The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

It Freaking Figures

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Why is it that the ONLY computers that get some sort of horrible infection are the ones I NEED the most?  I mean, this is the third time in a row my school laptop has gotten some crap from the net and I barely even connected it!  Now, my master computer's always exposed to crap and horrible viruses/spyware, but it never gets screwed up.  Now, an hour before school starts my entire laptop crashes because of some junk crap that I downloaded.  All I did was a google image search!!!  Now I have to be late to school because I can't go when I have none of my work.  I'm gonna be a few hours late at least.  This is one bad bug.........  Stuff like this always happens to me.  I call a client telling them their computer is almost ready to be picked up, and while downloading AVG a horrible bug infects it and I have to take another hour or two to fix the problems.  It really makes me look bad. :angry: I've never understood why this always happens to me, but I'm ready for an explanation. :p

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ow.. That's not fair at all. I don't have those problems, only anoying little brothers who download virussus into the computer. Since a few months they ask me whether they can download something or not, that helped. We had only had one virus since.

But as you are the only one using your computer, I don't know why it happens(because I think you know what you can or cannot download). It's kind of unfair.

The fact: Nothing goes the way you want it to.
I have got different opinions on that(Schizophrenia??(nah, kidding)).
I think it is correct that nothing goes the way you want it to, because we humans can't make things perfect.
But... Things could work out the way we want to, if we did everything perfect and securly. Like cleaning up everything, or watch where you walk all the time, etc. But.. we humans are too lazy to keep on doing things perfect, so it's our own fault(I'm not blaming you or something)

Heh.. I am a bit weird..

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile
It's called "Sod's Law". I'm sorry to hear this, but hopefully things should head up for a while now.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ugh!  Who are the sickos that make those things?

Then again, I have heard that AVG is currently updating their free version.  Maybe some flaws are happening and this is the sad result of it all. :( Let's hope this is the case and you can go back to looking good again soon. :)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The new version of AVG has built in spyware protection.  I can kick spybot off of my computer and clear off my startup processes!  It really is more improved, but they turned off the feature that makes it ignore the email scanner plugin.  I disable the email scanner cuz it uses resources at startup and all it does is scan email through outlook express.  Because of this, my status is always "not fully protected".  Who stores emails onto their computer anymore with Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, and other mail hosts?  There was a feature in the old AVG that allowed you to ignore the plugin status, but they removed that with this version. <_<  Now AVG's always screaming at me with popups "You're not fully protected!!!" and crap like that. :angry:

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
O.. I never have those emailscanners, they are realllly anoying!

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
for a while there was some virus/trojan embedded in images and if you loaded one it could nab you.  I thought all virus providers could find it and stop it by now.  Its kinda old by virus standards.

I can't speak for AVG anymore.  I had to turn off the "proactive defense" on Kaspersky which would literatty warn me about every single thing that changed.  Turned it off because I'm not that careless.  I don't know why these things happen.  Depends on where you go for downloads too.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
for a while there was some virus/trojan embedded in images and if you loaded one it could nab you. I thought all virus providers could find it and stop it by now. Its kinda old by virus standards.

Well, the antivirus system has to know about the existence of the threat in order to prevent it from penetrating your computer.  It must've been a very new virus to have gotten past AVG's resistance shield.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
...Yeah...  Unfortunately, sick freaks are always creating new viruses.  That virus I told you about a while ago, is such a virus - one that wasn't thought up until recently...  (The one that shuts off your CPU fan... :x )

Hmm; I've got AVG, and I've hardly, if ever, had a problem since...  What version are you using, Austin?
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...