The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT Sequals removed from shelves?

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hey,
Just got back from the city!
I went to MovieLine to buy some DVD's!
Well, here in Gothenburg, LBT's NOT removed. On the contrary!
I can swear I saw atleast 5 of each DVD!  :lol:

So, I bought Stormbreaker, True Lies...
AND LBT 4-5.  :^.^:

/Lillefot
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Hey, that's great!

Were they in Swedish, or English?
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I almost feel guilty.

I've bought all of my LBT movies used off Amazon for like a cent each. If the LBT franchise does shut down (which I doubt), I'll no doubt feel that the money I should have spent on new copies from Universal might have been just enough to keep the series profitable.

Did I sell my life and soul for discount used movies?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I would say don't feel bad about buying a used copy.  It may have wound up in the trash if it wasn't purchased by someone.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Buying used LBT movies is legal, but it's true that it does hurt the company who made them.  I first bought all the LBT VHS tapes, then I sold them.  After that, I bought all the LBT DVD's and ripped them to the computer, and then threw them away.  Finally, I bought all the LBT DVD's and VHS tapes again and now they're proudly on my shelf.  I've spent about $600 on LBT material in my life.  I guess there are some like me and others who don't give a lot of money to Universal.  I don't know though.  My case is very unique however and you have to remember that most parents get movies for their kids from the thrift store or garage sales.  I don't think they're getting much revenue from the older LBT movies.  It's best to buy your movies new if you want to support LBT.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: NeptuneNavigator2001,May 29 2008 on  03:09 PM
Hey, that's great!

Were they in Swedish, or English?
LBT in my country features:
English
Swedish
Norweigan
(sometimes danish)

Now, lets see how many LBT songs my language has ruined in these sequels!  <_< :lol:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Do you have a favorite language for the LBT songs, or are there certain songs you like better in certain languages then others?

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah, let's see, Gustav!  Heh...! :P:

And, as Kor asked, do you have a favorite language for the songs?  (In my opinion, the original language is the best - English - because that was the language that Universal was working with originally, and, things just, sound better, IMO, in their native languages.  It's hard to properly translate a song, and still keep the "proper timing and rhyming" aspect intact... :rolleyes:
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yes, I can imagine translating would throw the timing off and likely certain words would not rhyme at all.  And some expressions may be hard to translate without using more words, which would throw off the timing, or substitute another phrase in that language that means the same or close to it, which would again mess up the timing.  I am curious if Littlefot, or others, have a certain language, or languages, they prefer to listen to and watch the songs in, or certain songs they prefer in a specific language.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,May 30 2008 on  01:14 PM
Yes, I can imagine translating would throw the timing off and likely certain words would not rhyme at all.  And some expressions may be hard to translate without using more words, which would throw off the timing, or substitute another phrase in that language that means the same or close to it, which would again mess up the timing.  I am curious if Littlefot, or others, have a certain language, or languages, they prefer to listen to and watch the songs in, or certain songs they prefer in a specific language.
Totally agreed.  ...My curiosity is peaked...

Inl?-rah

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/inle-rah
Oh boy...coming back here, and browsing all the threads just makes me want to get back into LBT again. I remember seeing packaged sets of all the sequels at Fred Meyer some months ago. I wonder if those are still there? I never considered buying the sequels until I read all this stuff. There's thirteen films in all? Buying them one by one would take forever. I hope they still have the sets.

I know what I'm doing tomorrow! XD

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: InlÈ-rah,May 31 2008 on  03:25 AM
Oh boy...coming back here, and browsing all the threads just makes me want to get back into LBT again. I remember seeing packaged sets of all the sequels at Fred Meyer some months ago. I wonder if those are still there? I never considered buying the sequels until I read all this stuff. There's thirteen films in all? Buying them one by one would take forever. I hope they still have the sets.

I know what I'm doing tomorrow! XD
Glad for you!  :)

Personal tip:

I myself buys 2 DVD's a month. Why? I don't wanna spoil everything in one single row! I acctually feel pretty lucky, that I still haven't seen all LBT, cause that means I always have something to look forward to!  :^.^:
Just for your consideration mate, but in the end, it's your call!
Do what you wish and feel!  :)

/Lillefot

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yes, 13 movies so far.  Some dvd's have 2 movies on 1 dvd.  There is also a tv series with, I think, 4 dvd's out so far.  Each dvd has 4 episodes so far on it.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I would suggest buying them all individually.  I think they look better on the shelf individually and when they come out with another movie it won't look odd in your collection.  I think you should just buy them all at once if possible.  Who says you can't just wait to watch them?

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I completely agree with that.  In fact, I agree with all the latest posts...

Inl?-rah

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/inle-rah
Well, this bites to the max. I went to town with my dad today, and checked Fred Meyer. All that was there was the first movie(only two copies), and DVDs featuring episodes from the series.

The thing is, my long-term memory is much better than my short-term memory, ironically. So, when I thought I'd seen the 9-disc set recently, it was probably in reality more like several years ago. However, I would think at least that the 13th film would have been there. But, no sign of it. It was released last year, wasn't it?

I can't find the 9-disc set anywhere. Not on Amazon, not on Ebay, my two favorite places to get hard-to-find items. Dang it, man!

I guess I'll have to get them one or two at a time on Ebay. It'll cost more, but I want those DVDs. I probably spend much more money at Starbucks every year than I do on DVDs in the same amount of time.  :lol:

It's either that, or wait for the 14th film and hope Universal releases two 7-disc sets. But why wait? XD  That's my buying philosophy: if you can get it now, get it NOW!
I have a sign on the outside of my bedroom door that reads: "Of course I need it today. If I wanted it tomorrow, I'd order it tomorrow!" That pretty much sums up my personality. My dad is the same way.  :wub:

But right now I need some sleep. I'm nocturnal, and I didn't get much Zzz's this morning before I took off to Astoria. *Snore*

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Besides ebay there are also online places like Amazon and other online stores.

Tropicalia

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • http://fishlover.deviantart.com
after reading this topic I checked at my local wal-mart for "the land before time" relates stuff, and they have all the LBT dvd's removed from the shelves too, but the only acception was the "through the eyes of a spiketail" tv series dvd. D:

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: kjeldo,May 31 2008 on  11:29 AM
good to see them back in the shelves here!
kjeldo.. I have never seen lbt in any shop.. Where did you see them? :o