :rolleyes:

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,May 28 2008 on  02:55 PM
Honestly, this is absurd.  A movie goes off the shelves in your local store and you blow the entire series to crap?  You're blowing this waaaaaaaay out of proportion.  Besides, having these kinds of thoughts isn't good.  I believe you can think your reality into existence.  Thinking of LBT is dead will just kill it faster.  I mean, it's gonna die eventually.  We all know that, but it doesn't have to die now. :rolleyes:
My thoughts exactly, Austin.  My thoughts exactly...  All things must pass, but, let's have some fun, for crying out loud!  Don't dwell on the negative; look for the positive!  (Unless you can create something positive OUT OF the negative; that's another story...)  I'm not all that concerned YET.  ...I see your points, pokeplayer, but, I just think, like Austin said, that you're blowing this way out of proportion...  LBT isn't controlled by a hater, for Pete's sake! :p Universal would shut them out...  They know what's good for their company, and right now, LBT is a very good thing for them!  They can still make a good profit out of it, and they'd be stupid to throw in the towel now!  That's just, as my mom usually would say, "Stinkin' thinkin'!"

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Maybe I am overreacting to all this.  However, you guys don't really understand just how close to my heart LBT is.  I guess there is such a thing as being too close.  Maybe I just need a break from all LBT related stuff.  Just for a bit.  Maybe then I'll feel better about this. :) (Of course, this would mean leaving this board for a while.  So, if it comes to that, I'll be away for a while. -_-)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've honestly been contemplating leaving the board for a while myself.  I just couldn't make myself though.  I don't think I could spend any more than 20 hours or so in between posts.  I'd go nuts. :D I know if I posted a going away message that I wouldn't be able to stay off of the board anyways, so what's the point?  I'll just make myself crazy, humiliate myself, and waste people's time. -_-

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh... I think I understand about the closeness thing.  ...You think I don't?  Then read a few posts I've made about it!  In particular, I think I posted in the "What does LBT mean to you" section, and especially, read my post on "What made you watch LBT," something like that.  In the 1988 section...  Then, you'll understand, that, yes, it's probably one of the CLOSEST things to my heart, at this point in my life!  And...  Don't question it because I said things like that...  Believe me buddy, I think I can understand, because, I'm the SAME way...!

EDIT: If it means going to war over it with haters, then I can understand, and even join in, to a point...!  But, my anxiety issues - let them rest in peace - would cause me to die of a heart attack before long!

EDIT 2: ...Or, was one of those posts I mentioned, the "Does LBT make you cry?" thread...?  I can't remember, pokeplayer; it's been too long...

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Maybe I am overreacting to all this. However, you guys don't really understand just how close to my heart LBT is.
Quite honestly, if there is one thing one should realize when attending the GOF it is that there are other people who don't consider LBT mere entertainment and to whose heart LBT is as close as it is to yours pokeplayer.
We have so far no proof for any continuation of LBT and it is possible that there will be no more sequels or episodes. This is not certain however and the removal of LBT DvDs / videos from the shelves in one wal mart or even in a whole chain of supermarkets within the US would not be a sufficient prove for any "prophecies of doom" as far as I'm concerned.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,May 28 2008 on  11:30 PM
Maybe I am overreacting to all this. However, you guys don't really understand just how close to my heart LBT is.
Quite honestly, if there is one thing one should realize when attending the GOF it is that there are other people who don't consider LBT mere entertainment and to whose heart LBT is as close as it is to yours pokeplayer.
We have so far no proof for any continuation of LBT and it is possible that there will be no more sequels or episodes. This is not certain however and the removal of LBT DvDs / videos from the shelves in one wal mart or even in a whole chain of supermarkets within the US would not be a sufficient prove for any "prophecies of doom" as far as I'm concerned.
Once again, I agree.  This is a normal occurence within America...  It's rather weird, but, then again, there's that whole "supply and demand" thing.  America pretty much RUNS that way...  (More or less...)  But, that in and of itself, just as you said Malte, does not lend any credibility to the idea that LBT is dead.  We just don't know, and WON'T know for a while...  For all we know, they'll keep writing them until, well...  Who really knows? :mellow:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
There is no official news either way, and likely may not be for a while.  Look when the recent movies came out, and there have been more then a year between movies before I would assume.